Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting match range of different numbers by AWK Post 302340213 by radoulov on Monday 3rd of August 2009 04:52:21 AM
Old 08-03-2009
I was just looking at the last xls ...
Now, first of all, which ranges from input1 you want to compare with the ranges in input2 (column 1 or column 2)?
Isn't the range separator constant or variable (comma, dot or what)?

---------- Post updated at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:29 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by repinementer
COuld you please explain this one

Code:
  NR == FNR && NF {
  NF > 2 && k = $1
  in2[k] = in2[k] ? in2[k] RS $1 FS $2 : $2 FS $3
  next
  }

Code:
NR == FNR

While reading the first non-empty input file ...

Code:
&& NF

and the current record contains at least one field ...

Code:
NF > 2 && k = $1

if the number of fields is greater than 2 set the variable k to the value of the first field.

Code:
in2[k] = in2[k] ? in2[k] RS $1 FS $2 : $2 FS $3

Build an (associative) array in2 keyed by the current value of k, the values are all first and second fields matching the same key
(simulating a more complex data structure, using the current RS as a element separator).

Code:
next

You need the next statement here, because you don't want these actions to be performed on the next input file(s).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

match numbers (awk)

i would like to enter (user input) a bunch of numbers seperated by space: 10 15 20 25 and use awk to print out any lines in a file that have matching numbers so output is: 22 44 66 55 (10) 77 (20) (numbers 10 and 20 matched for example) is this possible in awk . im using gawk for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanku
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match real numbers in AWK

I am looking for a better way to match real numbers within a specified tolerance range. My current code is as follows: if ($1 !~ /^CASE/) for(i=1;i in G;i++) if (G >= $5-1 && G <= $5+1) { print $1,$4,$5,J,G } else { print $1,"NO MATCH" } where $5 and G are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cold_Que
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to match a numeric range specified by two columns

Hi Everyone, Here's a snippet of my data: File 1 = testRef2: A1BG - 13208 13284 AAA1 - 34758475 34873943 AAAS - 53701240 53715412File 2 = 42MLN.3.bedS2: 13208 13208 13360 13363 13484 13518 13518My awk script: awk 'NR == FNR{a=$1;next} {$1>=a}{$1<=a}{print... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: heecha
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Range of numbers in HEX using AWK

Hi , How do i found out all the number in a range ( HEX) for example Input is 15CF:15D2 Output needed 15CF 15D0 15D1 15D2 Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: greycells
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk numeric range match only one digit?

Hello, I have a text file with lines that look like this: 1974 12 27 -0.72743 -1.0169 2 1.25029 1974 12 28 -0.4958 -0.72926 2 0.881839 1974 12 29 -0.26331 -0.53426 2 0.595623 1974 12 30 7.71432E-02 -0.71887 3 0.723001 1974 12 31 0.187789 -1.07114 3 1.08748 1975 1 1 0.349933 -1.02217... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: meridionaljet
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex match of numbers between 2 files awk script

Hello to all, I hope some awk guru could help me. I have 2 input files: File1: Is the complete database File2: Contains some numbers which I want to compare File1: "NUMBERKEY","SERVICENAME","PARAMETERNAME","PARAMETERVALUE","ALTERNATENUMBERKEY"... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk : match only the pattern string , not letters or numbers after that.

Hi Experts, I am finding difficulty to get exact match: file OPERATING_SYSTEM=HP-UX LOOPBACK_ADDRESS=127.0.0.1 INTERFACE_NAME="lan3" IP_ADDRESS="10.53.52.241" SUBNET_MASK="255.255.255.192" BROADCAST_ADDRESS="" INTERFACE_STATE="" DHCP_ENABLE=0 INTERFACE_NAME="lan3:1"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match on a range of numbers

Hi, I'm trying to match a filename that could be called anything from vout001 to vout252 and was trying to do a small test but I'm not getting the result I thought I would.. Can some one tell me what I'm doing wrong? *****@********>echo $mynumber ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jazmania
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get range out using sed or awk, only if given pattern match

