Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Tune my query
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Tune my query Post 302342880 by Franklin52 on Tuesday 11th of August 2009 02:49:55 AM
Old 08-11-2009
Try this one:

Code:
awk '{for(i=2;i<NF;i+=2){if($i ~ /\*/){print int($i), $(i-1)}}}' file

Regards

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tune my logic of script

I have big log file, which contains the netstat output from my application server to a particular DB server. I aim is to plot a daily graph for this. Please find the sample log file below. @ - ........................................................... @ - Total number of connection to the ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthilkumar_ak
3 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

How to fine Tune and Harden the Linux kernel

Hi, As a a security audit, how can I proceed further with Fine tuning and Hardening the linux kernel... I am not sure with the steps how to proceed further... If i do some thing wrong, then its comes with the Kernel panic error. So, I am afraid, how to do the tuning with the kernel.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gsiva
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Please tune my script for Solaris

I have very big log file around 2-3 GB in that it contians 24 hours log data. My work is extract only 5-5 data and count the patterns from them. I worte a script in linux and we're using that. sed -n "/2009 05:/,/2009 17:/p" trace.log | grep -f patterns.txt > temp.log while read string ;do... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthil.ak
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need tune my command occupying 90% CPU

Can some body tune the below command, its occupyinh more than 90% of CPU some times. tail -n 1000 /logs/trace.log | awk 'BEGIN{OOM = 0; ScE = 0; NaE = 0; Jms = 0} /OutOfMemoryException/{OOM = 1} /StaleConnectionException/{ScE = 1} /NamingException/{NaE = 1} /JmsTimeOutException/{Jms = 1}... (17 Replies)
17 Replies

5. Programming

SQL : Fine tune Insert by query

i would like to know how can i fine tune the following query since the cost of the query is too high .. insert into temp temp_1 select a,b,c,d from xxxx .. database used is IDS.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: expert
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fine Tune - Huge files/directory - Purging

Hi Expert's, I need your assitance in tunning one script. I have a mount point where almost 4848008 files and 864739 directories are present. The script search for specific pattern files and specfic period then delete them to free up space. The script is designed to run daily and its taking around... (19 Replies)
19 Replies

7. HP-UX

Top cmd showing NICE value 97% -what to tune?

Running 2 VM Guests on an HPUX Integrity Server. One Guest runs great, the other is always at a high NICE value and 0% idle as shown in TOP: What do you think should be tuned to bring down the NICE and increase IDLE %? Thanks in advance -hpuxadmin slow VM GUEST Load averages: 2.56,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hpuxadmin
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tune my script

Hi ! My script read out data out of 144 files per day - every ten minutes a file with data. data-file WR030B 306.71 0 WR050B 315.13 0 WR120B 308.34 0 WV030B 3.52 0 WV050B 5.06 0 WV120B 6.65 0 TLUFT02B 8.60... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPe
3 Replies
pamdeinterlace(1)                                             General Commands Manual                                            pamdeinterlace(1)

NAME
pamdeinterlace - remove ever other row from a PAM/PNM image SYNOPSIS
pamdeinterlace [-takeodd] [-takeeven] N [infile] You can use the minimum unique abbreviation of the options. You can use two hyphens instead of one. You can separate an option name from its value with white space instead of an equals sign. DESCRIPTION
pamdeinterlace Removes all the even-numbered or odd-numbered rows from the input PNM or PAM image. Specify which with the -takeeven and -takeodd options. This can be useful if the image is a video capture from an interlaced video source. In that case, each row shows the subject 1/60 second before or after the two rows that surround it. If the subject is moving, this can detract from the quality of the image. Because the resulting image is half the height of the input image, you will then want to use pamstretch or pnmscale to restore it to its normal height: pamdeinterlace myimage.ppm | pamstretch -yscale=2 >newimage.ppm OPTIONS
-takeodd Take the odd-numbered rows from the input and put them in the output. The rows are numbered starting at zero, so the first row in the output is the second row from the input. You cannot specify both -takeeven and -takeodd. -takeeven Take the even-numbered rows from the input and put them in the output. The rows are numbered starting at zero, so the first row in the output is the first row from the input. This is the default. You cannot specify both -takeeven and -takeodd. SEE ALSO
pamstretch(1), pnmscale(1) AUTHOR
put by Bryan Henderson in the public domain in 2001 11 November 2001 pamdeinterlace(1)