Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking POSTFIX - Filter Action for senders not specified in check_sender_access Post 302338092 by coolatt on Monday 27th of July 2009 05:15:29 AM
Old 07-27-2009
POSTFIX - Filter Action for senders not specified in check_sender_access

hi all.

Am using check_sender_access in main.cf to check sender email address.
i placed the senders and the action to take like this :

sender1@domain.com FILTER smtp:10025
sender2@domain.com FILTER smtp:xxxx

I want to take a default action for senders not in this list.

allother_senders FILTER smtp:xxxx

can someone plz advise how can this be achieved ?
thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

action command

Hi.. When i refered the script /etc/rc.sysinit... i found the "action commands" like But this is not working in my shells.. the following error is coming... Please anybody help Thanks in advance esham (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: esham
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How does mutt command pick senders Details

Hi All, We use mutt in one of our scripts to send files as a part of a batch job . The command works nicely but i want to know from where does mutt pick the sender details. As the sender id is different if i use mutt and Mail utility. I can not change the command to mail as it is a part of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amit1_x
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

postfix - reinject mail to postfix from hold queue directory

hi all. Am using smtpd_recipient_restrictions & check_recipient_access in postfix. The hash file looks like this: emailaddress1 HOLD emailaddress2 HOLD The aim is to place email from these recipients in the hold directory,check them then reinject them back in postfix on some... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please help with Postfix config issue - How to allow remote Exchange server to relay to my postfix

Hi guys One of our clients have a problem with sending email to a certain domain. No matter what we try, the mails just dont get delivered. What I did then, is created a new connector on their Exchange server, pointing all mail sent to their client at "domain1" to relay to our Postfix mail... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbdevilliers
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

.procmailrc and uudeview (put attachments from diff senders to diff folders)

Moderator, please, delete this topic (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: optik77
1 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Script to process winmail.dat files in apple mail from outlook senders

Does anyone know of a way to automate the "massaging" of those STUPID winmail.dat files that come to Apple Mail extensions as a result from people sending mail from outlook clients? Specifically, something that would run when you attempt to open a winmail.dat file and auto extract and open... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: herot
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple action!

lets explain it easy by showing the initial file and desired file: I've a file such this that contains: initial_file: 31/12/2011 23:46:08 38.6762 43.689 14.16 Ml 3.1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oreka18
1 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Postfix: Active Directory and postfix alias

I have a mailserver with postfix i want to alias all mail for administrator@domain.fqdn to root@domain.fqdn I have the aliases configured,and i did newliases but doesn't work. How to did this?Postfix is configured for virtual domain on ad server. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris - Sendmail - Adding .com.gr in external senders e-mails

Hello Everybody ! I'm Harry from Athens Greece and i have a problem with my Sendmail 8.13.3 installed on Solaris SunOS ultra 5.10. The problem is that when someone sends to us an e-mail and his e-mail address is like : xxxx@xxxx.com, our e-mail server adds up in the senders address a .com.gr... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mcasim
2 Replies
etrn(1M)						  System Administration Commands						  etrn(1M)

NAME
etrn - start mail queue run SYNOPSIS
etrn [-b] [-v] server-host [client-hosts] DESCRIPTION
SMTP's ETRN command allows an SMTP client and server to interact, giving the server an opportunity to start the processing of its queues for messages to go to a given host. This is meant to be used in start-up conditions, as well as for mail nodes that have transient connec- tions to their service providers. The etrn utility initiates an SMTP session with the host server-host and sends one or more ETRN commands as follows: If no client-hosts are specified, etrn looks up every host name for which sendmail(1M) accepts email and, for each name, sends an ETRN command with that name as the argument. If any client-hosts are specified, etrn uses each of these as arguments for successive ETRN commands. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -b System boot special case. Make sure localhost is accepting SMTP connections before initiating the SMTP session with server-host. This option is useful because it prevents race conditions between sendmail(1M) accepting connections and server-host attempting to deliver queued mail. This check is performed automatically if no client-hosts are specified. -v The normal mode of operation for etrn is to do all of its work silently. The -v option makes it verbose, which causes etrn to display its conversations with the remote SMTP server. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
No environment variables are used. However, at system start-up, svc:/network/smtp:sendmail reads /etc/default/sendmail. In this file, if the variable ETRN_HOSTS is set, svc:/network/smtp:sendmail parses this variable and invokes etrn appropriately. ETRN_HOSTS should be of the form: "s1:c1.1,c1.2 s2:c2.1 s3:c3.1,c3.2,c3.3" That is, white-space separated groups of server:client where client can be one or more comma-separated names. The :client part is optional. server is the name of the server to prod; a mail queue run is requested for each client name. This is comparable to running: /usr/lib/sendmail -qR client on the host server. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Using etrn Inserting the line: ETRN_HOSTS="s1.domain.com:clnt.domain.com s2.domain.com:clnt.domain.com" in /etc/default/sendmail results in svc:/network/smtp:sendmail invoking etrn such that ETRN commands are sent to both s1.domain.com and s2.domain.com, with both having clnt.domain.com as the ETRN argument. The line: ETRN_HOSTS="server.domain.com:client1.domain.com,client2.domain.com" results in two ETRN commands being sent to server.domain.com, one with the argument client1.domain.com, the other with the argument client2.domain.com. The line: ETRN_HOSTS="server1.domain.com server2.domain.com" results in set of a ETRN commands being sent to both server1.domain.com and server2.domain.com; each set contains one ETRN command for each host name for which sendmail(1M) accepts email, with that host name as the argument. FILES
/etc/mail/sendmail.cf sendmail configuration file /etc/default/sendmail Variables used by svc:/network/smtp:sendmail ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsndmu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sendmail(1M), attributes(5) RFC 1985 NOTES
Not all SMTP servers support ETRN. SunOS 5.11 10 Aug 2004 etrn(1M)