Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users File access/ Never seen problem! Post 302341905 by shahnazurs on Friday 7th of August 2009 01:17:50 AM
Old 08-07-2009
File access/ Never seen problem!

Dear Guru's,

I am being facing strange issue in UNIX.

My user name is shah and one more user name is appstest

I have a directory created by appstest user i.e.
Code:
/home/appstest/work

ls -ld /home/appstest/work
drwxrwxr-x  10 appstest  apps   12288 Aug 06 23:41 /home/appstest/work

Now I logged in to my user name i.e. shah
and the switch user
Code:
su appstest

I tried to copy any file from any directory to this directory i.e. /home/appstest/work

it say like
Code:
cp: /home/appstest/work/workprod.dat: The file access permissions do not allow the specified action.

I am able to create any file in this direcory i.e /home/appstest/work

and one more intersting thing is , I am able to copy any file inside
/home/appstest/work/appln directory
Code:
df -k
/dev/a_hect    47185920   6196332   87%     3780     1% /home

Can somebody help me in this?

Thanks,
Shahnaz.

Last edited by Yogesh Sawant; 08-07-2009 at 04:32 AM.. Reason: added two more code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp access problem

Hello, I am trying to access the remote redhat linux server from a windows 2000 machine thro ftp, but i am getting the error ie connection timed out. FTP service is running on the server. since ftp is working locally. And also i can able to ping to remote server also. Still i am getting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent: ACCESS PROBLEM

Hi I have users A and B in UNIX system both are not having root priveleges. User A has written a script file where it connects to database and uses a logfile directed to the path in directory of USER B. I copied the script into USER B directory and tried to run the script. Its giving... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem trying to access a database

hi guys, I am using the following code in order to access a database. #!/usr/bin/perl print "READ DATA FROM DATABASE\n"; use DBI; use strict; #use DBD::Oracle; my $user='reassure'; my $pass='R3Assur3'; #my $dsn="dbi:Oracle:orcl"; my $dsn='dbi:Oracle:cobscs.world'; my $dbh =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

FTP access problem

Hi dear all When i try to connect to an ftp site it shows the following error "An FTP authentication failure occurred while trying to retrieve the URL: ftp://xyz.org/ Squid sent the following FTP command: PASS <yourpassword> and then received this reply User anonymous cannot log in" I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: surfer24
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Access problem.

I am having troubles copying the contents of one directory to other. I want to copy the contents of the MSIMM folder to another folder The MSIMM folder is in $ ls -al total 48 drwxr--r-- 6 ag32563 user 4096 Sep 23 11:10 . drwxr--r-- 13 ag32563 user 4096 Dec 30 17:08 ..... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: leepan2008
4 Replies

6. Linux

file system access problem

I have 3 windows partitions (c,d,e) all of NTFS file system i mounted them while installing open suse in /win/c,/win/d,/win/e created a user other than "root" eg: "us1" problem 1: by loggimg into linux by user "us1" iam unable to see files in mounted... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seshumohan
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in access in array variables

hi all, its me again!!! i've requirement like this: i want to create a file & an array with its name having the filename as its substring. here is the test script!! #!/bin/bash touch $1 declare -a $1_rec; echo -n "$1_rec: " read $1_rec; echo $]; now see output: this is when i enter... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tprayush
7 Replies

8. Linux

sendmail access file problem

I am trying to configure access file of sendmail to relay on certain domain. I noticed that it does not work if I put domain name but it works when I put the IP address of that domain. for example: zgoldz.com RELAY (does not work) RELAY (works fine) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jalmod
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Login access problem

Hi, If i changed my password then i can able to enter into linux box. After some time if i tried then i can not able to enter into the same box. I have tried lot of times, But it is not resolved yet. I got below error message Error Message : Timeout before authentication for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
4 Replies

10. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

New disc drive - access problem

Hi I've added a second hard drive to my computer. I had no problem using GParted to partition and format it as an ext4 partition, and it's visible as an extra device. But when I try to read from the drive, I get "Folder contents could not be displayed, You do not have permission". When I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: keith.macdonald
1 Replies
cachefslog(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    cachefslog(1M)

NAME
cachefslog - Cache File System logging SYNOPSIS
cachefslog [-f logfile | -h] cachefs_mount_point DESCRIPTION
The cachefslog command displays where CacheFS statistics are being logged. Optionally, it sets where CacheFS statistics are being logged, or it halts logging for a cache specified by cachefs_mount_point. The cachefs_mount_point argument is a mount point of a cache file system. All file systems cached under the same cache as cachefs_mount_point will be logged. OPTIONS
The following options are supported. You must be super-user to use the -f and -h options. -f logfile Specify the log file to be used. -h Halt logging. OPERANDS
cachefs_mount_point A mount point of a cache file system. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of cachefslog when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2**31 bytes). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Checking the Logging of a directory. The example below checks if the directory /home/sam is being logged: example% cachefslog /home/sam not logged: /home/sam Example 2: Changing the logfile. The example below changes the logfile of /home/sam to /var/tmp/samlog: example# cachefslog -f /var/tmp/samlog /home/sam /var/tmp/samlog: /home/sam Example 3: Verifying the change of a logfile. The example below verifies the change of the previous example: example% cachefslog /home/sam /var/tmp/samlog: /home/sam Example 4: Halting the logging of a directory. The example below halts logging for the /home/sam directory: example# cachefslog -h /home/sam not logged: /home/sam EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 success non-zero an error has occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cachefsstat(1M), cachefswssize(1M), cfsadmin(1M), attributes(5), largefile(5) DIAGNOSTICS
Invalid path It is illegal to specify a path within a cache file system. SunOS 5.10 7 Feb 1997 cachefslog(1M)