Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat How to update all rpms using single command option Post 302340394 by RajendraKumar on Monday 3rd of August 2009 09:57:26 AM
Old 08-03-2009
How to update all rpms using single command option

Can any one help me to know the command option that will update all rpms

Thanks in advance..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rpms vs make

Ok, this is probably a real simple question....I have RH 7.1 and i wanted to know do I have to install the RPM packages for software or can i use the binaries and do make ...make install. ?? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: macdonto
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

option for ls command

i'm using SunOS 5.7 and I know theres a ls option for seeing what kind of files are in a directory. I was wondering if there was a ls option that could see if the files are txt or files that can be opened in vi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eloquent99
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to update a single row in a file with sed

Hi. I want to be able to update only one line in a file that matches a key using sed, but I can't seem to get this (the key is right at the beginning of each row) Here is what I have tried so far, but every row is being updated. I want the end result to be that the input file only has the single... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: brendanf
6 Replies

4. Red Hat

get default rpms on RH4 for Oracle 9i

Hi all, please advise. i need to install Oracle 9i database on RHES4 and i've totally screwed up with RPMs trying to install the wrong (i386) on 64bit machine. my question is: how do i can get back to the whole default bunch of RPMs and start from the beginning? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MarGur
1 Replies

5. Solaris

patch update with single user mode

Hi All, How do I execute patch update on a single user mode? Please give me the steps by step procedures? Is single user mode the same as run level 1? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

-F option and - V in a single awk statment

Please let me know if I can use -F option and - V in a single awk statment. I want to import some comma separated shell variables using -F option and defining some static variables inside awk using -v option. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalee
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Update single zone in alternate boot environment.

I 'm having a weired situation my system has 8 zones, running fine on solaris x86_u4. I installed the live upgrade bundle patch and did a live upgrade. The new BE was created but it missed one of the zone and now if i mount the new BE i do not see that zone in the environment so my question is how... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Building single rpm from 2 different rpms?

Hi all, I have to automate server installation. For this its needed to install 2 - 3 different RPMs. Is there any way of creating a single rpm from these two rpms? How the spec file will look like? thanks... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zing_foru
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update single line

Hi everyone i need one help don't know whether it is simple or difficult but not able to solve it. here is the problem suppose my code is time_def=3 r=0 while ] do echo "time left is $time_def " ((time_def=time_def-1)) done and the output is time left is 3 time left... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
6 Replies

10. Red Hat

What is RPMs?

Would you please give us the definition and usage of RPMs in linux? thanks to reply.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaydul
1 Replies
FRAGISO(8)						      System Manager's Manual							FRAGISO(8)

NAME
fragiso - split rpm packages from an iso and reassemble the iso later on SYNOPSIS
fragiso make iso fiso fragiso list fiso fragiso fill [-m] fiso iso DESCRIPTION
fragiso can be used to convert an iso file into a fragment file, which is a list describing all of the rpms on the iso and a data chunk containing everything but the rpms. It is used by drpmsync when an iso needs to be transferred. The idea is that often the rpms on the iso are already available on the destination host, so it saves bandwidth to first transfer the fragmented iso, copy the locally available rpms, transfer the unavailable rpms and reassemble the iso file. fragiso make converts the iso into the fragment iso, fragiso list can be used to extract the rpm information. This information consists of the offset and length of all rpms and the lead/signature header md5sum plus the header/payload md5sum. To reassemble the iso one has to copy the rpms at the right offset into a new file and then use fragiso fill later on to provide all data not contained in the rpms. The -m option tells fragiso to print the resulting md5sum of the iso to stdout. It can be used for verification purposes. SEE ALSO
drpmsync(8) AUTHOR
Michael Schroeder <mls@suse.de> Mar 2007 FRAGISO(8)