Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: vim in solaris 10
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications vim in solaris 10 Post 302342347 by bangbong on Sunday 9th of August 2009 03:22:02 AM
Old 08-09-2009
vim in solaris 10

Hi

I tried to install vim7.2 in solaris 10 x86 , installation completed but not able to get vim to be use.

dependency binary: gtk+ , glib & ncurses
install dependency binary package and then install vim7.2.
#pkgadd -d vim-7.2-sol10-x86-local

$ pkginfo SMCvim
application SMCvim vim

$ vim test
-bash: vim: command not found

Kindly advice

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Vim 7.0

I want to install VIM 7.0 from sunfreeware.com onto a server. The security guys are giving me a hard time because they found this security vulnerability. http://xforce.iss.net/xforce/xfdb/6259 This vulnerability came out in 2001, and it looks like it was mostly for linux, but I cant be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need some help with vim

I use vim for writing code. I was using nano but found that vim is a much advanced editor. I am trying to achieve something like this: When trying a loop or a function, I generally type: function name() {} Now when I take my cursor one position to the left and press the return key, it give... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Legend986
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

About Vim

Hello, what is the maximum size of a file that we can open using vim. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagalenoj
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 in vmware : vim hangs

Hello, I downloaded the vmware image of Solaris 10 Update 3 from the Sun site. I have a problem with vim when I edit a file while being connected through SSH to my vm: When I try to edit whatever file with vim, it freezes just after I've hit enter. vim works correctly when I run it in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tex-Twil
1 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Help with Vim

How do I use compilers and syntax highlighting in (g)Vim? Specifically, I need a Common Lisp compiler and a C++ compiler. Thanks in advance! (Note: Disregard my other topic.) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: led3234
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

vim

Does anyone know the fast way to go to tab/2 distance in vim. I mean set four spaces. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mirusnet
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris, vi (not vim), key bindings

hi, i am facing a problem that (i think) many people had before. under linux i use vim and therefor i am used to be able to use the cursor, delete and backspace keys in edit mode. that's not the case in the classic vi, e.g. under solaris. when hitting these keys, uninteded char sequences are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alex.blackbit
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Very Importan - Vim Settings - Error while opening a File using vim

I downloaded vim.7.2 and compiled the vim source . Added the vim binary path to PATH (Because iam not the root of the box) when i load the file using vim it throws me an error Error detected while processing /home2/e3003091/.vimrc: line 2: E185: Cannot find color scheme darkblue line... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: girija
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris +vi (not vim) not using xterm termcap entry

Well, apparently anyway. I have a Solaris 10/08 install using vi (not vim) and when I use vi to edit a file or go into cron, the screen goes into 25/80 mode and I have to send a reset or hard reset to get it back to my screen size (190x72 in this case). vi should be using the TERM environment... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: BOFH
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Vim :f

Can someone please tell me what this does? :f word I thought that was the way to save files with a different name but after a quick google search I saw it was like this. :w filename (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
4 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)