Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Summarize the sed script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Summarize the sed script Post 302342831 by summer_cherry on Monday 10th of August 2009 11:49:30 PM
Old 08-11-2009
Code:
perl -ne  '{s/^0*(?!235)/235/;s/[- ]//g;print;}'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Script may be using SED

Hello Everybody, I have a directory in Unix(AIX) called DATA where every month I get some data copied like the following:i.e in /DATA i have the following ENCTR01.TXT DISCH01.TXT DIAG01.TXT and many more rows like this..... I want to remove the '01' from these lines and make them... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thumsup9
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort and summarize

Hi Guys, I have a file in UNIX with duplicates, I have use sort command as below to delete duplicates based on the KEY positions/columns but now I do not want to "delete" duplicates but summarize by KEY numeric columns. REALLY NEED HELP... URGENT!!! Thanks in advance. sort -k 1.1,1.92... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shotronix
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed script

I am beginner for Unix. I practicing unix shell script. I worked out some sed script example from internet. Everything fine. But in real unix environment, where sed script is mainly used.? Can anyone give some examples for the usage of sed script in real unix environment. It will be useful for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gwgreen1
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

1. search 2nd pattern after a pattern and summarize stats

I have two questions. I am sure one of the Guru will be able to help either one or both. 1. Find 2nd occurance of pattern= "Bind variable after pattern="ABN USER Admin" ...... ABN USER Admin <--- I know this string ..... Bind variable ... .. Bind variable <-- Want to print this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ran123
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using SED/AWK to Summarize Log File in 10min Intervals

I have this huge log file on my linux box that gets generated every day. I'm able to extract the information I need; however I really would like it to be broken down every 10mins. Log File Snippet 01:23:45 MARYHADA Maryhadalittle.lamb(): fleece as white as snow 1394 for and everywhere that... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravzter
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Summarize file with column matching

Guys, Please help me with this code. I have 2GB file to process and shell seems to be the best option. I am a biologist and though I can think of the logic, the commands are beyond me. Any help is greatly appreciated. Please look at the attched file and the requirement will be very clear. I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie83
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Summarize the values from files

One of my process will create a file Market.txt with data like below. Count Markt file 334936 /pdm/data001/P3_Quest_5HT_AMERGE.csv 2770787 /pdm/data001/P3_Quest_ARB_ATACAND.csv 1198143 /pdm/data001/P3_Quest_Bisp_ACTONEL.csv 3821864 /pdm/data001/P3_Quest_CONTRA_ALL_OTHER_CONTRA.csv... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: katakamvivek
7 Replies

8. Programming

Can someone summarize what exactly this perticular code is doing

#include<stdio.h> #include<string.h> int main() { char a={0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9}; printf("\n--%s-- unable to access values",a); printf("\n--%d %d-- able to access through direct acess",a,a); printf("\n--%d-- but the failing to read the size\n",strlen(a)); return 0; } (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hk108
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash cript to calculate summarize address

Hi, I need to write a bash script that when i enter two ip address, it will calculate summerize address for them. Examlpe: 192.168.1.27/25 192.168.1.129/25 Result will be: 192.168.1.0/24 can you help me with this script? I even dont know how to start with it (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Miron
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk to Summarize Log File in 5min Intervals

I have huge log file that taken every minute and I need the total at 5min intervals. Sample log: #timestamp(yyyymmddhhmm);result;transaction 201703280000;120;6 201703280001;120;3 201703280002;105;3 201703280003;105;5 201703280004;105;5 201703280005;105;4 201703280006;120;2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wwolfking
2 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD