Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development MySQL DevZone RSS How can we get the role information in MYSQL? Post 302337438 by radoulov on Friday 24th of July 2009 06:37:16 AM
Old 07-24-2009
Currently MySQL does not support roles (sets of privileges).

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Role of AI in any OS

In any given operating system, generally how much of AI software is involved? Is it related to user-friendliness of OS? What is the future of strong AI? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MULTIVERSE
3 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

UNIX starter role?

This may not be the right forum to put up a question like the one I'm about to ask. I am hoping that I would get very fruitful responses. i) I have been learning UNIX for sometime now, but my question is realistically what do I need to be able to be able to apply for UNIX jobs. What sort of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: B_Jay
6 Replies

3. AIX

role based user

Hi .. I need to assign role based permission to users... How to assign role based permission in aix... Thanks.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumathi.k
4 Replies

4. Linux

What's role of swap in initrd?

Hello, I want to know why initrd need swap for work. In the shell of mkinitrd, it look for the swap partation for "swsuspdev", then write a sentence "resume /dev/sdXX" in the file init from initrd.gz, and the /dev/sdXX is the swap partation. Why initrd need swap when it boot a system? what is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZR_Lang
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Role Name for my type of work

Hi , I am planning for the interview . I am having one question here , I worked on unix and shellscripting for 2 years Done- Ø Coding and testing of Server Monitoring ShellScripts Ø Deployment on UNIX production environment I have written so many shellscripts for monitoring... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Role not executing command

Hello Guys, I am studying RBAC. So I create a role called sysadm and gave it the "shutdown" profile. Now when I switch to that role, and execute the shutdown command $ shutdown -y -g0 -i5 The system responds with : shutdown: not found Can anyone help me with this please?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cjashu
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Ssh to role

Hi all I need to run a command that only a role user and root can run, I need to run that command remotely by script but the roles ask for a password. Ex. from serverA with userA to serverB with userB: userA can ssh serverB using userB without askink for a password. ssh userB@serverB... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: juanramos100
3 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

Role based access and security

Hello, We are planning to setup a Role based access and security to our Linux servers. We can use mostly use sudo for providing the limited access to service and files. My query is that how can we manage that members can edit/access only specific files (it would be 1 or multiple files or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnysthakur
3 Replies
SET 
ROLE(7) SQL Commands SET ROLE(7) NAME
SET ROLE - set the current user identifier of the current session SYNOPSIS
SET [ SESSION | LOCAL ] ROLE rolename SET [ SESSION | LOCAL ] ROLE NONE RESET ROLE DESCRIPTION
This command sets the current user identifier of the current SQL session to be rolename. The role name can be written as either an identi- fier or a string literal. After SET ROLE, permissions checking for SQL commands is carried out as though the named role were the one that had logged in originally. The specified rolename must be a role that the current session user is a member of. (If the session user is a superuser, any role can be selected.) The SESSION and LOCAL modifiers act the same as for the regular SET [set(7)] command. The NONE and RESET forms reset the current user identifier to be the current session user identifier. These forms can be executed by any user. NOTES
Using this command, it is possible to either add privileges or restrict one's privileges. If the session user role has the INHERITS attribute, then it automatically has all the privileges of every role that it could SET ROLE to; in this case SET ROLE effectively drops all the privileges assigned directly to the session user and to the other roles it is a member of, leaving only the privileges available to the named role. On the other hand, if the session user role has the NOINHERITS attribute, SET ROLE drops the privileges assigned directly to the session user and instead acquires the privileges available to the named role. In particular, when a superuser chooses to SET ROLE to a non-superuser role, she loses her superuser privileges. SET ROLE has effects comparable to SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION [set_session_authorization(7)], but the privilege checks involved are quite different. Also, SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION determines which roles are allowable for later SET ROLE commands, whereas changing roles with SET ROLE does not change the set of roles allowed to a later SET ROLE. SET ROLE does not process session variables as specified by the role's ALTER ROLE [alter_role(7)] settings; this only happens during login. SET ROLE cannot be used within a SECURITY DEFINER function. EXAMPLES
SELECT SESSION_USER, CURRENT_USER; session_user | current_user --------------+-------------- peter | peter SET ROLE 'paul'; SELECT SESSION_USER, CURRENT_USER; session_user | current_user --------------+-------------- peter | paul COMPATIBILITY
PostgreSQL allows identifier syntax ("rolename"), while the SQL standard requires the role name to be written as a string literal. SQL does not allow this command during a transaction; PostgreSQL does not make this restriction because there is no reason to. The SESSION and LOCAL modifiers are a PostgreSQL extension, as is the RESET syntax. SEE ALSO
SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION [set_session_authorization(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 SET ROLE(7)