Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris basic question on sd.conf and lpc.conf file Post 302343414 by mokkan on Wednesday 12th of August 2009 11:35:09 AM
Old 08-12-2009
basic question on sd.conf and lpc.conf file

Hello Guys,

Do we need to configure this file only if we add SAN disk or even if we add local disk, do we need to modify?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Configuring snmpd.conf and snmptrapd.conf

HI, I want a help for Configuring snmpd.conf and snmptrapd.conf (i.e Configuring SNMP) for receiving TRAPS in my networks. I am using RHEL4.0 OS. Please tell me How I can configure above two files in a proper way and at an advanced level. Especially I am getting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagdish.machhi@
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

smb.conf question

Folks; I know this might sounds stupid, but please help with this: I have share in my smb.conf on my SUSE 10 box. How can i make this share accessible to outside IP range or a specific IP address without need for user/pass? Here's the share as it's written in smb.conf: ; ;comment =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Quick question about resolv.conf

Hey all! I'm working on Solaris10 right now and I was fiddling around with a fresh install and was wondering about the service that uses resolv.conf? I know prior to Sol10 (SMF) it was /etc/init.d/inetsvc stop and start to reload resolv.conf changes but I can't seem to find the correct SMF... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keepcase
5 Replies

4. Solaris

ipf.conf question

OK I am running solaris 10. I made some changes to my ipf.conf file and issued the command: ipf -Fa -f /etc/ipf/ipf.conf to flush out the old and bring in the new changes. When I ran ipfstat -ioh to verify it had brought in the new rule set I saw something I wasn't expecting to see. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NewSolarisAdmin
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

SD.conf and LPFC.conf

What would be Redhat RHEL 4.0 equivalent for Solaris sd.conf and lpfc.conf? What are the files called and where are the files located? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 10 question on syslog.conf file

Hi, I have a question on /etc/syslog.conf file in Solaris 10. Below is a line taken from /etc/syslog.conf file and I know that the last field (operator) is where the logs gets outputted but how do I find out what the output file name format is going to be and which directory it gets outputted... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stevefox
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can i tell which conf file it is using

i have this program running on my solaris and there are two identical config files, i am not sure which one is being used by this program but I am sure it uses one of them. I run lsof -p {pid} but it does not show which config file has been read by this program, what i am doing wrong? thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedora
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Question about nsswitch.conf

Hi, I was told to add the "nis" in front of "files" for below lines in /etc/nsswitch.conf was not in a good practise. I tried to search in google and man page for nsswitch.conf and can't find the answer. could someone please help me? passwd: nis files shadow: nis files group: nis files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beeloo
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to update rsyslog.conf and auditd.conf

Hello all, Newbie here. I'm currently tasked with updating rsyslog.conf and auditd.conf on a large set of servers. I know the exact logging configurations that I want to enable. I have updated both files on on a server and hope to use the updated files as a template for the rest of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mide
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Configure resolv.conf and nsswitch.conf

Hi, I've installed Solaris 11.3(live media) and configured DNS. Everytime I reboot the server, resolv.conf got deleted and it created a new nsswitch.conf. I used below to configure both settings: # svccfg -s dns/client svc:/network/dns/client> setprop config/nameserver = (xx.xx.xx.aa... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: flexihopper18
1 Replies
CCD(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    CCD(4)

NAME
ccd -- Concatenated disk driver SYNOPSIS
pseudo-device ccd [count] DESCRIPTION
The ccd driver provides the capability of combining one or more disks/partitions into one virtual disk. This document assumes that you're familiar with how to generate kernels, how to properly configure disks and pseudo-devices in a kernel con- figuration file, and how to partition disks. Note that the 'raw' partitions of the disks must not be combined. Each component partition should be offset at least one cylinder from the beginning of the component disk. This avoids potential conflicts between the component disk's disklabel and the ccd's disklabel. The kernel will only allow component partitions of type FS_CCD. But for now, it allows partition of all types since some port lacks support of an on- disk BSD disklabel. The partition of FS_UNUSED may be rejected because device driver of component disk will refuse it. In order to compile in support for the ccd, you must add a line similar to the following to your kernel configuration file: pseudo-device ccd 4 # concatenated disk devices The count argument is how many ccds memory is allocated for at boot time. In this example, no more than 4 ccds may be configured. A ccd may be either serially concatenated or interleaved. To serially concatenate the partitions, specify the interleave factor of 0. If a ccd is interleaved correctly, a ``striping'' effect is achieved, which can increase performance. Since the interleave factor is expressed in units of DEV_BSIZE, one must account for sector sizes other than DEV_BSIZE in order to calculate the correct interleave. The kernel will not allow an interleave factor less than the size of the largest component sector divided by DEV_BSIZE. Note that best performance is achieved if all component disks have the same geometry and size. Optimum striping cannot occur with different disk types. Also note that the total size of concatenated disk may vary depending on the interleave factor even if the exact same components are concate- nated. And an old on-disk disklabel may be read after interleave factor change. As a result, the disklabel may contain wrong partition geometry and will cause an error when doing I/O near the end of concatenated disk. There is a run-time utility that is used for configuring ccds. See ccdconfig(8) for more information. WARNINGS
If just one (or more) of the disks in a non-mirrored ccd fails, the entire file system will be lost. FILES
/dev/{,r}ccd* ccd device special files. SEE ALSO
config(1), MAKEDEV(8), ccdconfig(8), fsck(8), mount(8), newfs(8) HISTORY
The concatenated disk driver was originally written at the University of Utah. BSD
March 5, 2004 BSD