Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Help installing a Unix operating system on a mac Post 302342351 by Socrates1212 on Sunday 9th of August 2009 04:40:02 AM
Old 08-09-2009
I don't know what I am doing. How do I not do that??

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Operating System

I need the Unix operating system on disc as im new to unix. Im studying unix and x windows next year at Sheffield University and would like to get a head start. Any suggestions would be appreciated (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffersno1
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix operating system

hi I am trying to install solaris 8 on intel machine(intel300 mhz,32 mg ram,3.2 hd,24x cd-rom). hardware scaning is ok. Then it ask to enter choice for interactive installation #1 for web #2. After i enter chice system reboot agian and it takes to same screne. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neer45
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between UNIX operating system and Unix Open Server

Hi, I recently joined this forum and new to UNIX. Is there any difference between UNIX operating system and UNIX open server? Please explain. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Manjit
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Solaris Operating System.

hello there ! I have a question about Sun O.S. if i will buy the Solaris Media Kit for Solaris 8 O.S , it will include Solaris server ? I want practise for System Administration, would i be able to do that with Solaris O.S ? I have windows me installed on my computer, if i will install... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abidmalik
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Operating System

Hello Everyone, I'm new to this forum and Unix. I have a couple of questions and please, excuse my ignorance. I have a spare machine which is now running MS Windows 98 and I would like to format the disk and install the Unix operating system along with Oracle 8i and SQL Server. My... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: IronBear
13 Replies

6. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Mac OS X - Tiger - Meet the world’s most advanced operating system.

Tiger Unleased Advanced UNIX-Based Technology (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Operating System

Can anyone give me info on networking features of the Unix Operating System please. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: WaveZero
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Operating System?

Hey all, I currently use FreeBSD and linux and have decided I want to use a proper Unix distrobution. Which Unix distro would you members recommend. The only requirments that I have is that I can use some pogramming utilities available. I don't mind the install process. One more thing, I know some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: -zorin
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing Windows over UNIX operating system

Hello All I don't know much about UNIX operating system and in need of help. I am trying to install Windows Operating System on a desktop that already has UNIX. When you start the system it immediately takes me to a GRUB prompt. I tried putting in the installation disk before starting the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockbold
4 Replies
gitmount(1)						      General Commands Manual						       gitmount(1)

NAME
gitmount - GNU Interactive Tools - auto-mount script SYNTAX
gitmount device DESCRIPTION
gitmount is a script which allows you to mount any block device without specifying the file system type. You may now insert the floppy in the drive and type ' gitmount fd0' and the first floppy will be mounted in the directory /mnt/fd0. On Linux just press F11 or F12. You don't need to know the file system type anymore. The directories /mnt/fd0 and /mnt/fd1 are created if they don't exist. BUGS
Please send bug reports to: gnuit-dev@gnu.org SEE ALSO
gitfm(1) gitps(1) gitview(1) gitkeys(1) gitaction(1) gitrgrep(1) gitunpack(1) AUTHORS
Tudor Hulubei <tudor@cs.unh.edu> Andrei Pitis <pink@pub.ro> Ian Beckwith <ianb@erislabs.net> (Current maintainer) gitmount(1)