Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Counting
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Counting Post 302343418 by joeyg on Wednesday 12th of August 2009 12:02:22 PM
Old 08-12-2009
Hammer & Screwdriver a couple of things to consider

1) you could filter for the NM with something like
Code:
$2=="NM"

or,
2) find count for 2nd field
Code:
cat file | cut -d"\t" -f2 | sort | uniq -c

which could be augmented to grep for NM

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with counting files please

Hi all. If I have a unix directory with multiple files, lets say, I have some with .dat extensions, some with .txt extensions, etc etc. How in a script would I provide a count of all the different file types (so, the different extensions, I guess) in the directory?? So if I had: test.dat... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gerard1
6 Replies

2. IP Networking

counting the packets

there are a number of clients connected to a server.... how can i count that each clients recieve ...? how do i moniter the activity of the client..? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: damn_bkb
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting up a variable

Hello, I am trying to write a shell script, but i encountered a problem I cant solve alone so I hope you guys can help me. The situation is: I have a script file and a config file, in my config file I set some Variables: for example: destination=(xp, xq, xt) username=testor... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kenada
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

counting words

if i have a long list of data, with every line beginning with an ip-address, like this: 62.165.8.187 - - "GET /bestandnaam.html HTTP/1.1" 200 5848 "http://www.domeinnaam.nl/bestandnaam.html" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1)" how do i count which ip-adresses are mentioned... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FOBoy
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting words

Hi Is there a way to count the no. of words in all files in directory. All are text files.I use wc -w but somehow i am not getting the rite answer. Is there an alternative. Thanks in advance (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kinny
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting

Hi, The following output shows how many pmon process are started by users named : oracle or yoavb $ ps -ef |grep pmon |grep -v grep |grep -v ipmon oracle 11268 1 0 Sep 2 ? 36:00 ora_pmon_qerp oracle 17496 1 0 Oct 11 ? 8:58 ora_pmon_bcv oracle 15081 1 0 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

counting using awk

Hi, I want to perform a task using shell script. I am new to awk programming and any help would be greatly appreciated. I have the following 3 files (for example) file1: Name count Symbol chr1_1_50 10 XXXX chr3_101_150 30 YYYY File2: Name ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
13 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

counting?

Hi all, I promise this is my very last dumb question.. but how to you count how many unique names you have. My dataset is: >Bac1 afdsgrr >Bac4 egege >Bac8 dgrjh >Bac1 afdsgrr >Bac1 afdsgrr >Bac8 dgrjh What i want to know is that how many unique names there is, so the output would... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Iifa
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sequential counting

Hi have a file of the following format a1 a1 a2 a2 a4 a4 a4 a3 a3 a5 a6 a6 a6 a6 .. 100's of lines (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
2 Replies
XkbFreeGeomRows(3)						   XKB FUNCTIONS						XkbFreeGeomRows(3)

NAME
XkbFreeGeomRows - Free rows in a section SYNOPSIS
void XkbFreeGeomRows (XkbSectionPtr section, int first, int count, Bool free_all); ARGUMENTS
- section section in which rows should be freed - first first row to be freed - count number of rows to be freed - free_all True => all rows are freed DESCRIPTION
Xkb provides a number of functions to allocate and free subcomponents of a keyboard geometry. Use these functions to create or modify key- board geometries. Note that these functions merely allocate space for the new element(s), and it is up to you to fill in the values explicitly in your code. These allocation functions increase sz_* but never touch num_* (unless there is an allocation failure, in which case they reset both sz_* and num_* to zero). These functions return Success if they succeed, BadAlloc if they are not able to allocate space, or BadValue if a parameter is not as expected. If free_all is True, all rows are freed regardless of the value of first and count. Otherwise, the number of rows specified by count are freed, beginning with the row specified by first in the specified section. RETURN VALUES
Success The XkbFreeGeomRows function returns Success when there are no allocation or argument errors. DIAGNOSTICS
BadAlloc Unable to allocate storage BadValue An argument is out of range X Version 11 libX11 1.6.0 XkbFreeGeomRows(3)