Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris RAID0 doubt...
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris RAID0 doubt... Post 302338031 by cerber0 on Monday 27th of July 2009 02:34:15 AM
Old 07-27-2009
Hi,

for me , the most easy is with command "metastat -p"

for example one one metadevice type "concat" of three components appear

d50 3 1 c5t0d0s0 c5t1d0s0 c5t2d0s0

however one metadevice type "stripe" appear

d50 1 3 c5t0d0s0 c5t1d0s0 c5t2d0s0 -i 32b

Note the diference in the order in the digits after of the metadevice name, additionally, one "stripe" metadevice include "-i" option, thats mean the interlace size for the read/write operation in the Stripe device.

I hope that this be useful

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

doubt in Solaris CDE

Hi all, I have a couple of doubts with Solaris CDE(i use 2.6) 1. Is it possible to customize my mouse pointer in the CDE environment? im wondering how i can change the mouse pointer, say to a different bitmap or something like that.? 2. Is it possible to use a jpeg as a backdrop? Thanks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kandanmv
5 Replies

2. Linux

Raid0 recovery from external HD

Hi, I have the Lacie Big Disk, which is a external hard drive enclosure in a hardware RAID0 array of 2x250GB disks. The RAID controller seems to have died, leaving me with 2 working hard drives but no way to get the data. I tried hooking the drives up to a windows machine and using Raid... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why is RAID0 faster?

I have read anecdotes about people installing RAID0 (RAID - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) on some of their machines because it gives a performance boost. Because bandwidth on the motherboard is limited, can someone explain exactly why it should be faster? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Doubt, sshd restart kills the session on Solaris 8,9,10

Hi Everyone, I am just curious, if sshd service is restarted on these OS Solaris 8,9,10 remotely will the session expires?? . I knew we can restart sshd in solaris 10 that will no effect any current session please suggest for 8,9 Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
2 Replies

5. Solaris

In doubt to install Solaris 11 Express

Hi guys. I'm in doubt to install Solaris 11 Express or to install Solaris 10. I tried it a few months ago and that was totally disaster because Solaris 11 was slow as my granny :wall: My PC from my perspective has more than enough HW power to run Solaris 11. OS Name: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
3 Replies

6. Solaris

[DOUBT] Memory high in idle process on Solaris 10 (Memory Utilization > 90%)

Hi Experts, Our servers running Solaris 10 with SAP Application. The memory utilization always >90%, but the process on SAP is too less even nothing. Why memory utilization on solaris always looks high? I have statement about memory on solaris, is this true: Memory in solaris is used for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

live upgrade with raid0 soft partitions

Hi, I have this mirrored system with soft-partitions. I have a difficulty determining the lucreate cmd in this env. #metastat -p d0 -m d10 d20 1 d10 1 1 c1t2d0s0 d20 1 1 c1t3d0s0 d1 -m d11 d21 1 d11 1 1 c1t2d0s5 d21 1 1 c1t3d0s5 d100 -p d1 -o 58720384 -b 8388608 d200 -p d1 -o... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chaandana
1 Replies

8. Hardware

HP9000 Server - Stuck on RAID0

Hey all, I've got an old HP9000 L1000 server with HP-UX installed. The drives that the OS is running on are in RAID0. I am concerned for the reliability of the server. The four hard drives in the front of the server are LVD 18.2 drives. I know with RAID0, if one drive fails, they all fail. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mroselli
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Cloning RAID0 drives, Solaris 10u11

Hello all, this is my first time posting here. Where I work we have multiple servers (x3-2's) running Solaris 10u11 with 2 drives configured as RAID0, 300GB per. There are 4-6 open slots for drives to clone to. Past attempts to clone/backup these drives has failed. One of the machines is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eprlsguy
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Raid0 array stresses only 1 disk out of 3

Hi there, I've setup a raid0 array of 3 identical disks using : mdadm --create --verbose /dev/md0 --level=stripe --raid-devices=3 /dev/sdb1 /dev/sdc1 /dev/sdd1I'm using dstat to monitor the disk activity : dstat --epoch -D sdb,sdc,sdd --disk-util 30The results show that the stress is not... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
8 Replies