Input: START OS:: UNIX Release: xxx Version: xxx END START OS:: LINUX Release: xxx Version: xxx END START OS:: Windows Release: xxx Version: xxx ENDHere i am trying to get all the information between START and END, only if i could match OS Type. I can get all the data between the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dharmaraja
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print text in field if match and range is met

In the awk below I am trying to match the value in $4 of file1 with the split value from $4 in file2. I store the value of $4 in file1 in A and the split value (using the _ for the split) in array. I then strore the value in $2 as min, the value in $3 as max, and the value in $1 as chr. If A is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies
QStyleOption(3qt)														 QStyleOption(3qt)

NAME
QStyleOption - Optional parameters for QStyle functions SYNOPSIS
#include <qstyle.h> Public Members enum StyleOptionDefault { Default } QStyleOption ( StyleOptionDefault = Default ) QStyleOption ( int in1 ) QStyleOption ( int in1, int in2 ) QStyleOption ( int in1, int in2, int in3, int in4 ) QStyleOption ( QMenuItem * m ) QStyleOption ( QMenuItem * m, int in1 ) QStyleOption ( QMenuItem * m, int in1, int in2 ) QStyleOption ( const QColor & c ) QStyleOption ( QTab * t ) QStyleOption ( QListViewItem * i ) QStyleOption ( QCheckListItem * i ) QStyleOption ( Qt::ArrowType a ) QStyleOption ( const QRect & r ) QStyleOption ( QWidget * w ) bool isDefault () const int day () const int lineWidth () const int midLineWidth () const int frameShape () const int frameShadow () const int headerSection () const QMenuItem * menuItem () const int maxIconWidth () const int tabWidth () const const QColor & color () const QTab * tab () const QCheckListItem * checkListItem () const QListViewItem * listViewItem () const Qt::ArrowType arrowType () const QRect rect () const QWidget * widget () const DESCRIPTION
The QStyleOption class specifies optional parameters for QStyle functions. Some QStyle functions take an optional argument specifying extra information that is required for a paritical primitive or control. So that the QStyle class can be extended, QStyleOption is used to provide a variable-argument for these options. The QStyleOption class has constructors for each type of optional argument, and this set of constructors may be extended in future Qt releases. There are also corresponding access functions that return the optional arguments: these too may be extended. For each constructor, you should refer to the documentation of the QStyle functions to see the meaning of the arguments. When calling QStyle functions from your own widgets, you must only pass the default QStyleOption or the argument that QStyle is documented to accept. For example, if the function expects QStyleOption(QMenuItem *, int), passing QStyleOption(QMenuItem *) leaves the optional integer argument uninitialized. When subclassing QStyle, you must similarly only expect the default or documented arguments. The other arguments will have uninitialized values. If you make your own QStyle subclasses and your own widgets, you can make a subclass of QStyleOption to pass additional arguments to your QStyle subclass. You will need to cast the "const QStyleOption&" argument to your subclass, so be sure your style has been called from your widget. See also Widget Appearance and Style. Member Type Documentation QStyleOption::StyleOptionDefault This enum value can be passed as the optional argument to any QStyle function. QStyleOption::Default MEMBER FUNCTION DOCUMENTATION
