Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed cmd
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers sed cmd Post 302343623 by sankar_vitam on Thursday 13th of August 2009 05:24:30 AM
Old 08-13-2009
sed cmd

write the sed command for swapping the first and 2nd (fields)words in the following file

input file

cse1 rama 1223
cse2 raju 2453
cse3 sita 3523

i tried with this

$sed 's/ \([a-z]*\)/ \([a-z]*\)/ \2,\1' myfile1

but not getting th required output sir

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix cmd

Hi i want a shell script to get the date which is mentioned in the first line of a file. file format is: #EOD rates on 20050228 at 22:06:37 -------- -------- ------- first line length is always fixed. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasi
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man <cmd> >> cmd.txt

I've noticed most of my postings here are because of syntax errors. So I want to begin compiling a large txt file that contains all the "man <cmd>" of the commands I most have problems with. I ran a "man nawk >> nawk.txt" but it included a header/footer on each "page". Anyone know how I'd be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mv cmd

Hi All, How can I move only files to another destination using mv cmd in hp-ux. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhbd
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting a carriage rtn in a sed cmd

I suppose this is a silly newbie Q, but I have a set of text I am inserting into a file using a sed cmd and before I insert, I want to ask the sed operation to move to add a carriage return first, and then place my new line. Is there scope within the sed command to do this - i have tried "\n"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirtrancealot
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

i am not getting any idea how to do the following with SED cmd

hi friends i am not getting any idea about how to implement the following with the help of SED cmd 1)need a sed command that deletes the first character in each line in a file 2)need sed command that deletes the character before the last character in each line in a file ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankar_vitam
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command works from cmd line to standard output but will not write to file

Hi all .... vexing problem here ... I am using sed to replace some special characters in a .txt file: sed -e 's/_<ED>_/_355_/g;s/_<F3>_/_363_/g;s/_<E1>_/_341_/g' filename.txt This command replaces <ED> with í , <F3> with ó and <E1> with á. When I run the command to standard output, it works... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crumplecrap
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix cmd prompt how to get old cmd run?

Hi, I am using SunOS I want to serch my previous command from unix prompt (like on AIX we can search by ESC -k) how to get in SunOs urgent help require. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl open(CMD, "cmd |"); buffering problem..

Hello, There's a third-party application's command that shows the application's status like "tail -f verybusy.log". When use the command, the output comes every 1-sec. but when it goes in a script below the output comes every 8-sec...What is the problem and how can I fix it? open(CMD,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shawn, Lee
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Embed cmd into sed replacement to have dynamic substitution

Hello, Is it possible to embed the command output to the replacement of sed? Say I need to replace all the blank lines with random strings: input: ACCTTCGTCTTCTGG GCTTGAGATGGTCCA GCAGGGCTAGTGACG GACGAGTCTCTTGAC ACCAAATCAAAGATCand output is: >26aa36d934d44f06d15b3aab4645a602 $(date |... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with cmd while using ps

Hi i am new to shell scripting and any help is really appreciated. my requirement is in, ps -e -o pid,uname,cmd how can i split and take only the cmd part from it. I tried awk but the issue is when the cmd is returning a lengthy command which itself has some spaces it is truncating the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jojo90
7 Replies
CH_LAB(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 CH_LAB(1)

NAME
ch_lab -- change/copy label files SYNOPSIS
ch_lab [-S frame spacing] [-start time] [-end time] [-ext file extension] [-extract file] [-extend time] [-f sample frequency] [-lf sample frequency] [-itype file type] [-key key file] [-lablist list of labels] [-length time] [-map map file] [-name feature name] [-class class] [-o output file] [-otype file type] [-pad high | low] [-pos list of labels] [-q timestep] [-range range] [-sed sed file] [fl shift time delta] [-style output stype] [-vocab vocab file] [-verify] [-nopath] [-base] [-combine] [-divide] [-h] input files ... DESCRIPTION
ch_lab copies from one or more input label files to an output label file, optionally performing various operations along the way. The following option flags are recognized: -h Print a summary of usage to standard output. -S frame spacing frame spacing of output -start time start time, in seconds, for label extraction -end time end time, in seconds, for label extraction -ext file extension filename extension to use for multiple output files -extract file extract a single file from a list of files -extend time extend track file by time seconds beyond label file -f sample frequency sample frequency of label file -lf sample frequency sample frequency for labels -itype file type type of input label file: esps htk ogi -key key file key label file -lablist list list of labels to be considered as blank -length time length of track produced, in seconds -map map file label mapping file -name feature name eg. Fo Phoneme -class class name of class defined in op file -o output file output file name -otype file type output file type: xmg, ascii, esps, htk -pad high | low pad with high or low values -pos list list of labels to be regarded as 'pos' -q timestep quantize label timings to nearst value -range range difference between high and low values -sed sed file perform regex editing using sed file fl shift time delta shift the times of the labels -style output style output style e.g. track -vocab file file containing list of words in vocabulary -verify check that only labels in vocab file are in label file -nopath ignore pathnames when searching label lists -base use base filenames for lists of label files -combine -divide SEE ALSO
ch_wave(1) ch_track(1) Edinburgh Speech Tools April 5, 2001 Edinburgh Speech Tools