Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bash Shell script--need help
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash Shell script--need help Post 302341094 by kshji on Wednesday 5th of August 2009 04:40:12 AM
Old 08-05-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeNuke2
To keep the forums high ...
Why this text is added so many threads. Example this. I can't see any problem in previous messages. I hope when you are adding this constant long text using cut-paste, you add also link to the message, easier to understand your meanings. If you mean this time those bold text, then tell it only. This kind of noice without meaning make reading more heavy.

Not so soul.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need help with bash shell script

Hi guys! I have just started with shell programming!! I am having pronblem with variable subsitutuion. when i do egrep "*" marks this will give me the pattern match. but how can i catch the output of that result in a variable. if i say result = egrep "*" marks it gives me syntax... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vmtailor
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash shell script

Hi Guys, I am trying to alter a script for my company. I need the start of it to go something like this. User is asked to input 8 numbers 8 numbers are written to a txt file ***** ***** ***** txt file is read ***** ***** The text file gets read in between other files represented by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: outthere_3
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash shell script- help

I need to invoke a program on remote server using ssh in a shell script. In addition i would like to capture date/time and if there is any errors , then script should write to log file. can someone please help me out? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam101
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with bash shell script

Hi, I have a file in which records contains non ascii characters. The records are comma delimited and quoted. The non ascii characters are found in a particular column. Example records "YY","AK000021","Ã","IO","PP" "Y1","AK000022","Ã","PO","PP" "Y2","AK000022","Ã","PO","PP" I need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akshu.agni
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Shell Script

HELP!My program ends after entering one choice---need help making it take multiple inputs,instead of terminating after displaying just one #!/bin/bash# Crude address databaseclear # Clear the screen.echo " Contact List"echo " ------- ----"echo "Choose one of the following... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: help123
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash shell script to check if script itself is running

hi guys we've had nagios spewing false alarm (for the umpteenth time) and finally the customer had enough so they're starting to question nagios. we had the check interval increased from 5 minutes to 2 minutes, but that's just temporary solution. I'm thinking of implementing a script on the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with bash shell script

I need to create digit day script that takes a single numeric argument and then it should print out the day of the week using the number modulo 7 formula e.g: 0 - Sunday 6- Saturday 131 - Friday I am fairly new to unix so I don't know how to use the number modulo 7 formula. Does the script need... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lukefrost96
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Bash shell script

Hi All, I have a script which as below #!/bin/bash for i in `cat servers` do ssh uname@$i "df -t xfs --total | grep total"; done > out.txtOutput as below -------------- total 140583991104 118622795524 21961195580 85% - total 140583991104 112888595524 27695395580 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: npk
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Different behavior between bash shell and bash script for cmd

So I'm trying to pass certain json elements as env vars and use them later on in a script. Sample json: JSON='{ "Element1": "file-123456", "Element2": "Name, of, company written in, a very weird way", "Element3": "path/to/some/file.txt", }' (part of the) script: for s... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: da1
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

In Bash shell - the ps -ef shows only the /bin/bash but the script name is not displayed

In Bash shell - the ps -ef shows only the /bin/bash but the script name is not displayed ? Is there any way to get the script names for the process command ? --- Post updated at 08:39 AM --- in KSH (Korn Shell), my command output shows the script names but when run in the Bash Shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: i4ismail
3 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD