Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Date Comparision in the File
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Date Comparision in the File Post 302337569 by peterro on Friday 24th of July 2009 11:16:50 AM
Old 07-24-2009
How about:

Code:
find /your/directory -mtime +200 -exec mv {} /wherever/you/want \;

+200 for greater than and -200 for less than.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

date comparision

Hello, I am trying to compare two dates which are in variables and i am not getting the correct result as expected. $first_date = '07/19/2007' $second_date='07/20/2007' Can you please suggest how to i check whether they are equal or not. if ($first_date -eq $second_date) condition is not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kotasateesh
3 Replies

2. Solaris

date comparision

I am wriitng a shell script to compare a date in `date +%Y%m%d%H%M` to the output of `cat /var/adm/messages.0 | grep Temp |grep "CPU Fans" | cut -f1-4,19 -d' '` which looks like Dec 2 11:30:57 79 Dec 2 11:37:58 79 Dec 2 11:44:58 79 Dec 2 11:50:59 79 Dec 2 11:58:00 79 Dec 2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hitesh Shah
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Date Comparision

Hi, I have a file which has the date in the last line in the example pasted along with the rates of the countries. -- I want to compare the date in the last line of the file mentioned in the example below with the system date from Monday to Friday. -- If system date is equal to the date... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raji_gadam
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in date comparision

#!/bin/ksh var="2009-08-31 12:39:05 UTC" ddate=`echo $var|cut -d' ' -f1` y1=`echo $ddate|cut -d'-' -f1` m1=`echo $ddate|cut -d'-' -f2` d1=`echo $ddate|cut -d'-' -f3` filedate=$y1$m1$d1 currdate="20070814" if ]; then echo "$LINE -> $filedate LOWER THAN $currdate" ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemaV
0 Replies

5. Programming

Problem with date comparision in Pro*C

Hi, I have written the following Pro*C program to get the difference between 2 dates.But when I am printing the value of the date difference,it is always showing 0. #include<stdio.h> #include<sqlca.h> #include<oraca.h> void main() { EXEC SQL BEGIN DECLARE SECTION; int diff; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshbabuc
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date - String comparision

Hi, I am having difficulty to compare a string in a file against a date from a a table and print the latest date. Below are the values. String in File : 2009-12-02 00:37:51 Value Table : 2010-01-10-02.00.49.294758 I have to compare both the values ( Ignore the Microsecond in the table... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_78_nyc
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date Manipulation and Comparision

Hi All, I want to generate quarter dates using awk or anything, by giving a dates as input for example : start_date=2010-01-01 end_date=2010-05-31 output should be: start_date end_date qtr 2010-01-01 2010-03-31 1 2010-04-01 2010-05-31 2 Example 2:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sol_nov
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Comparision

Hi All, I want to write a script which will compare two files and tell me if the files are different. Actually my files will be same but order of lines will be different,so diff is not working. I have written a script to do this:- while read line; do cnt=`grep -i $line... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasson_ibm
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date comparision in Unix

Hi All, I would need your help to compare dates in my script. Say if I have the dates in a file I need to comapre these dates with yesterday's date and the dates which are older than yesterday needs to be displayed. Example: 03/22/2012 03/24/2012 03/20/2012 03/21/2012 03/12/2012... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pdreddy34
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date command comparision with a different format

I have a script called " passwd_status " which gives the passwd-s status of my servers. the script output is like below password status for A: abc ks 10/05/115 1 30 ps password status for B: abc ks 09/25/115 1 30 ps password status for C: abc ks 10/10/115 1 30 ps Now , i want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: charanarjun
1 Replies
PCRESAMPLE(3)						     Library Functions Manual						     PCRESAMPLE(3)

NAME
PCRE - Perl-compatible regular expressions PCRE SAMPLE PROGRAM
A simple, complete demonstration program, to get you started with using PCRE, is supplied in the file pcredemo.c in the PCRE distribution. A listing of this program is given in the pcredemo documentation. If you do not have a copy of the PCRE distribution, you can save this listing to re-create pcredemo.c. The demonstration program, which uses the original PCRE 8-bit library, compiles the regular expression that is its first argument, and matches it against the subject string in its second argument. No PCRE options are set, and default character tables are used. If matching succeeds, the program outputs the portion of the subject that matched, together with the contents of any captured substrings. If the -g option is given on the command line, the program then goes on to check for further matches of the same regular expression in the same subject string. The logic is a little bit tricky because of the possibility of matching an empty string. Comments in the code explain what is going on. If PCRE is installed in the standard include and library directories for your operating system, you should be able to compile the demon- stration program using this command: gcc -o pcredemo pcredemo.c -lpcre If PCRE is installed elsewhere, you may need to add additional options to the command line. For example, on a Unix-like system that has PCRE installed in /usr/local, you can compile the demonstration program using a command like this: gcc -o pcredemo -I/usr/local/include pcredemo.c -L/usr/local/lib -lpcre In a Windows environment, if you want to statically link the program against a non-dll pcre.a file, you must uncomment the line that defines PCRE_STATIC before including pcre.h, because otherwise the pcre_malloc() and pcre_free() exported functions will be declared __declspec(dllimport), with unwanted results. Once you have compiled and linked the demonstration program, you can run simple tests like this: ./pcredemo 'cat|dog' 'the cat sat on the mat' ./pcredemo -g 'cat|dog' 'the dog sat on the cat' Note that there is a much more comprehensive test program, called pcretest, which supports many more facilities for testing regular expres- sions and both PCRE libraries. The pcredemo program is provided as a simple coding example. If you try to run pcredemo when PCRE is not installed in the standard library directory, you may get an error like this on some operating systems (e.g. Solaris): ld.so.1: a.out: fatal: libpcre.so.0: open failed: No such file or directory This is caused by the way shared library support works on those systems. You need to add -R/usr/local/lib (for example) to the compile command to get round this problem. AUTHOR
Philip Hazel University Computing Service Cambridge CB2 3QH, England. REVISION
Last updated: 10 January 2012 Copyright (c) 1997-2012 University of Cambridge. PCRE 8.30 10 January 2012 PCRESAMPLE(3)