Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting FNG Question: Test if remote server has booted Post 302342275 by amitranjansahu on Saturday 8th of August 2009 11:04:08 AM
Old 08-08-2009
I used the bellow to check the remote server is up and accepting remote login ( here i checked if telnet port is open or not.

Code:
MACHINE=8.8.3.200 # Change to what ever you need
exec 3>/dev/tcp/${MACHINE}/23
if [ $? -eq 0 ]
then
    echo "Server is up Telnet accepting connections"
else
    echo "Telnet connections not possible"
fi

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsh: test $? on remote system.

Hi, a little help. I need to test the return code of a list file command on a remote system (Unix) using the rsh command. More exactly, to test is a directory exists, I try the following command: rsh $remoteHost "ls -la " $DirRemote Now, if the $DirRemote is not correct and I test... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio123bg
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

execute a script on test server from dev server

I need to execute a script from dev server which is located on Test server.I can use ftp to connect to dev server and from there how can i execute a command on test server. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ukatru
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

preserving the timestamp of a file when copied from remote server to local server using ftp

Hi, I need to copy few files from remote server to local server. I write a shell script to connect to the remote server using ftp and go to that path. Now i need to copy those files in the remote directory to my local server with the timestamp of all those files shouldnt be changed. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumarmc
5 Replies

4. Programming

SFTP from one remote server to another remote server from desktop

Hi, I have 1. lappy 2. server A 3. server B Now, what i need is to run a command from lappy that will sftp a file from server A to server B. Please guide me to achieve this. -akash (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akash.mahakode
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Append the output of a script running in remote server to a file in local server?

Hi guys, So i am in server1 and i have to login to server 2, 3,4 and run some script there(logging script) and output its result. What i am doing is running the script in server2 and outputting it to a file in server 2 and then Scp'ing the file to server1. Similarly i am doing this for other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test if Remote server is up and running before SFTP'ing files (in batch mode)

Hello, In our Data Warehouse environment, before our batch SFTP jobs kick off to pull the files from remote servers, I would like to setup a pre-sftp job that would test if all the remote servers from where the files are being pulled, are up and running. If any one of the remote serer is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dippu
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sudo connect to a remote server and execute scripts in remote server

Hello Every one!! I am trying to write a shell script which will connect to a remote server and execute scripts which are at a certain path in the remote server. Before this I am using a sudo command to change the user. The place where I am stuck is, I am able to connect to the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: masubram
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to test if remote dir exist?

Hello, :) I'm trying to test if a remote directory exist per ssh, I have already made a ssh key and it works : #!/bin/bash HOST="10.10.1.22" FILE_PATH="/var/wwww/html" ssh -q $HOST ] && echo "Directory exists" || echo "Directory does not exist"; Output : ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arnaudh78
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script connect to remote server, not find files and exit only from remote server, but not from scrip

I have a script, which connecting to remote server and first checks, if the files are there by timestamp. If not I want the script exit without error. Below is a code TARFILE=${NAME}.tar TARGZFILE=${NAME}.tar.gz ssh ${DESTSERVNAME} 'cd /export/home/iciprod/download/let/monthly;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
3 Replies
telnetd(8c)															       telnetd(8c)

Name
       telnetd - DARPA TELNET protocol server

Syntax
       /etc/telnetd

Description
       The  server  supports the DARPA standard TELNET virtual terminal protocol.  The TELNET server is invoked when receives a connection request
       on the port indicated in the TELNET service description.

The server operates by allocating a pseudo-terminal device for a client, then creating a login process which has  the  slave  side  of  the
       pseudo-terminal	as stdin, stdout, and stderr.  The server manipulates the master side of the pseudo terminal, implementing the TELNET pro-
       tocol and passing characters between the client and login process.

When a TELNET session is started up, sends a TELNET option to the client side indicating a willingness to do remote echo of characters,	to
       suppress  go  ahead, and to receive terminal type information from the remote client.  If the remote client is willing, the remote terminal
       type is propagated in the environment of the created login process.  The pseudo terminal allocated to the client is configured  to  operate
       in cooked mode and with XTABS and CRMOD enabled.

Aside  from  this  initial  setup, the only mode changes will carry out are those required for echoing characters at the client side of the
       connection.

The server supports binary mode, suppress go ahead, echo, and timing mark.  It also allows a remote client to do binary, terminal type, and
       suppress go ahead.

Restrictions
       Some TELNET commands are only partially implemented.

The TELNET protocol allows the exchange of the number of lines and columns on the user's terminal, but does not make use of them.

The terminal type name received from the remote client is converted to lower case.

The server never sends TELNET go ahead commands.

See Also
       telnet(1c), pty(4), tty(4), services(5), inetd(8c)

telnetd(8c)