Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Segmentation fault on basic linux commands Post 302342746 by inhaki on Monday 10th of August 2009 03:46:36 PM
Old 08-10-2009
For me it is not a link:
there you have it.

ls -ld /bin
drwxr-xr-x 2 user dba 4096 Aug 7 16:03 /bin

One more thing I tried to update grep package again, and I couldn't.
It says grep is already installed, (I know that) and then tried

rpm -Uf grep-2.5.1-32.2.i386.rpm
and it's the same. I was able to update the package using the line above,
but now I can't.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Segmentation Fault

hello all, I tried a program on an array to intialise array elements from the standard input device.it is an integer array of 5 elements.but after entering the 4th element it throws a message called "Segmentation Fault" and returns to the command prompt without asking for the 5th element. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: compbug
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Segmentation Fault

Hi, While comparing primary key data of two tables thr bteq script I am getting this Error. This script is a shell script. *** Error: The following error was encountered on the output file. Script.sh: 3043492 Segmentation fault(coredump) Please let me know how to get through it. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: monika
5 Replies

3. Programming

Segmentation fault.

I'm getting a segmentation fault. I'm new to Linux programming. Thanks so much for all of your input.:eek: #include </usr/include/mysql++/mysql++.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <iostream> #include <sstream> #include <string.h> using namespace std; int outputToImport(const char*... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sepoto
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Segmentation fault

#include<stdio.h> #include<malloc.h> #include<unistd.h> #include<stdlib.h> void *start_1(void *argv) { printf("thread 0x%x\n",(unsigned int)pthread_self()); pthread_exit((void*)1); } void *start_2(void *argv) { printf("thread 0x%x\n",(unsigned int)pthread_self()); return (void*)2; }... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vincent__tse
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Segmentation fault in Unix shell (linux OS)

Hi, I am trying to run an online downloaded tool but I am having an eror segmentation fault. ./multicoil test.seq Config file /home/kmohanas/MULTICOIL/multicoil_config window length 0 = 28 window length 1 = 28 multi_lib = 3 4 5 multi_lib = 2 3 4 pair_lib = 1 2 4 printfile =... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaav06
6 Replies

6. Programming

Using gdb, ignore beginning segmentation fault until reproduce environment segmentation fault

I use a binary name (ie polo) it gets some parameter , so for debugging normally i do this : i wrote script for watchdog my app (polo) and check every second if it's not running then start it , the problem is , if my app , remain in state of segmentation fault for a while (ie 15 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pooyair
6 Replies

7. Debian

Linux, Debian - Segmentation Fault problem.

Hi guys, first of all apologize for my English... I have a big problem with "Segmentation fault", when running my game server. Console: (gdb) bt full #0 0x0000000000000000 in ?? () No symbol table info available. #1 0x00007ffff702aca4 in std::basic_ostream<char,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arson.
1 Replies

8. Programming

C. To segmentation fault or not to segmentation fault, that is the question.

Oddities with gcc, 2.95.3 for the AMIGA and 4.2.1 for MY current OSX 10.14.1... I am creating a basic calculator for the AMIGA ADE *NIX emulator in C as it does not have one. Below are two very condensed snippets of which I have added the results inside the each code section. IMPORTANT!... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
11 Replies
Pod::WSDL::Fault(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Pod::WSDL::Fault(3pm)

NAME
Pod::WSDL::Fault - Represents the WSDL pod describing the fault of a method (internal use only) SYNOPSIS
use Pod::WSDL::Fault; my $fault = new Pod::WSDL::Fault('_FAULT My::Fault This happens if something happens'); DESCRIPTION
This module is used internally by Pod::WSDL. It is unlikely that you have to interact directly with it. If that is the case, take a look at the code, it is rather simple. METHODS
new Instantiates a new Pod::WSDL::Fault. The method needs one parameter, the fault string from the pod. Please see SYNOPSIS or the section "Pod Syntax" in the description of Pod::WSDL. EXTERNAL DEPENDENCIES
[none] EXAMPLES
see Pod::WSDL BUGS
see Pod::WSDL TODO
see Pod::WSDL SEE ALSO
Pod::WSDL :-) AUTHOR
Tarek Ahmed, <bloerch -the character every email address contains- oelbsk.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2006 by Tarek Ahmed This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.5 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.10.1 2010-12-18 Pod::WSDL::Fault(3pm)