Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Negate alerting for particular metadevice. Post 302342629 by reddybs on Monday 10th of August 2009 10:41:52 AM
Old 08-10-2009
Negate alerting for particular metadevice.

Hi All...
I have a script that checks for any problems(particularly looks for 'Needs Maintenance') with metadevices and alerts accordingly. This was not configured to alert for a particular metadevice. Now i want to negate alerting for a particular metadevice(say d40). Is this possible? I am currently going with an alternative - trying to remove all the lines between two strings which contains info about d40 from the metastat output using sed. It works fine. But is there any way to negate the output of metastat command for a particular metadevice? Please suggest me an alternative if any????

My Script:
1. Get the metastat output and redirect it to a temp file
2. Grep for string 'Needs Maintenance' in the temp file and alert.
So that we can check that there is some problem underlying beneath some metadevice.

Now i have included a code to remove all lines for d41 and d42 so that script skips these lines.
Code:
metastat -s $DSN|sed '/dsn\/d41: Mirror/,/dsn\/d43: Submirror of dsn\/d41/d' >$TMPFILE

DSN is diskset name. d41 is mirror. d42 and d43 are sub-mirrors in which d42 has gone bad.
Then applying step 2.

It would be clear if you see the metastat output in your Solaris box. Hope you know the difficulty in explaining things in the post!!!!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do I negate a sed match

I have a text file that has links in it. I can write a match for sed to replace the link with anything. For example: http://www.google.com becomes XxX But what I'm after is not to replace the link with something but to remove everything else and just leave the link. I want a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: muxman
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

negate search help

Hi, I've tried a lot of negate codes in this forum, but they do not perform what I intended. Please help. inputfile: Paragraph1 contents: die1, die2, die3, pr_name1, pr_name2 pr_name3, pr_name4 Paragraph2 more contents: die1, die2, die3, pr_name1, pr_name2 pr_name3, pr_name4 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamushamu
5 Replies

3. HP-UX

HPUX monitoring and alerting script per CPU

Hi Guys, Hopefully someone would be able to help me out. Basically I have an HPUX 11.11i system which is backed up by Data Protector 4.5. Every so often the vdba process hangs and chews up 100% of one of the systems CPU resources. As our monitoring tool can only monitor on a per system basis... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fulhamfcboy
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep Alerting - command or script assistance

Hello! I need some help with grep from various logs we use for monitoring transactions. The logs contain the following information (which is consistent in all of the files): 12:28:33.157 EWY D 1 (tcpip.c:282): tcpip.c: Unable to connect to x.x.x.x on port xxxx. (79) Connection refused ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sbchecko
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Code for alerting admin regarding process

Hello everyone. I want code for 1.reporting an alert to admin if a particular user tries to initiate more than 5 processes in the interval of 5 mins. 2. Reporting an alert if a user runs one particular process for more than 5 minutes. Both should be reported in a log file with machine... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: safijunaid
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to negate pattern within sed?

Example: I have data like, H|1|2|#||4|4|5|6 D|f|g|h|j|j|k|k| D|f|g|h|j|j|k|k| D|f|g|h|j|j|k|k| D|f|g|h|j|j|k|k| D|f|g|h|j|j|k|k| T|g|g|G|G|g|g| T|g|g|G|G|g|g| I have to write command, it should delete all the lines except line starting with "D". I have tried sed '/^\(D\)|/!d'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: duplicate
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the negate of decimal to binary?

Hi All, New to this forum (and yes , a newbie in programming..:p) I have a decimal to binary converter script done this way : i=$1 bit0=$(( (i & 0x01) > 0 )) bit1=$(( (i & 0x02) > 0 )) bit2=$(( (i & 0x04) > 0 )) bit3=$(( (i & 0x08) > 0 )) bit4=$((... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: digiteltlc
6 Replies

8. AIX

Rlogin alerting

// AIX 6.1 lsuser root returns the attributes. # lsuser root root id=0 pgrp=system groups=system,bin,sys,security,cron,audit,lp,dba,mqm,patrol home=/ shell=/usr/bin/ksh auditclasses=general log in=true su=true rlogin=false daemon=true admin=true sugroups=ALL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
2 Replies
metasync(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      metasync(1M)

NAME
metasync - handle metadevice resync during reboot SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/metasync -h /usr/sbin/metasync [-s setname] [buffer_size] metadevice /usr/sbin/metasync [-s setname] -r [buffer_size] /usr/sbin/metasync -p metadevice DESCRIPTION
The metasync command starts a resync operation on the specified metadevice. All components that need to be resynced are resynced. If the system crashes during a RAID5 initialization, or during a RAID5 resync, either an initialization or resync restarts when the system reboots. Applications are free to access a metadevice at the same time that it is being resynced by metasync. Also, metasync performs the copy oper- ations from inside the kernel, which makes the utility more efficient. Use the -r option in boot scripts to resync all possible submirrors. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -h Displays usage message. -p metadevice Regenerates parity information for RAID5 metadevices. -s setname Specifies the name of the diskset on which metasync will work. Using the -s option will cause the command to perform its administrative function within the specified diskset. Without this option, the command will perform its function on local metadevices. -r Specifies that the metasync command handle special resync requirements during a system reboot. metasync -r should only be invoked from the svc:/system/mdmonitor service. The metasync command only resyncs those metadevices that need to be resynced. metasync schedules all the mirror resyncs according to their pass numbers. To override the default buffer_size value used by the svc:/system/mdmonitor service, you can edit /etc/system to specify: set md_mirror:md_resync_bufsz = 2048 so that resyncs occur as quickly as possible. OPERANDS
buffer_size Specifies the size (number of 512-byte disk blocks) of the internal copy buffer for the mirror resync. The size defaults to 128 512-byte disk blocks (64 Kbytes). It can be no more than 2048 blocks. For best performance (quick- est completion of the resync), 2048 blocks is the recommended size. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWmdu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mdmonitord(1M), metaclear(1M), metadb(1M), metadetach(1M), metahs(1M), metainit(1M), metaoffline(1M), metaonline(1M), metaparam(1M), metarecover(1M), metarename(1M), metareplace(1M), metaroot(1M), metaset(1M), metassist(1M), metastat(1M), metattach(1M), md.tab(4), md.cf(4), mddb.cf(4), md.tab(4), attributes(5), md(7D) Solaris Volume Manager Administration Guide NOTES
The metasync service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/system/mdmonitor Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). The ser- vice's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. SunOS 5.10 24 Nov 2004 metasync(1M)