Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Fedora Hosting issue regarding subdirectories and fwd Slashes Post 302341298 by Corona688 on Wednesday 5th of August 2009 12:25:12 PM
Old 08-05-2009
Do these directories really, physically exist, or are they virtual?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX and forward slashes

Hey, This is probably going to sound like an immensely stupid and dull question, but can someone please tell me whether the forward slash on the web address (http://) signifies that it is running on UNIX? hanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: steverocliffe
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

slashes in a bash shell

Substituting the / for the \ I came up with this: sed s/\\\\usr\\\\qm/\\\\\\\\qmi/g Can anyone explain to me please, why I have to pass the slash four times? :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shakey21
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Password slashes.

Hi everyone! :) I've been asked to write an article breaking down the basics of UNIX password information etc., and I've come across something in which I cannot find a definition for within Google. Very simply, can anyone tell me what the difference is between a standard UNIX password, and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hellz
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dots and slashes

when I execute a command in like "run.sh," I can run it two ways: ./run.sh or . run.sh What is the difference? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DarkLord
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

Simple port fwd. 1 interface

I have been tearing my hair out with this (and not enough left to keep going). I have a linux box (raspberry pi) single ethernet interface in a heavily filtered DMZ with external ports fwd'd that can access an internal IP's (different subnet). I want to forward the traffic. Should be simple I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: martyuiop
0 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

Server is ignoring slashes

When I try to access my website's Administrator page (mysite.com/administrator), I'm redirected to (mysite.comadministrator), as if the slash was removed from the URL The funny thing is that I can access it if I enter 2 slashes (mysite.com//administrator) Any ideas of what might be causing it? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rlopes
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to extract the data between slashes

I have got the following contents and please can you advise me on how to extract the following data that appears between the very first slashes. Thanks i.e 576 , 10000, 1299 3/576/GPP///////NONE/0 50/10000/GPP///D4////GPP/0 234/1299/GPP///////NONE/0 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sudhakar333
3 Replies

8. Programming

Print slashes using C

I want to print 4052 slashes using this C program. #include <stdio.h> void main() { int i; for (i=0; i<4052; i++) printf ("/"); } When i compile this via gcc am getting this error : http://gyazo.com/e0403e4789575d181d1695f9db3e6d6e.png Can anyone point out what am doing wrong? (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: vish6251
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep regex to ignore sequence only if surrounded by fwd-slashes

Hi, I've got a regex match to perform in a Bash script and can't quite get it right. Basically I want to match all IP address like sequences in a file which may or may not contain an IP address but with the extra qualification of ignoring any IP-like sequence which begins and ends with a... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: gencon
27 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

MilesWeb.com shared hosting or unlimited hosting plans?

I want to host a website in India, after all my research I have found MilesWeb.com, I am planning to go for their shared plan http://www.milesweb.com/cpanel-hosting.php I have test their contact options and response time, they are really available 24/7. I have checked few other providers, they... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Guruguy
1 Replies
contig_malloc(9r)														 contig_malloc(9r)

NAME
contig_malloc - General: Allocates physically contiguous memory SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/malloc.h> void * contig_malloc( u_long size, u_long alignment, u_long addrlimit, int type, int flag ); ARGUMENTS
Specifies the size of the memory (in bytes) to allocate. Specifies the alignment of the memory to be allocated. For example, for a 256-byte alignment, you should pass the value 256. A 0 (zero) value means there is no alignment requirement. Specifies that the address of all the allocated memory should be less than or equal to this address. A 0 (zero) value means that there is no address limit requirement. Specifies the purpose for which the memory is being allocated (or freed). The memory type constants are defined in the file /usr/sys/include/sys/malloc.h. Examples of memory type constants are M_DEVBUF (device driver memory), M_KTABLE (kernel table memory), M_RTABLE (routing tables memory), and so forth. Specifies one of the following flags defined in /usr/sys/include/sys/malloc.h: Signifies that contig_malloc should zero the allocated memory. Signifies that contig_malloc can block. Signifies that contig_malloc cannot block. DESCRIPTION
The contig_malloc routine allocates physically contiguous memory during the boot process (before single-user mode). The routine carves out an area of physically contiguous memory from a contiguous memory buffer and allocates memory from this buffer with proper alignment. The call to contig_malloc is the same for statically or dynamically configured drivers. However, the point or points in time in which the stat- ically or dynamically configured driver requests the memory differ. A statically configured driver typically needs to call contig_malloc only before single-user mode. In this case, contig_malloc obtains the memory from the contiguous memory buffer. When a statically configured driver frees this physically contiguous memory (by calling the con- tig_free routine), the memory is returned to the virtual memory subsystem. A dynamically configured driver typically needs physically contiguous memory after single-user mode. As stated previously, contig_malloc carves out an area of physically contiguous memory from a contiguous memory buffer before single-user mode. Thus, this memory would not be available to the dynamically configured driver after single-user mode. To solve this problem, a dynamically configured driver calls con- tig_malloc by defining the CMA_Option attribute in the sysconfigtab file fragment. The cma_dd subsystem calls contig_malloc on behalf of dynamically configured device drivers and obtains the memory allocation size (and other information) from the CMA_Option attribute field. In this case, contig_malloc allocates physically contiguous memory from the con- tiguous memory buffer and places it in a saved memory pool. When a dynamically configured driver needs to call contig_malloc after single- user mode, the physically contiguous memory comes from this saved memory pool. When a dynamically configured driver frees this physically contiguous memory (by calling the contig_free routine), the memory is returned to the saved memory pool (not to the virtual memory subsys- tem). Thus, this physically contiguous memory is available to the dynamically configured driver upon subsequent reload requests that occur after single-user mode. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, contig_malloc returns a pointer to the allocated memory. If contig_malloc cannot allocate the requested memory, it returns a null pointer. SEE ALSO
Routines: contig_free(9r) contig_malloc(9r)