Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Filesystem mystery: disks are not busy on one machine, very busy on a similar box Post 302343475 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 12th of August 2009 02:48:17 PM
Old 08-12-2009
Are the machines reading/writing the same directories?. Directory size can really affect performance of ls and other file operations.

Are the files mounted with NSF? If so are the mountpoints off the root directory / ?

IO request queue lengths are huge on the bad box as well.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

umount, device busy, but..

I'm trying to unmount a file system, but umount says the device is busy. A fuser -c /myfs tells me that nothing on this fs is in use. Any idea? Oh, and btw, why isn't my signature beeing displayed? Show user's signature is enabled and I have entered one :/ (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sTorm
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CD Drive is busy

one problem which seems simple but i've faced many times is when i've used cd & want to eject, however i'm not in /dev/cdrom/... in any of my Xterms but it gives the message that the the CD drive is busy. the only thing i could do is /etc/init.d/volmgt stop & eject the CD manually but it doesn't... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikk
6 Replies

3. HP-UX

Cannot umount - device busy

Anyone have any idea why I cannot umount a directory even though fuser shows no process attached to it? fuser -cu /data/oracle/GMPSHRDM/export /data/oracle/GMPSHRDM/export: umount /data/oracle/GMPSHRDM/export umount: cannot unmount /data/oracle/GMPSHRDM/export : Device busy umount:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: keelba
2 Replies

4. Programming

using signals instead of busy wait

Hello, First time posting on this board hopefully someone will able to help me. I am looking for some examples of c programs which use a signal to notify the program to begin a certain action instead of having it continually loop to check to see if condition is attained(busy wait). Any... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jut26
5 Replies
Sys::Filesystem::Netbsd(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      Sys::Filesystem::Netbsd(3pm)

NAME
Sys::Filesystem::Netbsd - Return NetBSD filesystem information to Sys::Filesystem SYNOPSIS
See Sys::Filesystem. INHERITANCE
Sys::Filesystem::Netbsd ISA Sys::Filesystem::Unix ISA UNIVERSAL METHODS
version () Return the version of the (sub)module. ATTRIBUTES
The following is a list of filesystem properties which may be queried as methods through the parent Sys::Filesystem object. fs_spec Describes the block special device or remote filesystem to be mounted. fs_file Describes the mount point for the filesystem. For swap partitions, this field should be specified as none. If the name of the mount point contains spaces these can be escaped as 40. fs_vfstype Dscribes the type of the filesystem. fs_mntops Describes the mount options associated with the filesystem. fs_freq Used for these filesystems by the dump(8) command to determine which filesystems need to be dumped. fs_passno Used by the fsck(8) program to determine the order in which filesystem checks are done at reboot time. VERSION
$Id: Netbsd.pm 128 2010-05-12 13:16:44Z trevor $ AUTHOR
Jens Rehsack <rehsack@cpan.org> - <http://www.rehsack.de/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2009,2010 Jens Rehsack. This software is licensed under The Apache Software License, Version 2.0. <http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0> perl v5.10.1 2010-05-18 Sys::Filesystem::Netbsd(3pm)