Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers portability of int arrays from 32 to 64 bit systems Post 302337663 by Karpov2009 on Friday 24th of July 2009 03:20:04 PM
Old 07-24-2009

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

A C program required for portability

I have to solve a problem for my wife who is engaged in Research in Breast Cancer. 1. She has frequently to search a long single line of alphabetic characters (lower case) for an exact match of a string. e.g.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nmsinghe
1 Replies

2. Programming

difference between int ** func() and int *& func()

What is the difference between int** func() and int*& func(). Can you please explain it with suitable example. Thanks, Devesh. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: devesh
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

int open(const char *pathname, int flags, mode_t mode) doubt...

hello everybody! I want to create a file with permissions for read, write, and execute to everybody using C, so I write this code: #include <stdio.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <fcntl.h> int main(){ int fileDescriptor; fileDescriptor =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csnmgeek
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script portability

Hello, May I the right place if I need competencies to migrate DOS script into Unix platforme? Thanks in advance Thierry (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsconetti
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

portability issue linux(2.6) solaris10

the following simple scripts work fine on linux but fail on solaris: #!/bin/bash eval /usr/bin/time -f \'bt=\"%U + %S\"\' ./JUNK >> ./LOG 2>&1 cp ./LOG ./LOG_joe LC_joe=`cat ./LOG | wc -l` LC_joe=`echo $LC_joe-1|bc` tail -1 ./LOG > ./tmp head -$LC_joe ./LOG_joe > ./LOG rm ./LOG_joe ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joepareti
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Portability

Hi, I am writing a BASH shell script for a client. I am using BASH on a Macintosh Powerbook G4 running Leopard. My client will be using BASH on a PC running Ubuntu. My questions all revolve around making my script portable so that it will run on his machine. - Do I need to get any other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Convert DWORD to int on solaris for 64-bit

i am converting application from 32-bit to 64-bit on Solaris. How can I convert "DWORD" on Solaris 64-bit to int. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amit_27
1 Replies

8. Programming

Handle int listen(int sockfd, int backlog) in TCP

Hi, from the manual listen(2): listen for connections on socket - Linux man page It has a parameter called backlog and it limits the maximum length of queue of pending list. If I set backlog to 128, is it means no more than 128 packets can be handled by server? If I have three... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sehang
3 Replies

9. Programming

question about int arrays and file pointer arrays

if i declare both but don't input any variables what values will the int array and file pointer array have on default, and if i want to reset any of the elements of both arrays to default, should i just set it to 0 or NULL or what? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omega666
1 Replies