Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting bash script to get all mounted devices Post 302342097 by m0z4rt on Friday 7th of August 2009 11:23:06 AM
Old 08-07-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterro
A bit different then..

Code:
#!/bin/bash
count=0
for device in `gksudo 'fdisk -l' | sed -n '/^[/]/p' | awk '{print $1}'`
do
  count=$((count+1))
  dev[$count]=$device
done

echo ${dev[7]}
echo $count

The last two echo's are just to show output.
Thanks, that is good point of start for me.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

disableing my USB devices using a script

hi guys I would like to disable my USB devices using a shell script(Linux machine) i.e(hoteplug,kernelpcmciacs,pcmciacs) Kindly suggest me at the earliest Thnks in advance regards ash (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: whizkidash
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passthrough devices vs. named devices

I am having trouble understanding the difference between a passthrough device and a named device and when you would use one or the other to access equipment. As an example, we have a tape library and giving the command "camcontrol devlist" gives the following output: akx# camcontrol... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thumper
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to display partition name on mounted on using this script

Hi All Guys.... root> df -k|grep /u0 /dev/vx/dsk/oradg/u02vol 12582912 8717924 3744252 70% /u02 /dev/vx/dsk/oradg/u01vol 8796160 5563610 3131556 64% /u01 /dev/vx/dsk/oradg/u04vol 10035200 1247888 8519534 13% /u04 /dev/vx/dsk/oradg/u03vol 12582912 2524060 9744542 21% ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adzuanamir
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script to check if mounted, and mount if not

I'd like to make a wrapper bash script that will make sure that an nfs mount is mounted before launching a program that depends on the mount being active. Basically: 1) Check to see if the mount is active 2) If it's not active, try to mount it 3) If it won't mount because the nfs server is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: graysky
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

1 usb stick -> 2 mounted devices

Hello, i am using a solaris thinclient that tries to connecting to a terminalserver. (RDP) Everything works fine, but the usb redirection. If i put in a usb stick i always get 2 usb-drives mounted. If i look in /tmp/SUNWut/mnt/<name of the host> i see 2 devices. One with the name of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anarcy
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if a partition is mounted or not with bash?

How to check if a partition is mounted or not with bash? And when is $? variable one? Please give example. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sample code to display mounted devices

Hi all I need to write shell script to list out the mounted devices for a particular user. As i am new to shell script please help me. Here the problem is sometime unmounted devices also will be displayed in fstab. How to rectify that? Can anybody help me? Regards Ilamathi (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilamathi
0 Replies

8. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

NFS mounted and unmounted shell script

Hi, I making a script to check nfs mount and unmount options. After various findings, i didn't get any solution for that. Can you please help me in making the script. 1) I have used, if grep -qs '/var/JETSHARE' /proc/mounts; then echo "It's mounted." else echo "It's not mounted. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santosh101
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check if file systems are mounted

Hi I have the following piece of code, running on a solaris 10 O.S., that is not working for NFS file systems: for vol in `grep -E 'vxfs|ufs|nfs' /etc/vfstab | egrep -v '^#' | awk '{ print $3 }'` do if df -k $vol | grep $vol > /dev/null then outputOK "Filesystem: $vol mounted" else... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fretagi
1 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD