Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Could anyone help explain this? Post 302343404 by Neo on Wednesday 12th of August 2009 10:46:32 AM
Old 08-12-2009
Hint: If you read the Tripwire documentation, you should be "good to go"......

Good luck.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

please explain this

zsh 4.3.4% cat file ACFCFACCACARCSHFARCVJVASTVAJFTVAJVGHBAJ zsh 4.3.4% cat file1 A C F R zsh 4.3.4% <file1 while read;do printf "%s=%d\n" "$REPLY" "${#$(<file)//}";done A=9 C=7 F=4 R=2 That was the previous post. But , can anybody can explain me in detail about this line zsh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dummy_needhelp
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please can any one explain this ${0##/}

I did not understand what is ${0##/} PGM=${0##/} TMP=/tmp/${PGM}.$$ Please explain me. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gadege
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

please explain the below

could u please convert the below statement to shell script ---------- logdir=/smp/dyn/logfiles/cpm/pgm/pgIm $logdir = $logdir ."/pgIm${toDate}*"; ---- could u please explain the below clearly grep -i adding $logdir | grep -iv equation | awk '{print \$NF}' | sort -u | sed -e... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
1 Replies

4. AIX

can anyone explain this?

this is the mksys b script.... can anyone explain .. what # and 1 in if condition this is the first line of the script... it is not from middle of the script.... if then echo "Not enough parameters, need a client name for mksysb" Usage="Usage: $0 <client name>" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: honeym210
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please explain this

if then echo "Syntax: $0 <sid> <COLD/HOT> <DEST>" exit fi if --------------what does this mean??? echo "Syntax: $0 <sid> <COLD/HOT> <DEST>"---pls explain this as well (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: appsdba.nitin
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

can any one explain this example

hi all i have an example i want one help me to understand cause i tried to test it but almost fail and i don't know how can i solve this problem " the main idea to read from two files and replace something from one to another " but i don't understand why it fail all time $ cat main.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Explain $# please

I'm trying to follow a script and I see it begins with this: if ; then if ; then print "blah $0 blah blah " exit fi fi What does $# mean? I found out that $1 refers to the shell environment and the last argument that was entered or passed in the previous command. I couldn't find $#... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaindotC
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

anyone can explain this?

why the case 2 will happen ? , ' should stop the history substitution ,shouldn't it? case 1 # echo "123"|sed '/123/!d' 123 case 2 # echo "123 > 456 > 1 > "|sed '/123/!d' -bash: !d': event not found case 3 # echo "123 > 456 > 12 > "|sed '/123/'\!d 123 # bash --version (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: justlooks
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can someone explain this for me?

Can someone do me a favour and explain the following for me: ((r=$RANDOM%$n+1)) I know what $RANDOM does but what is % sign and what does it do with %$n+1? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashily
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How I can explain this?

Hi friends! I'm learning UNIX and I have a small question. Working with Shell, i put the name of one executable (in c language) + one number and it says this: $ gcc misterioso_4.c $ ./misterioso_4 6 got: , I can not find an answer in the manual because I havent applied any variable.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dakota
5 Replies
cal(1)								   User Commands							    cal(1)

NAME
cal - display a calendar SYNOPSIS
cal [ [month] year] DESCRIPTION
The cal utility writes a Gregorian calendar to standard output. If the year operand is specified, a calendar for that year is written. If no operands are specified, a calendar for the current month is written. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: month Specify the month to be displayed, represented as a decimal integer from 1 (January) to 12 (December). The default is the current month. year Specify the year for which the calendar is displayed, represented as a decimal integer from 1 to 9999. The default is the current year. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables that affect the execution of cal: LANG, LC_ALL, LC_CTYPE, LC_TIME, LC_MESSAGES, and NLSPATH. TZ Determine the timezone used to calculate the value of the current month. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
calendar(1), attributes(5), environ(5), standards(5) NOTES
An unusual calendar is printed for September 1752. That is the month 11 days were skipped to make up for lack of leap year adjustments. To see this calendar, type: cal 9 1752 The command cal 83 refers to the year 83, not 1983. The year is always considered to start in January. SunOS 5.11 1 Feb 1995 cal(1)