Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Rewrite rules to change “link.html?hl=es” to “/es/link.html” etc? Post 302342143 by Neo on Friday 7th of August 2009 01:14:20 PM
Old 08-07-2009
OK, we solved this problem a few days ago. Too simple, LOL.

Code:
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule  ^(.*)\?hl=ja https://www.unix.com/ja/$1 [L,R=301]

And generically:

Code:
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^(.*).html\?hl=(.*)$ https://www.unix.com/$2/$1.html [L,R=301]

And the other way

Code:
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^ja/(.*)$ http://www.site.com/$1?hl=ja [L,R=301]

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Web Development

html link to images in /tmp directory

Because of permission issues, I need to link to images in my web page which are stored in /tmp which of course is located in the root directory but my actual html page is much further down in another directory. I thought the the following code should work, but the image comes up as a broken link:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Solerous
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I execute a shell script from an html link?

I want to execute a shell script when clicking on an html link. I want the output of the script to be shown on the webpage. Whats the best way to achieve this? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: streetfighter2
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script which uses “kill -9” command

i have one script which uses “kill -9” command. That prevents from getting the process core dumps. Apparently once tomcat lands in a confused state, we seem to have no other option, other than Kill -9. is there any other way to get rid of this. Script: sleep 2 PID=`ps -ef | grep "^tomcat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amrutayan09
3 Replies

4. Web Development

Symbolic link - HTML page listed not executed

I've used a symbolic link to point a folder to a file (e.g., ln -s symlink catalog/vendor/file.html). Then when I enter my url with the symbolic link in a browser (e.g., wwwdomaincom/symlink) the web server lists the page as text rather than displaying the page (i.e., executing the html). I use a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dlooke
1 Replies

5. Programming

g++ fails to link to static library when compilation and link in single command

Hello All, I've encountered a strange behaviour from g++ that doesn't make sense to me. Maybe you can shed some light on it: I have a bunch of source files and want to compile them and link them with a static library liba.a located in /usr/local/lib64 into an executable Approach 1 works... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magelord
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

feasibility of opening a website link from unix and get a response in the form of xml or html

i just wanted to know whether is it possible to open a website link and get a response in the form of xml or html format... the website is of local network... for example something like this wget http://blahblah.samplesite.com/blachblahcblach/User/jsp/ShowPerson.jsp?empid=123456 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

7. Solaris

/var/adm/messages (interface turned off/restored) and link up & link down message.

Hi All I am facing an issue with our new solaris machine. in /var/adm/messages root@Prod-App1:/var/tmp# root@Prod-App1:/var/tmp# root@Prod-App1:/var/tmp# cat /var/adm//messages Apr 20 03:10:01 Prod-App1 syslogd: line 25: WARNING: loghost could not be resolved Apr 20 08:24:18 Prod-App1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: javeedkaleem
0 Replies

8. Solaris

/var/adm/messages (insterface turned off/restored) and link up & link down message.

Hi All I am facing an issue with our new solaris machine. in /var/adm/messages Apr 22 16:43:05 Prod-App1 in.routed: interface net0 to 172.16.101.1 turned off Apr 22 16:43:33 Prod-App1 mac: NOTICE: nxge0 link up, 1000 Mbps, full duplex Apr 22 16:43:34 Prod-App1 mac: NOTICE: nxge0 link... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: javeedkaleem
2 Replies
bup-margin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-margin(1)

NAME
bup-margin - figure out your deduplication safety margin SYNOPSIS
bup margin [options...] DESCRIPTION
bup margin iterates through all objects in your bup repository, calculating the largest number of prefix bits shared between any two entries. This number, n, identifies the longest subset of SHA-1 you could use and still encounter a collision between your object ids. For example, one system that was tested had a collection of 11 million objects (70 GB), and bup margin returned 45. That means a 46-bit hash would be sufficient to avoid all collisions among that set of objects; each object in that repository could be uniquely identified by its first 46 bits. The number of bits needed seems to increase by about 1 or 2 for every doubling of the number of objects. Since SHA-1 hashes have 160 bits, that leaves 115 bits of margin. Of course, because SHA-1 hashes are essentially random, it's theoretically possible to use many more bits with far fewer objects. If you're paranoid about the possibility of SHA-1 collisions, you can monitor your repository by running bup margin occasionally to see if you're getting dangerously close to 160 bits. OPTIONS
--predict Guess the offset into each index file where a particular object will appear, and report the maximum deviation of the correct answer from the guess. This is potentially useful for tuning an interpolation search algorithm. --ignore-midx don't use .midx files, use only .idx files. This is only really useful when used with --predict. EXAMPLE
$ bup margin Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 40 40 matching prefix bits 1.94 bits per doubling 120 bits (61.86 doublings) remaining 4.19338e+18 times larger is possible Everyone on earth could have 625878182 data sets like yours, all in one repository, and we would expect 1 object collision. $ bup margin --predict PackIdxList: using 1 index. Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 915 of 1612581 (0.057%) SEE ALSO
bup-midx(1), bup-save(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-margin(1)