Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Running Installp in debug mode Post 302340533 by zxmaus on Monday 3rd of August 2009 08:51:13 PM
Old 08-03-2009
Hi,

-e <logfilename> writes into a logfile that needs to exist ...
What error do you get during install ?

Rgds
zxmaus

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

“Ostream” object is not printing message on HP-UNIX for debug mode

The following C++ code segment is not working in debug mode build on HP-UNIX machine. It is not printing "Hello World" message on the screen. While it is working fine in release mode build. ============================================== class KLogStreamBuf : public streambuf { public:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: heena
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

run in debug mode

Hi, I have a question on my korn shell script. When I run without debugging turned on, I can't get the correct result. If I turn on the debug mode, like sh -x myprogram, it will give me the correct result. Can someone tell me what is going on here? Thanks, :rolleyes: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: whatisthis
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Debug mode

When I run a lengthy script in debug mode i need to capture all the steps which are executed. e.g ksh -x script.ksh + test -f /proc/mounts + /bin/ls -l /proc/21326/exe + is=ksh + test ksh = ksh + test -s /etc/ksh.kshrc + . /etc/ksh.kshrc + trap 1 2 3 + who am i + awk {print $1} +... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zooby
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

ehternet in debug mode

I have a little dell running redhat server. it's getting ethernet traffic to console and /var/log/messages (up 60Mb) i can't seem to find where to turn it off! any help would be greatly appreciated. here's syslog: here's a snip from the log: Sep 28 21:34:08 zgarch_serv kernel: IN=eth0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: toferloafer
2 Replies

5. Programming

Compile a proc/c++ file in debug mode.

Hi, I'm using the following commands to execute a proc file, but I'm unable to debug the program. What modifications do I need to make in the command options to debug the program created. I have a proc1.pc file, using the following three steps to generate the proc1 exe. After the proc1 exe... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ehari
2 Replies

6. Programming

Is there any possibility of running the PHP script in a debug mode ?

Is there any possibility of running the PHP script in a debug mode ? If so, do i have to download any package? Any free downloads available? Can anyone please guide me through? Am a newbie in PHP scripting. Thanks in Advance! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Debug script already running

Hello, is it possible to debug a script that is already running "on-demand"? Somehow a command like "set -x" but once you've executed the script. And another one to disable debugging? Thank you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: asanchez
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logging perl and shell debug mode.

I have a shell program which calls a perl program. I am running the shell program with command; $ ksh -x <prog_name> Inside the shell program, I am calling perl with warnings. I want to capture the entire output as it comes on screen. The command I tried is: $ ksh -x... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: som.nitk
1 Replies
BOOTLOGD(8)						Linux System Administrator's Manual					       BOOTLOGD(8)

NAME
bootlogd - record boot messages SYNOPSIS
/sbin/bootlogd [-c] [-d] [-r] [-s] [-v] [ -l logfile ] [ -p pidfile ] DESCRIPTION
Bootlogd runs in the background and copies all strings sent to the /dev/console device to a logfile. If the logfile is not accessible, the messages will be kept in memory until it is. OPTIONS
-d Do not fork and run in the background. -c Attempt to write to the logfile even if it does not yet exist. Without this option, bootlogd will wait for the logfile to appear before attempting to write to it. This behavior prevents bootlogd from creating logfiles under mount points. -r If there is an existing logfile called logfile rename it to logfile~ unless logfile~ already exists. -s Ensure that the data is written to the file after each line by calling fdatasync(3). This will slow down a fsck(8) process running in parallel. -v Show version. -l logfile Log to this logfile. The default is /var/log/boot. -p pidfile Put process-id in this file. The default is no pidfile. BUGS
Bootlogd works by redirecting the console output from the console device. (Consequently bootlogd requires PTY support in the kernel con- figuration.) It copies that output to the real console device and to a log file. There is no standard way of ascertaining the real con- sole device if you have a new-style /dev/console device (major 5, minor 1) so bootlogd parses the kernel command line looking for con- sole=... lines and deduces the real console device from that. If that syntax is ever changed by the kernel, or a console type is used that bootlogd does not know about then bootlogd will not work. AUTHOR
Miquel van Smoorenburg, miquels@cistron.nl SEE ALSO
dmesg(8),fdatasync(3). Jul 21, 2003 BOOTLOGD(8)