Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Fedora Hosting issue regarding subdirectories and fwd Slashes Post 302341298 by Corona688 on Wednesday 5th of August 2009 12:25:12 PM
Old 08-05-2009
Do these directories really, physically exist, or are they virtual?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX and forward slashes

Hey, This is probably going to sound like an immensely stupid and dull question, but can someone please tell me whether the forward slash on the web address (http://) signifies that it is running on UNIX? hanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: steverocliffe
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

slashes in a bash shell

Substituting the / for the \ I came up with this: sed s/\\\\usr\\\\qm/\\\\\\\\qmi/g Can anyone explain to me please, why I have to pass the slash four times? :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shakey21
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Password slashes.

Hi everyone! :) I've been asked to write an article breaking down the basics of UNIX password information etc., and I've come across something in which I cannot find a definition for within Google. Very simply, can anyone tell me what the difference is between a standard UNIX password, and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hellz
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dots and slashes

when I execute a command in like "run.sh," I can run it two ways: ./run.sh or . run.sh What is the difference? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DarkLord
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

Simple port fwd. 1 interface

I have been tearing my hair out with this (and not enough left to keep going). I have a linux box (raspberry pi) single ethernet interface in a heavily filtered DMZ with external ports fwd'd that can access an internal IP's (different subnet). I want to forward the traffic. Should be simple I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: martyuiop
0 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

Server is ignoring slashes

When I try to access my website's Administrator page (mysite.com/administrator), I'm redirected to (mysite.comadministrator), as if the slash was removed from the URL The funny thing is that I can access it if I enter 2 slashes (mysite.com//administrator) Any ideas of what might be causing it? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rlopes
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to extract the data between slashes

I have got the following contents and please can you advise me on how to extract the following data that appears between the very first slashes. Thanks i.e 576 , 10000, 1299 3/576/GPP///////NONE/0 50/10000/GPP///D4////GPP/0 234/1299/GPP///////NONE/0 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sudhakar333
3 Replies

8. Programming

Print slashes using C

I want to print 4052 slashes using this C program. #include <stdio.h> void main() { int i; for (i=0; i<4052; i++) printf ("/"); } When i compile this via gcc am getting this error : http://gyazo.com/e0403e4789575d181d1695f9db3e6d6e.png Can anyone point out what am doing wrong? (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: vish6251
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep regex to ignore sequence only if surrounded by fwd-slashes

Hi, I've got a regex match to perform in a Bash script and can't quite get it right. Basically I want to match all IP address like sequences in a file which may or may not contain an IP address but with the extra qualification of ignoring any IP-like sequence which begins and ends with a... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: gencon
27 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

MilesWeb.com shared hosting or unlimited hosting plans?

I want to host a website in India, after all my research I have found MilesWeb.com, I am planning to go for their shared plan http://www.milesweb.com/cpanel-hosting.php I have test their contact options and response time, they are really available 24/7. I have checked few other providers, they... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Guruguy
1 Replies
vparadmin(1M)															     vparadmin(1M)

NAME
vparadmin - modifies attributes for the virtual partition flexible administrative capability SYNOPSIS
vp_name] | | DESCRIPTION
The command is used to add or delete a Designated-Admin vPar. It can also be used to change the virtual partition flexible administrative password. Options are valid when the virtual partition flexible administrative capability is enabled. Options recognizes the following command line options and arguments. The options are mutually exclusive. Adds the virtual partition to the Designated-Admin vPar list in a secure virtual partition environment. It will prompt for the existing virtual parti- tion flexible administrative password before allowing the addition. Deletes the virtual partition from the Designated-Admin vPar list. It will prompt for the existing virtual partition flexible administrative password before allowing the deletion. Changes the virtual partition flexible administrative password. It will prompt for the old password for validation. Displays the Designated-Admin vPar list. If no arguments are supplied, indicates whether the virtual partition flexible administrative capability is enabled or disabled. SECURITY RESTRICTIONS
This command is restricted to processes owned by a superuser. RETURN VALUE
The command exits with one of the following values: Successful completion. One or more error conditions occurred. EXAMPLES
Use vparadmin without any options: The virtual partition fle xible administrative capability is disabled. Add the name of the virtual partition called to the Designated-Admin vPar list: ---------- Designated-Admin virtual partitions ---------- Oslo To change the virtual partition flexible administrative password: Old password: New password: Re-enter new password: vPar flexible administrative password successfully changed. ERRORS
displays error messages on standard error for any of the following conditions: o An invalid option is specified. o An invalid value is specified for an option or a value is omitted. o does not exist in the monitor database. o One or more options are specified more than once. AUTHOR
was developed by the Hewlett-Packard Company. SEE ALSO
vparboot(1M), vparcreate(1M), vparmodify(1M), vparremove(1M), vparreset(1M), vparresources(5), vparstatus(1M), vpmon(1M). vparadmin(1M)