Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers unzip and change file permissions Post 302337309 by hkansal on Thursday 23rd of July 2009 08:15:58 PM
Old 07-23-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpk
Is there any way to unzip a zip file and change file permissions to 777 while extracting the files
Not Really!!

It has to be a 2 step process.

Just in case you are looking to unzip a .zip file, the jar command would do it.

Regards,
HKansal

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

checking file's permissions and change them

Hi all, I am very new to UNIX and Shell scripting, I need to run a script to check for file's and directoires permissions and change the permissions if necessary. I appreciate your help.. Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: K-ONE
7 Replies

2. Solaris

File Permissions change date

Hi, I was wondering if there is any way to find out when the file/directory's permissions were changed. Typically, when using 'chmod' to change a file/directory's permissions, the modification date does not change. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpatel
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

To give the "unzip" permissions & "create" file permissions

Hi, I am a Unix Admin. I have to give the permissions to a user for creating new file in a directory in HP-Ux 11.11 system since he cannot able to create a new file in the directory. Thanks in advance. Mike (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike1234
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Unzip a .ZIP file in Unix without using unzip cmd..?????

Hi All I have ftped a .ZIP file (zipped using WinZip in Windows) to my Unix server (HP-UX). I don't have unzip cmd available in my curent Unix version Please let me know any cmd in UNIX (other than unzip) using which I can unzip this .ZIP file . Please elaborate on the commands aval and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

We need to change the file permissions and ownerships?

I am running a linux centos server; our php script generates plenty of files in a directory, anything up to 1000 (though too often more).The files in these directories have permissions and ownerships which i need to change. I have used shell comment for changing the file permission which is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nilson
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

script to recursively change permissions on file and dirs differently?

Hi there, I need to change all files/dirs 1. all files with 744 2. all dirs with 755 is there a script for that ? thanks, thegunman (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheGunMan
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can we change the permissions of a file in a directory

Hi All, I am trying to wite a Shell script which changes the permission of the files in a folder but stuck at a particular point,please help. The scenario is as follwoing: I am having a list of 10 files and a folder which has 100 files. I need to copare the list and the folder ,for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriram.Vedula53
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I am not able change the file permissions

while trying to view the access permissions to file by "ls -lrt" command it is opening some files int the dir after that segmentation fault ie core is generarting the dir.will anybody please what is the problem. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajkumar_g
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh; Change file permissions, update file, change permissions back?

Hi, I am creating a ksh script to search for a string of text inside files within a directory tree. Some of these file are going to be read/execute only. I know to use chmod to change the permissions of the file, but I want to preserve the original permissions after writing to the file. How can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sftp change file permissions

Hi All, Apologies if this question has been asked before. I havent been able to resolve an issue and would like some help. I am getting files pushed to me via sftp. The files once pushed to my server in folder ABC have -rw------- but I need these files to have the following -rw-rw---- to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: israr75
1 Replies
zipnote(1)						      General Commands Manual							zipnote(1)

NAME
zipnote - write the comments in zipfile to stdout, edit comments and rename files in zipfile SYNOPSIS
zipnote [-w] [-b path] [-h] [-v] [-L] zipfile ARGUMENTS
zipfile Zipfile to read comments from or edit. OPTIONS
-w Write comments to a zipfile from stdin (see below). -b path Use path for the temporary zip file. -h Show a short help. -v Show version information. -L Show software license. DESCRIPTION
zipnote writes the comments in a zipfile to stdout. This is the default mode. A second mode allows updating the comments in a zipfile as well as allows changing the names of the files in the zipfile. These modes are described below. EXAMPLES
To write all comments in a zipfile to stdout use for example zipnote foo.zip > foo.tmp This writes all comments in the zipfile foo.zip to the file foo.tmp in a specific format. If desired, this file can then be edited to change the comments and then used to update the zipfile. zipnote -w foo.zip < foo.tmp The names of the files in the zipfile can also be changed in this way. This is done by following lines like "@ name" in the created temporary file (called foo.tmp here) with lines like "@=newname" and then using the -w option as above. BUGS
The temporary file format is rather specific and zipnote is rather picky about it. It should be easier to change file names in a script. Does not yet support large (> 2 GB) or split archives. SEE ALSO
zip(1), unzip(1) AUTHOR
Info-ZIP v3.0 of 8 May 2008 zipnote(1)