Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting why the mv is not working in an FTP Post 302337502 by clx on Friday 24th of July 2009 09:28:06 AM
Old 07-24-2009
Quote:
FTP does not support full pathnames in target filenames.

I did not get it.

Code:
rename /my/path1/myfile1 /my/path2/file1

should work. (full path name in target filename)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

FTP is not working.

Hi, I'm getting the following error while trying to use the ftp command. ---------------- 331 Password required for prodofsa. Password: 230 User prodofsa logged in. ftp> ftp> ftp> ftp> ls 200 PORT command successful. 425 Can't build data connection: Connection timed out. ftp>... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronald_brayan
10 Replies

2. AIX

FTP is not working

Upto last month my script was working fine, Now I am getting following error, any one help me? Tcl_Init failed: Can't find a usable init.tcl in the following directories: /usr/local/lib/tcl8.0 ./lib/tcl8.0 ./tcl8.0/library ./library This probably means that Tcl wasn't installed... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
0 Replies

3. Web Development

is wget working in ftp ?

I get ftp> wget ?Invalid command. ftp> 0 * * * * wget -O - -q -t 1 http://www.example.com/cron.php ?Invalid command. thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP not working, need some help

I am trying to set up an account for a user on our network to ftp into and access his folder for his web site. I have been tossed into the previous web hosting server without really knowing much about how it has or is set up, but I've been following most of the tutorials I have seen around the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nlraley
0 Replies

5. Linux

FTP not working under Linux but working under any other OS ??? Very strange

Dear all, I am totally despaired and puzzled. Using Filezilla under Windows under the same network as our Linux servers is working. Using FTP command-line client under any of our Linux debian servers is not working ! I tried with different FTP servers -> same problem ! All commands are... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: magix_ch
12 Replies

6. Solaris

All i/o (ftp) not working on this SunOS 5.10

Hi everyone: I have been trying to simply FTP a file over to this SunOS 5.10 (which is same as Solaris 10 now) and nothing works! I can only Telnet to this via SSH (with my own account/uid), and I can also send simple mail out with mailx, that's all!!! I cannot FTP to it (I think FTP... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve701
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not working after FTP

Hi Gurus, I prepared a script to process some files and then ftp the output file to mainframe directory. Here is the code snippet for the same. # Perform FTP echo "put $TGT_DR/$K.$F.$I.$K1.$RUN_TYPE '$K.$F.$I.$K1.$RUN_TYPE'" >> $LogFile ftp -i -n <<EOF >> $LogFile open... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
2 Replies

8. Solaris

FTP not working Solaris 10

Hi All, I have a problem with FTP service on Solaris 10. Whenever I try to FTP to one machine locally (ftp localhost) or from other machine I don't get any response, I see the ftp service on the machine is online and listening to port 21 but ftp is not responding. Also it seems i can't... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: belal84
16 Replies

9. Solaris

Why is sftp working but ftp not

I am not very familiar with the use of FTP, and trying to run it I found out that standard "ftp" is not working" but "sftp" is. If sftp is allowed will that block ftp ? and if so where is this set ? I thought there is no relationship, is that right ? If so look here: inetadm | grep ftp enabled... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: manni2
11 Replies

10. Red Hat

Working with FTP

Hi all, i am using fedora 11,and want to make my system as ftp server. I have installed vsftp package and vsftpd daemon is also running. Can i access my files from outer world i.e. internet using ftp? How can i do that? i started vsftpd daemon and tried to access server from other system like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yashwantkumar
2 Replies
EXCHANGEDATA(2) 					      BSD System Calls Manual						   EXCHANGEDATA(2)

NAME
exchangedata -- atomically exchange data between two files SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> #include <sys/attr.h> int exchangedata(const char * path1, const char * path2, unsigned int options); DESCRIPTION
The exchangedata() function swaps the contents of the files referenced by path1 and path2 in an atomic fashion. That is, all concurrent pro- cesses will either see the pre-exchanged state or the post-exchanged state; they can never see the files in an inconsistent state. The data in all forks is swapped in this way. The options parameter lets you control specific aspects of the function's behaviour. Open file descriptors follow the swapped data. Thus, a descriptor that previously referenced path1 will now reference the data that's acces- sible via path2, and vice versa. In general, the file attributes (metadata) are not exchanged. Specifically, the object identifier attributes (that is, the ATTR_CMN_OBJID and ATTR_CMN_OBJPERMANENTID attributes as defined by the getattrlist(2) function) are not swapped. An exception to this general rule is that the modification time attribute ( ATTR_CMN_MODTIME ) is swapped. When combined, these features allow you to implement a 'safe save' function that does not break references to the file (for example, aliases). You first save the new contents to a temporary file and then exchange the data of the original file and the temporary. Programs that reference the file via an object identifier will continue to reference the original file, but now it has the new data. The path1 and path2 parameters must both reference valid files. All directories listed in the path names leading to these files must be searchable. You must have write access to the files. The options parameter is a bit set that controls the behaviour of exchangedata(). The following option bits are defined. FSOPT_NOFOLLOW If this bit is set, exchangedata() will not follow a symlink if it occurs as the last component of path1 or path2. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion a value of 0 is returned. Otherwise, a value of -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. COMPATIBILITY
Not all volumes support exchangedata(). You can test whether a volume supports exchangedata() by using getattrlist(2) to get the volume capabilities attribute ATTR_VOL_CAPABILITIES, and then testing the VOL_CAP_INT_EXCHANGEDATA flag. ERRORS
exchangedata() will fail if: [ENOTSUP] The volume does not support exchangedata(). [ENOTDIR] A component of the path prefix is not a directory. [ENAMETOOLONG] A component of a path name exceeded NAME_MAX characters, or an entire path name exceeded PATH_MAX characters. [ENOENT] Either file does not exist. [EACCES] Search permission is denied for a component of the path prefix. [ELOOP] Too many symbolic links were encountered in translating the pathname. [EFAULT] path1 or path2 points to an invalid address. [EXDEV] path1 and path2 are on different volumes (mounted file systems). [EINVAL] path1 or path2 reference the same file. [EINVAL] You try to exchange something other than a regular file (for example, a directory). [EIO] An I/O error occurred while reading from or writing to the file system. SEE ALSO
getattrlist(2), rename(2) HISTORY
A exchangedata() function call appeared in Darwin 1.3.1 (Mac OS X version 10.0). It was deprecated in macOS 10.13. Darwin December 15, 2003 Darwin