Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Deleting Doubled Block with sed or awk Post 302338301 by Franklin52 on Monday 27th of July 2009 01:25:44 PM
Old 07-27-2009
What have you attempted so far and where do you get stuck?

Regards

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting a line from a file with sed and awk?

cat file.txt fvnuiehuewf ruevhxncvkjrh zxjvurhfuwe jkhvBEGINvfnvf ijrgioe Trying to delete a line that has the pattern "BEGIN" cat sedtest filename=file.txt pattern=BEGIN sed "/^$pattern/d" "$filename" (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting text records with sed (sed paragraphs)

Hi all, First off, Thank you all for the knowledge I have gleaned from this site! Deleting Records from a text file... sed paragraphs The following code works nearly perfect, however each time it is run on the log file it adds a newline at the head of the file, run it 5 times, it'll have 5... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Festus Hagen
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting the first column with sed,awk or perl

336 brtr 256 hello Output: brtr hello How can i do this with sed,awk or perl? (5 Replies)
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting characters with sed,perl,awk

Input: :: gstreamer :: xine-lib :: xine-lib-extras Output should be: gstreamer xine-lib xine-lib-extras How can it be done with sed or perl? (12 Replies)
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting lines between patterns using sed or awk

hi, Here is excerpt from my xml file <!-- The custom module to do the authentication for LDAP --> </login-module> <login-module code="com.nlayers.seneca.security.LdapLogin" flag="sufficient"> <module-option... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunrexstar
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

using sed/awk to replace a block of text in a file?

My apologies if this has been answered in a previous post. I've been doing a lot of searching, but I haven't been able to find what I was looking for. Specifically, I am wondering if I can utilize sed and/or awk to locate two strings in a file, and replace everything between those two strings... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiddsupreme
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete first block of text with sed/awk

Hello, guys! "filename" has blocks with three lines each in this fashion: 93909286 #verified has one bug 10909286 #unverified pending 10909286 #unverified pendingThe above example has duplicate blocks, and I have tried using sed to remove just one block... The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: teresaejunior
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need awk/sed command to pull out matching lines from a block

Hi, In order to make our debugging easier in log files, I need this script. My log file will be structured like this : ------Invoking myfile -param:start_time=1371150900000 -param:end_time=1371151800000 for 06/14/2013 <multiple lines here> ..... - Step Sybase CDR Table.0 ended... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakshmikumari
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting duplicated chunks in a file using awk/sed

Hi all, I'd always appreciate all helps from this site. I would like to delete duplicated chunks of strings on the same row(?). One chunk is comprised of four lines such as: path name starting point ending point voltage number I would like to delete duplicated chunks on the same... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jypark22
5 Replies
sccs-help(1)							   User Commands						      sccs-help(1)

NAME
sccs-help, help - ask for help regarding SCCS error or warning messages SYNOPSIS
/usr/ccs/bin/help [argument...] DESCRIPTION
The help utility retrieves information to further explain errors messages and warnings from SCCS commands. It also provides some informa- tion about SCCS command usage. If no arguments are given, help prompts for one. An argument may be a message number (which normally appears in parentheses following each SCCS error or warning message), or an SCCS com- mand name. help responds with an explanation of the message or a usage line for the command. When all else fails, try `/usr/ccs/bin/help stuck'. FILES
/usr/lib/help directory containing files of message text ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability |SUNWsprot | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sccs(1), sccs-admin(1), sccs-cdc(1), sccs-comb(1), sccs-delta(1), sccs-get(1), sccs-prs(1), sccs-prt(1), sccs-rmdel(1), sccs-sact(1), sccs- sccsdiff(1), sccs-unget(1), sccs-val(1), what(1), sccsfile(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 24 Feb 1998 sccs-help(1)