Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Accessing a Perl CGI script, security issue Post 302339150 by z1dane on Thursday 30th of July 2009 12:49:07 AM
Old 07-30-2009
Accessing a Perl CGI script, security issue

Hi Everybody,

I was wondering if it was possible for someone to gain access to my Perl CGI scripts before they are interpreted by Perl (mod_perl on apache2) i.e. getting a hold of my raw scripts and not the html output?

Let's say I use the DBI module where I have the hostname, user and password stored in my CGI script (currently I store these parameters in another file and the user only has select privileges anyway), is there a way to prevent someone from getting the script as it is (if it is possible)?

Many thanks,

Dave

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

concurrency issue while Accessing Mail Box from shell script

Hi Bros, I am in a serious trouble with concurrency issue while using mailx. I have a shell script which reads all the emails of a unix user account and create a copy (another mbox for processing and archive purpose). This script works fine for 99.99% of the time but sometime it start creating... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sumit_Fundoo
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Accessing array elements within a sed command in Perl script

I am trying to use a script to replace the header of each file, whose filename are stored within the array $test, using the sed command within a Perl script as follows: $count = 0; while ( $count < $#test ) { `sed -e 's/BIOGRF 321/BIOGRF 332/g' ${test} > 0`; `cat 0 >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: userix
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

call shell script from perl cgi script problem

hi,, i have perl scipt with line : system('./try.sh $t $d $m'); in shell scipt try.sh i have the line: echo $1 its not printing value of $t that i hav passed..y is it so..i am running it from apache web server (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raksha.s
2 Replies

4. Web Development

in cgi perl script a form

hi,i hav a form in cgi perl script.this script accepts a value from user from another html form, and depending upon this value,i need to disable /enable radio buttons in cgi-perl script wen second page is displayed on executing cgi perl script.how do i do it using javascript? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raksha.s
0 Replies

5. Web Development

perl cgi script not working

Hello, Met a problem learning perl cgi script. 1 #!/usr/bin/perl -wT 2 3 use strict; 4 use CGI qw(:standard); 5 6 my $q = new CGI; 7 8 my $filename = $q->param('/home/yifangt/hello.cgi'); 9 my $contenttype = $q->uploadInfo($filename)->{'Content-Type'}; 10... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
5 Replies

6. Web Development

problem with exporting vairable from one perl cgi to another perl cgi script while redirecting.

Can anyone tell me how to export a variable from one perl CGI script to another perl cgi script when using a redirect. Upon running the login.pl the user is prompted to enter user name and password. Upon entering the correct credentials (admin/admin) the user is redirected to welcome page. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
3 Replies

7. Programming

CGI Perl script to execute bash script- unable to create folder

Hi I have a bash script which takes parameters sh /tmp/gdg.sh -b BASE-NAME -n 1 -s /source/data -p /dest/data/archive -m ARC gdg.sh will scan the /source/data and will move the contents to /dest/data/archive after passing through some filters. Its working superb from bash I have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : embedding java script with cgi perl script

Hi All, I am aware that html tags can be embedded in cgi script as below.. In the same way is it possible to embed the below javascript in perl cgi script ?? print("<form action="action.htm" method="post" onSubmit="return submitForm(this.Submitbutton)">"); print("<input type = "text"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl cgi pages out of cgi-bin folder in WINDOWS

Hi team, I have a typical problem with cgi pages in apache webserver in WINDOWS I am able to execute(display) the pages that are saved in cgi-bin folder. But I am not able to execute the pages stored in htdocs or other folder other than cgi-bin folder. Could anyone please let me know how... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl CGI : unable to download the excel sheet from perl cgi page

Hi All, I have written an cgi perl script that displays an image(Excel image) and when clicked on that Image I need to download a excel sheet. I made sure that excel sheet exists in the folder with the given name but still I am not able to download the sheet. print "<center><table... (2 Replies)
2 Replies
CGI
::Application::Plugin::Authentication::Driver::CDBI(3User Contributed Perl DocumentaCGI::Application::Plugin::Authentication::Driver::CDBI(3pm) NAME
CGI::Application::Plugin::Authentication::Driver::CDBI - Class::DBI Authentication Driver VERSION
Version 0.02 SYNOPSIS
use base qw(CGI::Application); use CGI::Application::Plugin::Authentication; __PACKAGE__->authen->config( DRIVER => [ 'CDBI', CLASS => 'My::CDBI::Users', FIELD_METHODS => [qw(user MD5:passphrase)] ], CREDENTIALS => [qw(auth_username auth_password)], ); DESCRIPTION
This Authentication driver uses the Class::DBI module to allow you to authenticate against any Class::DBI class. PARAMETERS
The Class::DBI authentication driver accepts the following required parameters. CLASS (required) Specifies the Class::DBI class to use for authentication. This class must be loaded prior to use. FIELD_METHODS (required) FIELD_METHODS is an arrayref of the methods in the Class::DBI class specified by CLASS to be used during authentication. The order of these methods needs to match the order of the CREDENTIALS. For example, if CREDENTIALS is set to: CREDENTIALS => [qw(auth_user auth_domain auth_password)] Then FIELD_METHODS must be set to: FIELD_METHODS => [qw(userid domain password)] FIELD_METHODS supports filters as specified by CGI::Application::Plugin::Authentication::Driver METHODS
verify_credentials This method will test the provided credentials against the values found in the database, according to the Driver configuration. SEE ALSO
CGI::Application::Plugin::Authentication::Driver, CGI::Application::Plugin::Authentication, perl(1) AUTHOR
Shawn Sorichetti, "<ssoriche@coloredblocks.net>" BUGS
Please report any bugs or feature requests to "bug-cgi-application-plugin-authentication-driver-cdbi@rt.cpan.org", or through the web interface at http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=CGI-Application-Plugin-Authentication-Driver-CDBI <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=CGI-Application-Plugin-Authentication-Driver-CDBI>. I will be notified, and then you'll automatically be notified of progress on your bug as I make changes. ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
Special thanks to Cees Hek for writing CGI::Application::Plugin::Authentication and his assistance in writing this module. COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2005 Shawn Sorichetti, all rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2011-05-16 CGI::Application::Plugin::Authentication::Driver::CDBI(3pm)