Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris how to mount Windows NFS share on solaris Post 302340461 by jlliagre on Monday 3rd of August 2009 12:00:34 PM
Old 08-03-2009
You can access it without explicitly mounting them using the automounter.

Simply use "/net/<nfs-server-name-or-ip>/<share-directory>"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Unable to mount NFS share during boot

Hello Everyone, I have a pseries machine running AIX 4.3.3 that has an invalid IP in /etc/hosts. During a boot the system hangs because it's trying to mount an NFS share to this invalid IP. I've tried to boot the system from a mksysb (not sure if the device was defined as rmt0) and AIX CD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jlslhills
0 Replies

2. Solaris

How to mount windows Share on solaris using SAMBA

Hi All I am new for Solaris and, I have configured SAMBA on my SUN10 Network machine and it's working fine. can anyone tell me how to mount windows share on my SUN10 machine. Thanks in advance daya (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daya.pandit
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

can i mount nfs share on windows 2003 server

this is probably a bit dumb ...but i read somewhere that one of the nfs versions can be mounted on a windows 2003 server ..if yes ..does anyone know how this can be achieved (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tarunicon
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

Can't see home folder on one NFS mount but can in another mount on another share

Hello, I have a few Ubuntu 9.10 laptops I'm trying to learn NFS sharing with. I am just experimenting on this right now, so no harsh words about the security of what I'm playing with, please ;) Below are the configs /etc/exports on host /home/woodnt/Homeschool... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
2 Replies

5. Web Development

NFS Share & Mount problem

Hi, I want to mount an NFS Shared folder on Windows XP to vxWorks. There doesnt seem to be a problem with the sharing. Now, when i try to mount the directory onto vxWorks (it runs on a Tumbleweed card), using a mount script (.sh), the following is the print i see on Tera Term: hostAdd... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinmayzen
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Not able to mount NFS share on client side

When i tried to mount the nfs i see this error message mount -t nfs 192.168.20.194:/remote/proj1 /nfsmount mount: 192.168.20.194:/remote/proj1 failed, reason given by server: Permission denied and the /etc/exports file in the host side looks like this /remote/proj1 ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinathk
12 Replies

7. SCO

Cannot mount NFS share (FreeNAS) onto SCO OpenServer 5.0.6

Hi! All, I am trying to mount a NFS share on my FreeNAS system onto my SCO OpenServer 5.0.6. I get the following error: mount: cannot mount /: Connection Refused (error 115) Has anyone been able to do this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: trolley
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mount NFS Share On NFS Client via bash script.

I need a help of good people with effective bash script to mount nfs shared, By the way I did the searches, since i haven't found that someone wrote a script like this in the past, I'm sure it will serve more people. The scenario as follow: An NFS Client with Daily CRON , running bash script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brian.t
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 NFS client cannot mount a share from a Windows server

I have a Solaris 10 server, I'm trying to mount a share from a Windows nfs server. If I add this entry (tst-walnut:/test_sap_nfs - /majid nfs - yes rw,soft) to my /etc/vfstab, then I can mount, but when I create a file by root:root, the file owner changes to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hiroshi
1 Replies

10. AIX

Unable to mount previously-working NFS share from NIM to LPAR

Right, now that I've finally worked out this website, I'll ask my question! I am having an absolute nightmare with NFS on AIX. I have used it many times, and I know what I'm doing, however I cannot fathom what is going on here. I have 2 LPARs, sitting on the same physical host. They are... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmooredba
12 Replies
AMQ(8)							    BSD System Manager's Manual 						    AMQ(8)

NAME
amq -- automounter query tool SYNOPSIS
amq [-fmpsvwHTU] [-h hostname] [-l log_file] [-x log_options] [-D debug_options] [-P program_number] [[-u] directory ...] DESCRIPTION
The amq utility provides a simple way of determining the current state of the amd(8) program. Communication is by RPC. Three modes of oper- ation are supported by the current protocol. By default a list of mount points and auto-mounted file systems is output. An alternative host can be specified using the -h option. If directory names are given, as output by default, then per file system information is displayed. OPTIONS
-f Ask the automounter to flush the internal caches and reload all the maps. -h hostname Specify an alternate host to query. By default the local host is used. In an HP-UX cluster, the root server is queried by default, since that is the system on which the automounter is normally run. -l log_file Tell amd(8) to use log_file as the log file name. For security reasons, this must be the same log file which amd(8) used when started. This option is therefore only useful to refresh amd's open file handle on the log file, so that it can be rotated and com- pressed via daily cron jobs. -m Ask the automounter to provide a list of mounted file systems, including the number of references to each file system and any error which occurred while mounting. -p Return the process ID of the remote or locally running amd(8). Useful when you need to send a signal to the local amd(8) process, and would rather not have to search through the process table. This option is used in the ctl-amd script. -s Ask the automounter to provide system-wide mount statistics. -u Ask the automounter to unmount the file systems named in directory instead of providing information about them. Unmounts are requested, not forced. They merely cause the mounted file system to timeout, which will be picked up by amd's main scheduler thus causing the normal timeout action to be taken. -v Ask the automounter for its version information. This is a subset of the information output by amd(8)'s -v option. -w Translate a full pathname as returned by getcwd(3) into a short amd(8) pathname that goes through its mount points. This option requires that amd(8) is running. -x log_options Ask the automounter to use the logging options specified in log_options from now on. -D debug_options Ask the automounter to use the debugging options specified in debug_options from now on. -H Display short usage message. -P program_number Contact an alternate running amd(8) that had registered itself on a different RPC program_number and apply all other operations to that instance of the automounter. This is useful when you run multiple copies of amd(8), and need to manage each one separately. If not specified, amq will use the default program number for amd(8), 300019. For security reasons, the only alternate program numbers amd(8) can use range from 300019 to 300029, inclusive. -T Contact amd(8) using the TCP transport only. Normally amq will try TCP, and if that failed, will try UDP. -U Contact amd(8) using UDP (connectionless) transport only. Normally amq will try TCP, and if that failed, will try UDP. FILES
amq.x RPC protocol description. CAVEATS
The amq utility uses a Sun registered RPC program number (300019 decimal) which may not be in the rpc(5) database. If the TCP wrappers library is available, and the use_tcpwrappers global amd.conf(5) option is set to ``yes'', then amd(8) will verify that the host running amq is authorized to connect. The ``amd'' service name must be used in the /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny files. For example, to allow only localhost to connect to amd(8), add this line to /etc/hosts.allow: amd: localhost and this line to /etc/hosts.deny: amd: ALL SEE ALSO
amd.conf(5), hosts_access(5), amd(8) ``am-utils'' info(1) entry. Erez Zadok, Linux NFS and Automounter Administration, Sybex, 2001, ISBN 0-7821-2739-8. http://www.am-utils.org/ Amd - The 4.4 BSD Automounter. HISTORY
The amq utility first appeared in 4.4BSD. AUTHORS
Jan-Simon Pendry <jsp@doc.ic.ac.uk>, Department of Computing, Imperial College, London, UK. Erez Zadok <ezk@cs.sunysb.edu>, Computer Science Department, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York, USA. Other authors and contributors to am-utils are listed in the AUTHORS file distributed with am-utils. BSD
January 2, 2006 BSD