Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming print C codes from Solaris 10, x86 to cygwin on Windows? Post 302339676 by serendipity1276 on Friday 31st of July 2009 06:39:11 AM
Old 07-31-2009
print C codes from Solaris 10, x86 to cygwin on Windows?

Sorry, I meant to type "porting C codes from Solaris 10, x86 to cygwin in Windows"

I just installed cygwin 1.7 to my Windows PC.

I have a C program that compiles fine using gcc on Solaris 10, x86. This C program contains system calls like:

system ("ls -l > file.txt");

and

system ("cat file1 > file2");

I want to port my C codes from Solaris to Windows as easily as possible. On my first attempt, all of my source codes compiled in Windows, but when I run it, the compiled program hangs at these system calls. I had to press a <RETURN> for it to continue.

What's the easiest way to port a C program (with system calls) from Solaris 10, x86 into the cygwin environment in Windows? Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. BSD

How to use Cygwin to access X windows

Hi, I use WinMe, want to access, remotely, X-windows of my FreeBSD6.2 machine using the Cigwin from my windows machine as a normal user. However, I can login (through ssh and Telnet) to my FeeBSD machine as root and/or 'su' from some users grouped to the 'wheel' group. I'm still new to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Praveen_218
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to install Cygwin on Windows XP SP2

Please can anyone help me with how to install cygwin on a windows Xp SP2 platform, I cant seem to get it to work? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimoney
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scp from aix to windows (cygwin) fails

Hi... my problem is that I want to copy one html-file to my windows-box webserver using scp. so far no problem but the destination is in /cygdrive/c/program files/dest and as we all know unix doesnt like spaces in paths. scp html.file user@windowsbox:/cygdrive/c/program... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cypher82
5 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Cygwin OpenSSH Windows

Hi all, I am just enjoying my first experience with UNIX type stuff but I am completely stumped with syntax etc. I have installed OpenSSH on my windows machine which is a working nicley and I can gain access using putty. I am however trying to set up public key authentication and turn off passwords... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bilbonvidia
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cygwin script problem windows

I'm using cygwin to make some scripts,but I have the following problem. If I create a simple script like this one: if echo "Error" exit 1 fi echo "`expr $1 + $2`" I obtain line 6: syntax error:unexpected end of file. If I create the same script with cat>filename.txt and execute it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Max89
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cygwin/X11 issues on Windows 7

Hi All, I recently upgraded to windows 7 and am therefore reinstalling cygwin/x11 after a long time. On XP I would start xterm from the startxwin.bat file. I am experiencing trouble starting with the startxwin executable which is the new recommended startup method as well as afew other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ScKaSx
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run Cygwin bash from windows scheduled task?

Hmmm.... I love these forums because I always get great prompt responses and I want to ask a question about running bash on windows. Is that allowed? Now I know I can install cygwin cron and run bash that way. Can I run bash from windows schedule task? How? thanks siegfried (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siegfried
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I rebuild applications that developed in UNIX? I need to use it in windows os with cygwin

I need to rebuild an application that developed in unix environment and run in windows OS with cygwin. so How can I rebuild from the source code? is there any one who said something on this regard? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bejirond
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Setting up Solaris 10 to print to a windows print server

Guys, I have a issue that I am trying to rectify please advise. lpstat -t shows scheduler is running printer lext644 disabled since Mon Dec 02 19:48:18 2013. available.I have restarted the printer service and it shows online but the above says disabled. I have a lot of jobs in the print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terrywhitejr
1 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How can I start a cygwin application from windows 7 command prompt?

I have compiled an application called tmesh.exe, that was compiled for the cygwin, win7 platform. I wonder, if I do that outside X window, Is there a chance that I can run it on the command prompt of windows 7? (tmesh:4048): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: THANKS Jack (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucky7456969
3 Replies
PCRESAMPLE(3)						     Library Functions Manual						     PCRESAMPLE(3)

NAME
PCRE - Perl-compatible regular expressions PCRE SAMPLE PROGRAM
A simple, complete demonstration program, to get you started with using PCRE, is supplied in the file pcredemo.c in the PCRE distribution. A listing of this program is given in the pcredemo documentation. If you do not have a copy of the PCRE distribution, you can save this listing to re-create pcredemo.c. The program compiles the regular expression that is its first argument, and matches it against the subject string in its second argument. No PCRE options are set, and default character tables are used. If matching succeeds, the program outputs the portion of the subject that matched, together with the contents of any captured substrings. If the -g option is given on the command line, the program then goes on to check for further matches of the same regular expression in the same subject string. The logic is a little bit tricky because of the possibility of matching an empty string. Comments in the code explain what is going on. If PCRE is installed in the standard include and library directories for your operating system, you should be able to compile the demon- stration program using this command: gcc -o pcredemo pcredemo.c -lpcre If PCRE is installed elsewhere, you may need to add additional options to the command line. For example, on a Unix-like system that has PCRE installed in /usr/local, you can compile the demonstration program using a command like this: gcc -o pcredemo -I/usr/local/include pcredemo.c -L/usr/local/lib -lpcre In a Windows environment, if you want to statically link the program against a non-dll pcre.a file, you must uncomment the line that defines PCRE_STATIC before including pcre.h, because otherwise the pcre_malloc() and pcre_free() exported functions will be declared __declspec(dllimport), with unwanted results. Once you have compiled and linked the demonstration program, you can run simple tests like this: ./pcredemo 'cat|dog' 'the cat sat on the mat' ./pcredemo -g 'cat|dog' 'the dog sat on the cat' Note that there is a much more comprehensive test program, called pcretest, which supports many more facilities for testing regular expres- sions and the PCRE library. The pcredemo program is provided as a simple coding example. If you try to run pcredemo when PCRE is not installed in the standard library directory, you may get an error like this on some operating systems (e.g. Solaris): ld.so.1: a.out: fatal: libpcre.so.0: open failed: No such file or directory This is caused by the way shared library support works on those systems. You need to add -R/usr/local/lib (for example) to the compile command to get round this problem. AUTHOR
Philip Hazel University Computing Service Cambridge CB2 3QH, England. REVISION
Last updated: 17 November 2010 Copyright (c) 1997-2010 University of Cambridge. PCRESAMPLE(3)