Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sql plus problem in unix
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sql plus problem in unix Post 302337385 by rdhanek on Friday 24th of July 2009 04:04:20 AM
Old 07-24-2009
Sorry for the confusion.
It is working finw now..i gave it as follows.

ORACLE_HOME=/opt/dbms/app/oracle/product/10.2_Client
export ORACLE_HOME
$ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus -s ........

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with while loop and SQL

Connected to oracle database sqlplus << EOF $CONNECTSTR set heading off set trimspool on set feedback off select ID,DATE from sysadm.TEST where VALUE = 'A' order by ID; value_id = ID value_date = DATE EOF 1. Is it possible to reference the values, ID,DATE in unix shell script. 2.... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: nandajk
20 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

pl/sql in unix problem

hi all i have written this small code. sqlplus $schema_name/$passwrd@$instance <<eof set serveroutput on; declare lv_count pls_integer; lv_option varchar2(20); begin select count(*) into lv_count from all_objects where upper(object_name)=upper('$temp_file1');... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: infyanurag
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sql query problem

Hi, I am passing an argument for the script and that argument values should exist in database. bill_period_input="'""$1""'" bill_period=`sqlplus uname/pwd@dbname <<eof! set verify off set heading off set feedback off select bill_period from bill_period_ref where... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss_ss
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix variables from sql / pl/sql

How do I dynamically assign the below output to unix shell variables so I can build a menu in a shell script? Example: var1 = 1 var2= SYSTEM var3 = 2 var4= UNDOTBS1 and so on, then in the shell script I can use the variables to build a menu. set serveroutput on declare... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: djehres
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execute PL/SQL function from Unix script (.sql file)

Hi guys, I am new on here, I have a function in oracle that returns a specific value: create or replace PACKAGE BODY "CTC_ASDGET_SCHED" AS FUNCTION FN_ASDSCHEDULE_GET RETURN VARCHAR2 AS BEGIN DECLARE ASDSchedule varchar2(6); ASDComplete... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reptile
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in sql loader

Hi Frnds, I wanto load the data thats in data file with comma(,) delimited. it throw this errors SQL*Loader-951: Error calling once/load initialization ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1 ORA-00054: resource busy and acquire with NOWAIT specified Plz look at my file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopal_Engg
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sql data file in unix csv file as input to an sql query from shell

Hi , I used the below script to get the sql data into csv file using unix scripting. I m getting the output into an output file but the output file is not displayed in a separe columns . #!/bin/ksh export FILE_PATH=/maav/home/xyz/abc/ rm $FILE_PATH/sample.csv sqlplus -s... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nareshp
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in SQL query

I used the following code code select * from tablename where columnname Instead of printing the expected output it prints all the files in the present directory since there is a "*" in the code. Is there any way to overcome the problem? Thanks Ananth (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ananthdoss
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix script with SQL statement problem

Hello, I have a script to get the information from database, however, it's look like the loop is not work, can someone help? :confused: echo Input file list to check: read filelist for file in 'cat $filelist.txt' do echo "select FILENAME from FILE_TABLE where filename like '${file}'%;" >>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i run sql queries from UNIX shell script and retrieve data into text docs of UNIX?

Please share the doc asap as very urgently required. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 24ajay
1 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD