Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bash Shell script--need help
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash Shell script--need help Post 302341122 by DukeNuke2 on Wednesday 5th of August 2009 06:03:17 AM
Old 08-05-2009
this text is added cause the members don't use CODE tags. it is a rule to use these... i've edited the OP thread and added code tags... also it is not your work to do moderation. if you've questions use the proper forum (feedback) cause THIS post makes reading realy more heavy!
for direct question to a mod or admin there is also the way of using a PM instead.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need help with bash shell script

Hi guys! I have just started with shell programming!! I am having pronblem with variable subsitutuion. when i do egrep "*" marks this will give me the pattern match. but how can i catch the output of that result in a variable. if i say result = egrep "*" marks it gives me syntax... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vmtailor
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash shell script

Hi Guys, I am trying to alter a script for my company. I need the start of it to go something like this. User is asked to input 8 numbers 8 numbers are written to a txt file ***** ***** ***** txt file is read ***** ***** The text file gets read in between other files represented by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: outthere_3
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash shell script- help

I need to invoke a program on remote server using ssh in a shell script. In addition i would like to capture date/time and if there is any errors , then script should write to log file. can someone please help me out? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam101
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with bash shell script

Hi, I have a file in which records contains non ascii characters. The records are comma delimited and quoted. The non ascii characters are found in a particular column. Example records "YY","AK000021","Ã","IO","PP" "Y1","AK000022","Ã","PO","PP" "Y2","AK000022","Ã","PO","PP" I need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akshu.agni
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Shell Script

HELP!My program ends after entering one choice---need help making it take multiple inputs,instead of terminating after displaying just one #!/bin/bash# Crude address databaseclear # Clear the screen.echo " Contact List"echo " ------- ----"echo "Choose one of the following... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: help123
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash shell script to check if script itself is running

hi guys we've had nagios spewing false alarm (for the umpteenth time) and finally the customer had enough so they're starting to question nagios. we had the check interval increased from 5 minutes to 2 minutes, but that's just temporary solution. I'm thinking of implementing a script on the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with bash shell script

I need to create digit day script that takes a single numeric argument and then it should print out the day of the week using the number modulo 7 formula e.g: 0 - Sunday 6- Saturday 131 - Friday I am fairly new to unix so I don't know how to use the number modulo 7 formula. Does the script need... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lukefrost96
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Bash shell script

Hi All, I have a script which as below #!/bin/bash for i in `cat servers` do ssh uname@$i "df -t xfs --total | grep total"; done > out.txtOutput as below -------------- total 140583991104 118622795524 21961195580 85% - total 140583991104 112888595524 27695395580 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: npk
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Different behavior between bash shell and bash script for cmd

So I'm trying to pass certain json elements as env vars and use them later on in a script. Sample json: JSON='{ "Element1": "file-123456", "Element2": "Name, of, company written in, a very weird way", "Element3": "path/to/some/file.txt", }' (part of the) script: for s... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: da1
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

In Bash shell - the ps -ef shows only the /bin/bash but the script name is not displayed

In Bash shell - the ps -ef shows only the /bin/bash but the script name is not displayed ? Is there any way to get the script names for the process command ? --- Post updated at 08:39 AM --- in KSH (Korn Shell), my command output shows the script names but when run in the Bash Shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: i4ismail
3 Replies
Exporter::Easy(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       Exporter::Easy(3pm)

NAME
Exporter::Easy - Takes the drudgery out of Exporting symbols SYNOPSIS
In module YourModule.pm: package YourModule; use Exporter::Easy ( OK => [ '$munge', 'frobnicate' ] # symbols to export on request ); In other files which wish to use YourModule: use ModuleName qw(frobnicate); # import listed symbols frobnicate ($left, $right) # calls YourModule::frobnicate DESCRIPTION
Exporter::Easy makes using Exporter easy. In it's simplest case it allows you to drop the boilerplate code that comes with using Exporter, so require Exporter; use base qw( Exporter ); use vars qw( @EXPORT ); @EXPORT = ( 'init' ); becomes use Exporter::Easy ( EXPORT => [ 'init' ] ); and more complicated situations where you use tags to build lists and more tags become easy, like this use Exporter::Easy ( EXPORT => [qw( init :base )], TAGS => [ base => [qw( open close )], read => [qw( read sysread readline )], write => [qw( print write writeline )], misc => [qw( select flush )], all => [qw( :base :read :write :misc)], no_misc => [qw( :all !:misc )], ], OK => [qw( some other stuff )], ); This will set @EXPORT, @EXPORT_OK, @EXPORT_FAIL and %EXPORT_TAGS in the current package, add Exporter to that package's @ISA and do a "use vars" on all the variables mentioned. The rest is handled as normal by Exporter. HOW TO USE IT
Put use Exporter::Easy ( KEY => value, ...); in your package. Arguments are passes as key-value pairs, the following keys are available TAGS The value should be a reference to a list that goes like (TAG_NAME, TAG_VALUE, TAG_NAME, TAG_VALUE, ...), where TAG_NAME is a string and TAG_VALUE is a reference to an array of symbols and tags. For example TAGS => [ file => [ 'open', 'close', 'read', 'write'], string => [ 'length', 'substr', 'chomp' ], hash => [ 'keys', 'values', 'each' ], all => [ ':file', ':string', ':hash' ], some => [':all', '!open', ':hash'], ] This is used to fill the %EXPORT_TAGS in your package. You can build tags from other tags - in the example above the tag "all" will contain all the symbols from "file", "string" and "hash". You can also subtract symbols and tags - in the example above, "some" contains the symbols from all but with "open" removed and all the symbols from "hash" removed. The rule is that any symbol starting with a ':' is taken to be a tag which has been defined previously (if it's not defined you'll get an error). If a symbol is preceded by a '!' it will be subtracted from the list, otherwise it is added. If you try to redefine a tag you will also get an error. All the symbols which occur while building the tags are automatically added your package's @EXPORT_OK array. OK The value should be a reference to a list of symbols and tags (which will be exapanded). These symbols will be added to the @EXPORT_OK array in your package. Using OK and and OK_ONLY together will give an error. OK_ONLY The value should be a reference to a list of symbols and tags (which will be exapanded). The @EXPORT_OK array in your package will contains only these symbols.. This totally overrides the automatic population of this array. If you just want to add some symbols to the list that Exporter::Easy has automatically built then you should use OK instead. Using OK_ONLY and OK together will give an error. EXPORT The value should be a reference to a list of symbol names and tags. Any tags will be expanded and the resulting list of symbol names will be placed in the @EXPORT array in your package. The tag created by the ALL key is not available at this stage. FAIL The value should be a reference to a list of symbol names and tags. The tags will be expanded and the resulting list of symbol names will be placed in the @EXPORT_FAIL array in your package. They will also be added to the @EXPORT_OK list. ALL The value should be the name of tag that doesn't yet exist. This tag will contain a list of all symbols which can be exported. ISA If you set this to 0 then Exporter will not be added to your @ISA list. VARS If this is set to 1 or not provided then all $, @ and % variables mentioned previously will be available to use in your package as if you had done a "use vars" on them. If it's set to a reference to a list of symbols and tags then only those symbols will be available. If it's set to 0 then you'll have to do your own "use vars" in your package. PROCESSING ORDER
We need take the information provided and build @EXPORT, @EXPORT_OK, @EXPORT_FAIL and %EXPORT_TAGS in the calling package. We may also need to build a tag with all of the symbols and to make all the variables useable under strict. The arguments are processed in the following order: TAGS, EXPORT, OK, OK_ONLY and FAIL, ALL, VARS and finally ISA. This means you cannot use the tag created by ALL anywhere except in VARS (although vars defaults to using all symbols anyway). SEE ALSO
For details on what all these arrays and hashes actually do, see the Exporter documentation. AUTHOR
Written by Fergal Daly <fergal@esatclear.ie>. LICENSE
Under the same license as Perl itself perl v5.12.4 2004-07-24 Exporter::Easy(3pm)