Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 2.5.1 and 2.6 OE CD and later HW releases Post 302342980 by Dyna on Tuesday 11th of August 2009 08:08:44 AM
Old 08-11-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbk1972
I remember this problem. You had to install a pre-cd on the to the server before loading 2.5 or 2.6, almost like you were downgrading the server to take the OS release. I remember doing this :-=)

Ive got that CD in my 2.5 wallet at home. HOw does one copy a solaris cd ?? If you tell me how, can I do this via nero ? If so, I will send you a copy.

SBK
Wow Smilie somebody that has it!!!

Yep I remember something similar -- I did a Jumpstart later on to get it going but thats such a long time ago....

You got me there with how to make a copy -- if I was under Solaris I would shut off the vold and do a copy with dd of the top scsi target that way I would get all the partitions of the CD (I assume it looks like a normal boot cd for Solaris).

But you mentioning Nero makes me think you use Windows on your home PC. A bit of googling says Nero will make a copy/clone of a Solaris 7 cd just fine. I assume there is some button for copy CD/DVD under Nero (I don't have Nero my self).

Anyways will paypal any funds needed to make the copies and send them over alternativly if you have some server you can put the ISO on thats super too. I assume you can make the ISO with Nero too Smilie...

Bib big thanks for helping me out..
Cheers Dyna

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Upgrading to maintenance releases

I have several RS/6000 servers running Aix 5.2 maintenance release 1. I determined this by running oslevel -r. I would like to upgrade these servers to the most current release and wanted to know if there is anything besides backups and mksysb's that I should do before hand. I looked at the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chosie
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Discussion of Solaris 10 releases (Updates)

We are running Solaris 10 Update 1 on multiple servers. We have maintained patches on these servers as they were released. A vendor is telling us that their software will not run on our servers unless we are running Solaris 10 Update 3. It's our contention that since we're patched up we have all... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pzxkys
7 Replies

3. Solaris

IPF on Solaris 10 prior 10 8/07 releases

I'm trying to enable IPF ( ip filter ) on solaris 10 release 6/06 Solaris 10 6/06 s10s_u2wos_09a SPARC so i enabled svc:/network/ipfilter:default it was disabled by default and svc:/network/pfil:default was enabled and online there only one config file under etc $/etc/ipf/ipf.conf i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
1 Replies
CD-INFO(1)							   User Commands							CD-INFO(1)

NAME
cd-info - shows Information about a CD or CD-image SYNOPSIS
cd-info [OPTION...] DESCRIPTION
-a, --access-mode=STRING Set CD access method -d, --debug=INT Set debugging to LEVEL -T, --no-tracks Don't show track information -A, --no-analyze Don't show filesystem analysis --no-cddb Don't look up audio CDDB information or print it -P, --cddb-port=INT CDDB port number to use (default 8880) -H, --cddb-http Lookup CDDB via HTTP proxy (default no proxy) --cddb-server=STRING CDDB server to contact for information (default: freedb.freedb.org) --cddb-cache=STRING Location of CDDB cache directory (default ~/.cddbclient) --cddb-email=STRING Email address to give CDDB server (default me@home) --no-cddb-cache Disable caching of CDDB entries locally (default caches) --cddb-timeout=INT CDDB timeout value in seconds (default 10 seconds) --no-device-info Don't show device info, just CD info --no-disc-mode Don't show disc-mode info --dvd Attempt to give DVD information if a DVD is found. -v, --no-vcd Don't look up Video CD information - for this build, this is always set -I, --no-ioctl Don't show ioctl() information -b, --bin-file[=FILE] set "bin" CD-ROM disk image file as source -c, --cue-file[=FILE] set "cue" CD-ROM disk image file as source -N, --nrg-file[=FILE] set Nero CD-ROM disk image file as source -t, --toc-file[=FILE] set cdrdao CD-ROM disk image file as source -i, --input[=FILE] set source and determine if "bin" image or device --iso9660 print directory contents of any ISO-9660 filesystems -C, --cdrom-device[=DEVICE] set CD-ROM device as source -l, --list-drives Give a list of CD-drives --no-header Don't display header and copyright (for regression testing) --no-joliet Don't use Joliet extensions --no-rock-ridge Don't use Rock-Ridge-extension information --no-xa Don't use XA-extension information -q, --quiet Don't produce warning output -V, --version display version and copyright information and exit Help options: -?, --help Show this help message --usage Display brief usage message AUTHOR
Rocky Bernstein rocky@gnu.org, based on the cdinfo program by Gerd Knorr <kraxel@bytesex.org> and Heiko Eissfeldt <heiko@hexco.de> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2005, 2007-2008, 2011-2013 R. Bernstein This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Have driver: GNU/Linux ioctl and MMC driver Have driver: cdrdao (TOC) disk image driver Have driver: bin/cuesheet disk image driver Have driver: Nero NRG disk image driver Default CD-ROM device: /dev/sr0 SEE ALSO
cd-drive(1) for CD-ROM characteristics; iso-info(1) for information about an ISO-9660 image. cd-info December 2013 CD-INFO(1)