Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting call a script from another script passing parameters Post 302338643 by vidyadhar85 on Tuesday 28th of July 2009 01:52:28 PM
Old 07-28-2009
why you wanna call second script.. make that second script as function and call it where ever you want..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing parameters in script

I have 2 scripts: script1 and script2 Script1 passes 4 parameters to script2 as follows #script1 code ... ... script2 $var1 $var2 $var3 $var4 Script2 uses the export command to know to expect these values #script2 export $1 $2 $3 $4 code ... ... The problem that I am having is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eliguy
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing parameters from a shell script to sqlplus

Hi , I want to pass parameters from a shell script to a sql script and use the parameter in the sql query ..and then I want to spool a particular select query on to my unix box... for 4 different locations by writing only one sql script Right now no file is generated on the unix box...it is a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Random parameters passing in FTP script

Hi I have a question. In the FTP script if we are passing all the required value like Hostname, username, password, Action(put or get), Filename, & mode(ascii or binary) through parameters then we have to pass these in the exact orders in which they are taken like if we defined Username=$2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sourabhshakya
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

call shell script with named parameters

Could someone help me to call a shell script with named parameters. I mean Callscript .sh -c someconfigfile.txt or callscript.sh -config someconfigfile.txt inside the script how can I retrieve someconfigfile.txt using the parametername -c or -config. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rvijay80
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameters to Shell script for GREP command

I am using grep to capture date from a file . Since i need to use the shell script for different dates ,is it possible to pass the date parameter to the shell script the Script is as below grep -E "08 Aug 2008|2008-08-08"* somefile.txt>test.txt The above script file greps the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sud.tech
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing parameters from a script to a datastage job

We have a requirement as follows. We have created a datastage job that will be doing the select operation from table (select query from a table). The datastage job is being invoked by a unix shell script(ksh). We are passing the "table name (STUD_DETAILS)" and a "where clause condition... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing parameters to the script

how can i make a script to run only when parameters are given, if parameters are not given it should through an error , saying "please enter a parameter" for ex: i want a find command to run only when the parameters are given (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: knip
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script passing parameters to sqlplus code

Hello All, I am interested in finding out a way to pass parameters that are entered at the prompt from HP unix and passed to SQLPlus code with a Shell Script. Is this possible? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: compprog11
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call a bash script with positional parameters?

Hi, I have a script which will be executed using the below command, bin/nutch crawl urls -dir /data/test/ bin/nutch - Script file crawl, urls, /data/test/ - Parameters -dir - Option The above script should executed from a shell script named test.sh. I have the below code to execute... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing command line parameters into script

Not a good post. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
1 Replies
REGISTER_SHUTDOWN_FUNCTION(3)						 1					     REGISTER_SHUTDOWN_FUNCTION(3)

register_shutdown_function - Register a function for execution on shutdown

SYNOPSIS
void register_shutdown_function (callable $callback, [mixed $parameter], [mixed $...]) DESCRIPTION
Registers a $callback to be executed after script execution finishes or exit(3) is called. Multiple calls to register_shutdown_function(3) can be made, and each will be called in the same order as they were registered. If you call exit(3) within one registered shutdown function, processing will stop completely and no other registered shutdown functions will be called. PARAMETERS
o $callback - The shutdown callback to register. The shutdown callbacks are executed as the part of the request, so it's possible to send output from them and access output buffers. o $parameter - It is possible to pass parameters to the shutdown function by passing additional parameters. o $... - RETURN VALUES
No value is returned. ERRORS
/EXCEPTIONS If the passed callback is not callable a E_WARNING level error will be generated. EXAMPLES
Example #1 register_shutdown_function(3) example <?php function shutdown() { // This is our shutdown function, in // here we can do any last operations // before the script is complete. echo 'Script executed with success', PHP_EOL; } register_shutdown_function('shutdown'); ?> NOTES
Note Working directory of the script can change inside the shutdown function under some web servers, e.g. Apache. Note Shutdown functions will not be executed if the process is killed with a SIGTERM or SIGKILL signal. While you cannot intercept a SIGKILL, you can use pcntl_signal(3) to install a handler for a SIGTERM which uses exit(3) to end cleanly. SEE ALSO
auto_append_file, exit(3), The section on connection handling. PHP Documentation Group REGISTER_SHUTDOWN_FUNCTION(3)