Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Where to set the right "Apache" to run after reboot on a RedHat 5 machine ?! Post 302337861 by Beaknit on Saturday 25th of July 2009 09:49:01 PM
Old 07-25-2009
Everything's under rc*.d

Init will launch whatever you tell it and in whatever order based on what's in the rc*d that corresponds to your runlevel. Find the apache service script in the appropriate directory and modify it to invoke the instance you want.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run away "bootpgw" & "inetd"

Hello All. I'm get the following messages posted to the /var/adm/syslog file ever second and not sure on how to stop the process. May 14 15:50:52 a3360 bootpgw: version 2.3.5 May 14 15:50:52 a3360 inetd: /etc/bootpgw exit 0x1 As said about this gets logged every second only thing that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cfaiman
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with "set" and "awk"

Hi, i'm programming on /bin/csh and i need to get the number extracted by this: set ppl_kn = $(awk '{ field = $6 } ; END{ print field }' < ppl_LM_kn.ppl ) and the output is: "Illegal variable name." Please anyone can help me what's wrong? Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmxps
2 Replies

3. Programming

Differece between "env" and "set" command

Hi, Please clarify what is the difference between "env" and "set" command. I guess set will display the system variables and user defined variables. Thanks Sweta (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sweta
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

catalina.sh : need combination from "start" and "run"

heya, can someone help me with following problem. i am not sure how far you know the catalina.sh script from tomcat. when i start my tomcat with "catalina.sh run" then the startup-process-output will be printed out on the console, but the tomcat process is started in current shell/session, so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Filly
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

"if" and "then" statement is not working in RedHat

Dear experts, I'm trying to write a script to calculate the usage of Log Archive in a directory, so if it gets to a point where the directory size is 60%, then send out an FYI.. email. So if then it reaches to 80%, move the logs from that directory. I have written the script as follow but... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Afi_Linux
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Changing "rx_queue_number" in "ixgbe.conf". Reboot or Network Restart?

Hi all, First post here. Working on Solaris 10, on a Sun t4-4, need to change RX queue depth(ethernet, not HBA) and was wondering if i could get by with just restarting the network or if i should just bounce the whole shebang. Apologies if i missed a similar thread. if there is one, please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: caspnx
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why awk print is strange when I set FS = " " instead of FS = "\t"?

Look at the following data file(cou.data) which has four fields separated by tab. Four fields are country name, land area, population, continent where it belongs. As for country name or continent name which has two words, two words are separated by space. (Data are not accurately... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chihuyu
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

10. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
Apache::DProf(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Apache::DProf(3pm)

NAME
Apache::DProf - Hook Devel::DProf into mod_perl SYNOPSIS
#in httpd.conf PerlModule Apache::DProf DESCRIPTION
The Apache::DProf module will run a Devel::DProf profiler inside each child server and write the tmon.out file in the directory $ServerRoot/logs/dprof/$$ when the child is shutdown. Next time the parent server pulls in Apache::DProf (via soft or hard restart), the $ServerRoot/logs/dprof is cleaned out before new profiles are written for the new children. WHY
It is possible to profile code run under mod_perl with only the Devel::DProf module available on CPAN. You must have apache version 1.3b3 or higher. When the server is started, Devel::DProf installs an "END" block to write the tmon.out file, which will be run when the server is shutdown. Here's how to start and stop a server with the profiler enabled: % setenv PERL5OPT -d:DProf % httpd -X -d `pwd` & ... make some requests to the server here ... % kill `cat logs/httpd.pid` % unsetenv PERL5OPT % dprofpp There are downsides to this approach: - Setting and unsetting PERL5OPT is a pain. - Server startup code will be profiled as well, which we are not really concerned with, we're interested in runtime code, right? - It will not work unless the server is run in non-forking "-X" mode These limitations are due to the assumption by Devel::DProf that the code you are profiling is running under a standard Perl binary (the one you run from the command line). "Devel::Dprof" relies on the Perl "-d" switch for intialization of the Perl debugger, which happens inside "perl_parse()" function call. It also relies on Perl's special "END" subroutines for termination when it writes the raw profile to tmon.out. Under the standard command line Perl interpreter, these "END" blocks are run when the "perl_run()" function is called. Also, Devel::DProf will not profile any code if it is inside a forked process. Each time you run a Perl script from the command line, the "perl_parse()" and "perl_run()" functions are called, Devel::DProf works just fine this way. Under mod_perl, the "perl_parse()" and "perl_run()" functions are called only once, when the parent server is starting. Any "END" blocks encountered during server startup or outside of "Apache::Registry" scripts are suspended and run when the server is shutdown via apache's child exit callback hook. The parent server only runs Perl startup code, all request time code is run in the forked child processes. If you followed the previous paragraph, you should be able to see, Devel::DProf does not fit into the mod_perl model too well. The Apache::DProf module exists to make it fit without modifying the Devel::DProf module or Perl itself. The Apache::DProf module also requires apache version 1.3b3 or higher and "PerlChildInitHandler" enabled. It is configured simply by adding this line to your httpd.conf file: PerlModule Apache::DProf When the Apache::DProf module is pulled in by the parent server, it will push a "PerlChildInitHandler" via the Apache push_handlers method. When a child server is starting the "Apache::DProf::handler" subroutine will called. This handler will create a directory "dprof/$$" relative to ServerRoot where Devel::DProf will create it's tmon.out file. Then, the handler will initialize the Perl debugger and pull in Devel::DProf who will then install it's hooks into the debugger and start it's profile timer. The "END" subroutine installed by Devel::DProf will be run when the child server is shutdown and the $ServerRoot/dprof/$$/tmon.out file will be generated and ready for dprofpp. NOTE: $ServerRoot/logs/dprof/ will need to be writable by the user Apache is running as (i.e. nobody, apache, etc.). If you can not write to $ServerRoot as this user, set $ENV{APACHE_DPROF_PATH_ABSOLUTE} to an absolute path of a directory this user can. AUTHOR
Originally written by Doug MacEachern Currently maintained by Frank Wiles <frank@wiles.org> LICENSE
This module is distributed under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Devel::DProf(3), Apache::DB(3), mod_perl(3), Apache(3) perl v5.14.2 2006-09-13 Apache::DProf(3pm)