Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting special characters handling in perl Post 302343392 by namishtiwari on Wednesday 12th of August 2009 10:12:54 AM
Old 08-12-2009
special characters handling in perl

Hi,

Here is my piece of code--

Code:
sub per_user_qna_detail
{
	for($index=0;$index<@records;$index++)
	{
		if($records[$index] =~ m/^(.*)\s*Morocco.*Entering\s*Module::authenticate/)
		{
			printf "INSIDE per_user_qna_detail on LINE NO $index\n";
			$Time_Stamp = $1;
			search_for_username_and_no_of_questions();
			end_block();
		}
	}

}

sub search_for_username_and_no_of_questions
{
	printf "ENTERING INSIDE search_for_username_and_no_of_questions ON LINENO=$index\n";
	for(;$index<@records;$index++)
	{
		#printf "LINENO=$index\n";

if ($records[$index] =~ /userName\s+:\[(..*)\]/)
		{
			$User_Name = $1;
			$User_Name =~ s/\s+//g;
			$User_Name= "'"  .   $User_Name     .  "'";
			print "User_Name = $User_Name\n";
			for(;$index<@records;$index++)
			{
				if ($records[$index] =~ /Set\s+of\s+questions\(bitmap\)\s+selected\s+:\s+(\d+)/)
				{
					print "Inside set of questions bitmap selected\n";
					$Bitmap_Number_For_Questions = $1;
					printf "PRASANNA:$User_Name\n";
					$no_of_questions{$User_Name}=$Bitmap_Number_For_Questions;
					print "$Bitmap_Number_For_Questions is no of questions for $User_Name\n";
					$timestamp{$User_Name}=$Time_Stamp;
					print "$Time_Stamp is time stamp for $User_Name\n";
					printf "EXITING INSIDE search_for_username_and_no_of_questions ON LINENO=$index\n";
					return 0;
				}
			}

}

}
	 printf "EXITING INSIDE search_for_username_and_no_of_questions ON LINENO=$index\n";
}

The code is working fine as expected if a user name is numeric, but if a username contains any special characters then it is failing.

The snippet of the log file is this---

Code:
Entering Module::authenticate

pid 2172 tid 3124: 160: 10110847: userName :[app@abc.com]
pid 2172 tid 3124: 160: 10110847: Set of questions(bitmap) selected : 7

and the other part is ---
Code:
 Step - AUTH IN PROGRESS
pid 2172 tid 3124: 160: 10110851: Auth - Success and Complete, Returning SUCCESS
Wed May 20 08:19:17.594 2009 Morocco Standard Time INFO:    pid 2172 tid 3124: 160: 10110851: Exiting QnAModule::authenticate
ArAuthFrameworkImpl::doPostAuth::1:10110850:: Authentication mechanism returned [0] for AuthIdentity [APP@ABC.COM]

The expected result is like this--
Code:
Fri May 29 18:52:06.967 2009  , 'abc_kal.nt' , 6 ,  "Success" 
Fri May 29 18:52:38.592 2009  , 'nt@abc.com' , 9 ,  "Success" 
Fri May 29 18:58:49.717 2009  , '12345678' , 12 ,  "Success" 
Fri May 29 18:59:34.107 2009  , 'app@abc.com' , 12 , "Failure" 
Fri May 29 19:00:00.936 2009  , '98765432' , 12 , "Failure"

and the final result which is coming is this--
Code:
Fri May 29 18:58:49.717 2009  , '12345678' , 12 ,  "Success" 
Fri May 29 19:00:00.936 2009  , '98765432' , 12 , "Failure"

for this snippet i am not getting the desired result.
I did some googling and tried some options but they are not working for us.
Kindly suggest something to get it working.

Thanks
NT

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Handling Special Charcters

Dear All, I have created a UTF-8 database to store multi-lingual charcters. Below is the query from which i insert from Winsql (front-end third party database browser tool), the data gets inserted properly. insert into a (no, lbl) values (1, "Cliquez ici pour revenir Ã_ la recherche de... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lloydnwo
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

handling special characters

Hello everyone, I use Samba to copy mp3 files to my Red Hat 8.0 box so I can randomize them through a playlist. When I copy: Sigur Rós-Nýja Lagið.mp3 It shows in the mapped drive on Windows as: Sigur Rós-N_ja Lagi_.mp3 And via Putty as: Sigur R(grayed box)s-N_ja Lagi_.mp3 What is going... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: effigy
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl code to search for filenames that contain special characters

Hello, I have a requirement to search a directory, which contains any number of other directories for file names that contain special characters. directory structure DIR__ |__>DIR1 |__>DIR2__ |__>DIR2.1 |__>DIR2.2 |__>DIR3 .. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Handling special characters using awk

Hi all, How do I extract a value without special characters? I need to extract the value of %Used from below and if its greater than 80, need to send a notification. I am doing this right now..Its giving 17%..Is there a way to extract the value and assign it to a variable in one step? df |grep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_78_nyc
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Open filename with special characters in Perl

Hi All, I am facing a weird problem. I have got a directory structure copied from windows to Linux. Some of the folders are named like /gfs/data/Dow Jones $5/ DJ FCBOT_O_tick_1998.zip /gfs/data/Dow Jones $5/ DJ FCBOT_O_tick_2000.CSV /gfs/data/Dow Jones... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mitrashatru
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with awk while handling special charaters

Hi, I have an application.xml file like </dependency> <artifactId>_AdminServicesEAR</artifactId> <version>1.0.0-20080521.085352-1</version> <context-root>oldvalue</context-root> <type>ear</type> <DOCTYPE "abc/xyz/eft"> <NewTag>value123</xyz> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: subin_bala
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove special characters from text using PERL

Hi, I am stuck with a problem here. Suppose i have a variable which is assigned some string containing special charatcers. for eg: $a="abcdef^bbwk#kdbcd@"; I have to remove the special characters using Perl. The text is assigned to the variable implicitly. How to do it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: agarwal
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want the substring of a string with special characters using perl

Hi, I am trying to separate the directory from the filename using the substring and it does not like it. $Complete_name="C:\ABCD\Reports_Split\090308.1630" I want $File_Name as 090308.1630 I tried using Substring function and it does not like slashes in the complete_name. Any... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushma0907
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace special characters in multiple files - perl

I have 100 files, where i want to search a set of strings and make the replacement by other strings In the first case I want to include a parameter in the name of a file LOG_DCT = $ LOG_DIR/DCT_GERAL_"$DATAINI".log replace to : LOG_DCT = $ LOG_DIR / DCT_GERAL_ $ 1_ "$ DATAINI". log I did... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RMSoares
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl regular expression to remove the special characters

I had a string in perl script as below. Tue Augáá7 03:54:12 2012 Now I need to replace the special character with space. After removing the special chaacters Tue Aug 7 03:54:12 2012 Could anyone please help me here for writing the regular expression? Thanks in advance.. Regards, GS (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
1 Replies