Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris I have LUN ID, how to find disk relate to that LUN ID? Post 302337980 by Sun Fire on Sunday 26th of July 2009 05:33:58 PM
Old 07-26-2009
look the LUN ID is supposed to be the number here:

for example:
c3t18d51s2

LUN ID = 51, because it is d51 (disk #51).

but be careful, it's tricky.

I suggest you trace your disks.

It seems that you have two controller (c3, c4)

and on C3, you have three targets:
t4, t14, t18

(PS: for detailed description, check your SAN to figure out why they appear as 3 targets, but that's not really important)

now your LUNs appear to be out of order:
d39, d40
d104,
d150, d151, d154

so try to MAP each LUN on your SAN to each d#..

I hope that helps !

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

VxVM disk/lun grow

hi, i have a volume on a LUN of an EMC-storage and i need to increase the size. i could increase the size of the LUN on the EMC, i could increase the size of the disk for solaris, but how can i tell the veritas volume manager that the disk is larger now? what i've done: 1. LUN on EMC 2.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pressy
3 Replies

2. Solaris

command to scan Enterprise storage Lun disk in Solaris

I just installed IBMsdd on Solaris diver along with the patches recommended. I also installed 2 - 2Gigs qlogic fiber cards & the corresponding pkges for the cards. What command can I use to scan this LUN disks from my Soalris servers. Solaris doen't seem to be seeing this disks presented on it.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Remi
2 Replies

3. Solaris

LUN not ready

hey guys i got this in my logs what does this mean: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sbn
1 Replies

4. AIX

Problem mapping LUN disk from VIOS to the LPAR

Hello guys, It would be so nice of you if someone can provide me with these informations. 1) My SAN group assigned 51G of LUN space to the VIO server.I ran cfgdev to discover the newly added LUN. Unfortunately most of the disks that are in VIO server is 51G. How would I know which is the newly... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaix14
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Find LUN with WWN

Hello all, I need find in my OS (Sun10) on LUN 1Tb with WWN 6005-08b4-0010-7137-0000-e000-0076-0000 (HBA) How do it?, Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aav1307
3 Replies

6. HP-UX

Disk file and Lun Number

HI all, I am confused when I am seeing the output of bdf command ioscan -fnC disk, there is no same files which i have seen in bdf output and ioscan output...One volume was mounted in one folder called /teldb and device file path was /dev/disk/disk48. The same i didnt found in ioscan disk... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvaforum
6 Replies

7. AIX

Not getting Lun Id

Hi, I am not getiting lun id information on VIO Server. I have used the command fget_config command. just showing # prompt. I would like know wheather any other command is there equiv of fget_config which will display lun id? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies

8. Solaris

How can i find the LUN ID's

Dear all, i want to get the LUN ID for some disks in solaris 10 what commands options for the MPXIO and inq i want these utilities only because i don't have solution enabler or powerpath BR, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxim42
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which disk is LUN?

how do I know which hdisk from "lsdev -Cc disk" is my LUN on NetApp after zoning from SAN switch? is it "MPIO other FC SCSI Disk Drive"? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: malayo
1 Replies

10. HP-UX

HP-UX how formating LUN disk

Hello folks, I have Hp.ux 11.31 and I need know how formating in OS new LUN disk attach to system e.g. the wwid: # scsimgr lun_map -D /dev/rdisk/disk4 LUN PATH INFORMATION FOR LUN : /dev/rdisk/disk4 Total number of LUN paths = 2 World Wide Identifier(WWID) =... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aav1307
3 Replies
iobind(1M)																iobind(1M)

NAME
iobind - bind a driver to a device SYNOPSIS
instance] DESCRIPTION
The command may be used to perform online unbinding of a device LUN hardware path from its current driver and binding a new driver to it. As part of the binding operation, the specified driver will be bound to the LUN hardware path and also to its corresponding legacy hardware paths. The hardware path specified as the argument to the option must be of the form 64000/0x/0x. The driver name specified with the option will be bound to the LUN and legacy hardware paths. The optional option specifies an instance number to be assigned to the device associated with the hardware path. If this option is not used, the device will be assigned a new instance number in the new driver's class. The optional forces the binding to occur at the next reboot if it cannot be done online. The device must not be in use while the unbind operation is performed. The driver must support online unbinding and binding. If either of these requirements is false and the option is not given, the user will be asked if the binding can take effect at the next reboot. The user is given the option to proceed or not. If a driver supports online unbinding and binding, then after completes, a device will have one of the following software states as shown by the command: The specified driver was successfully bound to the hardware path. The specified driver cannot be used to claim the hardware at the specified hardware path. The device at the address is responding, but it is in an error state. The device at the specified hardware path is no longer responding. The specified hardware path is locked. Try again later. The driver failed. Options recognizes the following options: Force the binding even though a driver does not support online unbinding and binding or the device is in use. In this case, the binding will take effect at the next reboot. The LUN hardware path of a device must be of the form 64000/0x/0x. The instance number to be assigned to the device. The name of the driver that the LUN and legacy hardware paths are to be bound to. RETURN VALUE
Exit values are: Successful completion. An error condition occurred. EXAMPLES
Unbind the driver bound to the device at hardware path and bind the device to Use the default instance number of the driver's class. Unbind the driver bound to the device at hardware path and bind the device to Assign it the instance number Do a forced binding. If the driver does not support online binding or the device is busy, the binding will be deferred till next reboot. WARNINGS
The and commands should not be run at the same time because both commands attempt to bind drivers. In particular, there may be a short window while will leave a hardware path unbound. If runs during that window, it may bind a different driver to that hardware path. If this happens, must be executed again to bind the desired driver. may be executed only by the superuser. SEE ALSO
ioscan(1M), intro(7). iobind(1M)