Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help Needed with 1 liner AWK statement Post 302339434 by jroberson on Thursday 30th of July 2009 01:08:51 PM
Old 07-30-2009
Does anyone have any suggestions???? Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk one liner

input a 100 200 300 b 400 10 output a 100 a 200 a 300 b 400 b 10 Thanx (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: repinementer
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

one liner needed

Hi I have a file say (a.txt) which has following a.txt ---- $$var1=Tom $$var2=Kim I need a one liner which searches the file(a.txt) for $$var1 and returns the value in it(Tom). Thanks in advance Ammu (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk one liner

I need a one liner to" find /pattern/ print from x lines before "pattern" to y lines after "pattern" (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenneth.mcbride
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

combine 2 awks statement into 1 liner

Using these 2 comands to concatenate both outputs into single file: cat testdata | awk 'BEGIN { FS="\n"; RS=""; } /<pattern1>/ {print}' > testdata1 cat testdata| awk '/<pattern2>/,EOF' >> testdata1 is it possible to combine both "awk" into 1-liner? pls advise and thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ux4me
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clarification needed for a SED one liner

I want to use SED to replace all new line characters of a file, I googled and found this one liner sed '{:q;N;s/\n//g;t q}' infile what do :q;N; and t q mean in this script? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kevintse
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need an awk one liner

example input file: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenneth.mcbride
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace regex Perl one liner to AWK one liner

Thanks for giving your time and effort to answer questions and helping newbies like me understand awk. I have a huge file, millions of lines, so perl takes quite a bit of time, I'd like to convert these perl one liners to awk. Basically I'd like all lines with ISA sandwiched between... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: verge
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP with AWK one-liner. Need to employ an If condition inside AWK to check for array variable ?

Hello experts, I'm stuck with this script for three days now. Here's what i need. I need to split a large delimited (,) file into 2 files based on the value present in the last field. Samp: Something.csv bca,adc,asdf,123,12C bca,adc,asdf,123,13C def,adc,asdf,123,12A I need this split... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shell_boy23
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk one liner

The below code is a simple modified sample from a file with millions of lines containing hundreds of extra columns xxx="yyy" ... <app addr="1.2.3.4" rem="1000" type="aaa" srv="server1" usr="user1"/> <app usr="user2" srv="server2" rem="1001" type="aab" addr="1.2.3.5"/>What's the most efficient awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cabrao
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Update statement into Insert statement in UNIX using awk, sed....

Hi folks, I have a scenario to convert the update statements into insert statements using shell script (awk, sed...) or in database using regex. I have a bunch of update statements with all columns in a file which I need to convert into insert statements. UPDATE TABLE_A SET COL1=1 WHERE... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev123
0 Replies
Padre::Plugin::SpellCheck::Engine(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		    Padre::Plugin::SpellCheck::Engine(3pm)

NAME
Padre::Plugin::SpellCheck::Engine - Check spelling in Padre, The Perl IDE. VERSION
version 1.29 PUBLIC METHODS
Constructor my $engine = PPS::Engine->new; Create a new engine to be used later on. Instance methods o my ($word, $pos) = $engine->check( $text ); Spell check $text (according to current speller), and return the first error encountered (undef if no spelling mistake). An error is reported as the faulty $word, as well as the $pos of the word in the text (position of the start of the faulty word). o $engine->set_ignore_word( $word ); Tell engine to ignore $word for rest of the spell check. o my @dictionaries = $engine->dictionaries; Return a (reduced) list of dictionaries installed with aspell. The names returned are the dictionary locale names (eg "en_US"). Note that only plain locales are reported, the variations coming with aspell are stripped. o my @suggestions = $engine->get_suggestions( $word ); Return suggestions for $word. BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
Text::Hunspell hard coded for /usr/share/hunspell/ DEPENDENCIES
Padre, Class::XSAccessor and either or ( Text::Hunspell or Text::Aspell ) SEE ALSO
For all related information (bug reporting, source code repository, etc.), refer to Padre::Plugin::SpellCheck. AUTHORS
Kevin Dawson <bowtie@cpan.org> Ahmad M. Zawawi <ahmad.zawawi@gmail.com> Fayland Lam <fayland@gmail.com> Jerome Quelin <jquelin@gmail.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2010 by Fayland Lam, Jerome Quelin. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-19 Padre::Plugin::SpellCheck::Engine(3pm)