QStyleOption::QStyleOption ( StyleOptionDefault = Default ) The default option. This can always be passed as the optional argument to QStyle functions. QStyleOption::QStyleOption ( int in1 ) Pass one integer, in1. For example, headerSection. QStyleOption::QStyleOption ( int in1, int in2 ) Pass two integers, in1 and in2. For example, linewidth and midlinewidth. QStyleOption::QStyleOption ( int in1, int in2, int in3, int in4 ) Pass four integers, in1, in2, in3 and in4. QStyleOption::QStyleOption ( QMenuItem * m ) Pass a menu item, m. QStyleOption::QStyleOption ( QMenuItem * m, int in1 ) Pass a menu item and an integer, m and in1. QStyleOption::QStyleOption ( QMenuItem * m, int in1, int in2 ) Pass a menu item and two integers, m, in1 and in2. QStyleOption::QStyleOption ( const QColor & c ) Pass a color, c. QStyleOption::QStyleOption ( QTab * t ) Pass a QTab, t. QStyleOption::QStyleOption ( QListViewItem * i ) Pass a QListViewItem, i. QStyleOption::QStyleOption ( QCheckListItem * i ) Pass a QCheckListItem, i. QStyleOption::QStyleOption ( Qt::ArrowType a ) Pass an Qt::ArrowType, a. QStyleOption::QStyleOption ( const QRect & r ) Pass a QRect, r. QStyleOption::QStyleOption ( QWidget * w ) Pass a QWidget, w. Qt::ArrowType QStyleOption::arrowType () const Returns an arrow type if the appropriate constructor was called; otherwise the return value is undefined. QCheckListItem * QStyleOption::checkListItem () const Returns a check list item if the appropriate constructor was called; otherwise the return value is undefined. const QColor &; QStyleOption::color () const Returns a color if the appropriate constructor was called; otherwise the return value is undefined. int QStyleOption::day () const Returns the index of the day in the month if the appropriate constructor was called; otherwise the return value is undefined. int QStyleOption::frameShadow () const Returns a QFrame::Shadow value if the appropriate constructor was called; otherwise the return value is undefined. int QStyleOption::frameShape () const Returns a QFrame::Shape value if the appropriate constructor was called; otherwise the return value is undefined. int QStyleOption::headerSection () const Returns the header section if the appropriate constructor was called; otherwise the return value is undefined. bool QStyleOption::isDefault () const Returns TRUE if the option was constructed with the default constructor; otherwise returns FALSE. int QStyleOption::lineWidth () const Returns the line width if the appropriate constructor was called; otherwise the return value is undefined. QListViewItem * QStyleOption::listViewItem () const Returns a QListView item if the appropriate constructor was called; otherwise the return value is undefined. int QStyleOption::maxIconWidth () const Returns the maximum width of the menu item check area if the appropriate constructor was called; otherwise the return value is undefined. QMenuItem * QStyleOption::menuItem () const Returns a menu item if the appropriate constructor was called; otherwise the return value is undefined. int QStyleOption::midLineWidth () const Returns the mid-line width if the appropriate constructor was called; otherwise the return value is undefined. QRect QStyleOption::rect () const Returns a rectangle if the appropriate constructor was called; otherwise the return value is undefined. QTab * QStyleOption::tab () const Returns a QTabBar tab if the appropriate constructor was called; otherwise the return value is undefined. int QStyleOption::tabWidth () const Returns the tab indent width if the appropriate constructor was called; otherwise the return value is undefined. QWidget * QStyleOption::widget () const Returns a pointer to a widget if the appropriate constructor was called; otherwise the return value is undefined. SEE ALSO
http://doc.trolltech.com/qstyleoption.html http://www.trolltech.com/faq/tech.html COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1992-2007 Trolltech ASA, http://www.trolltech.com. See the license file included in the distribution for a complete license statement. AUTHOR
Generated automatically from the source code. BUGS
If you find a bug in Qt, please report it as described in http://doc.trolltech.com/bughowto.html. Good bug reports help us to help you. Thank you. The definitive Qt documentation is provided in HTML format; it is located at $QTDIR/doc/html and can be read using Qt Assistant or with a web browser. This man page is provided as a convenience for those users who prefer man pages, although this format is not officially supported by Trolltech. If you find errors in this manual page, please report them to qt-bugs@trolltech.com. Please include the name of the manual page (qstyleoption.3qt) and the Qt version (3.3.8). Trolltech AS 2 February 2007 QStyleOption(3qt)