Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Selecting Interface based on Destination IP address Post 302337099 by vijaypdp2006 on Thursday 23rd of July 2009 11:00:17 AM
Old 07-23-2009
Bug Selecting Interface based on Destination IP address

Hi all,

How an interface is selected based on the destination ip address.

Thanks in advance........

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Obtaining IP address from both my network interface

HI folks, I am developing a software which one of the module is to interchange the ip address of another active network interface's when making a socket connection. I would like to know whether there is any function call that would enable me to retrieve the ip address that is obtained by a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: citiz3n
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

Selecting interface based on source and destination ip address

Hi all, I have some doubts in selecting the interface to transfer packets and receive the packets. --> Multiple interfaces : -------------------- 1) 0.0.0.0 --------> wild card address. 2) x.x.x.x --------> valid address.(192.168.1.156) 3) ff.ff.ff.ff -------->... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaypdp2006
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting A Section of A File Based On the Time Within It

Hi, I have a file formated like this: John 7.22 2010-01-25_17:01:36 George 8.22 2010-01-25_17:02:36 Bob 9.62 2010-01-25_17:04:36 Jane 10.11 2010-01-25_17:05:36 Emma 4.52 2010-01-25_17:01:36 What I want to do is cut out only the entries that have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Donkey25
2 Replies

4. SCO

Change SCO - GUI or Desktop interface to DOS based interface

Hi all I have installed a demo version of SCO OpenServer 5.0.2, I finally found it is Desktop Interface, I would like to know how to change its interface to dos based interface? If you have any ideas, please tell me then. Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TinhNhi
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting rows based on values in columns

Hi My pipe delimited .txt file contains rows with 10 columns. Can anyone advise how I output to file only those rows with the letters ‘ci' as the first 2 characters in the 3rd column ? Many thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: malts18
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move all files from source to destination directory based on the filename

Move all files starting with a specific name to different directory. This shell script program should have three parameters File Name Source Directory Destination Directory User should be able to enter ‘AB_CD*' in file name parameter. In this case all the files starting with AB_CD will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chetancrsp18
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting sequences based on scores

I have two files with thousands of sequences of different lengths. infile1 contains the actual sequences and infile2 the scores for each A, T, G and C in infile1. Something like this: infile1: >HZVJKYI01ECH5R TTGATGTGCCAGCTGCCGTTGGTGTGCCAA >HZVJKYI01AQWJ8 GGATATGATGATGAACTGGTTTGGCACACC... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
4 Replies

8. Solaris

How to set gateway address to a particular interface?

How to set gateway address to a particular interface? waht are the files need to update to make it permanent? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naveen.6025
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

C program to detect duplicate ip address if any after assigning ip address to ethernet interface

Hi , Could someone let me know how to detect duplicate ip address after assigning ip address to ethernet interface using c program (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Selecting lines based on the value in the 3rd column.

Hello, I have a sample data like this: A1 B1 100.00 B1 A1 100.00 A2 B2 90.80 B2 A2 90.80 A3 B3 99.07 B3 A3 99.07 A4 B4 99.00 B4 A4 99.00 A5 B5 97.13 B5 A5 99.53 . . Ax By i By Ax j each two lines are same comparison with opposite order. What I expected is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nengcheng
3 Replies
RDMA_RESOLVE_ADDR(3)					   Librdmacm Programmer's Manual				      RDMA_RESOLVE_ADDR(3)

NAME
rdma_resolve_addr - Resolve destination and optional source addresses. SYNOPSIS
#include <rdma/rdma_cma.h> int rdma_resolve_addr (struct rdma_cm_id *id, struct sockaddr *src_addr, struct sockaddr *dst_addr, int timeout_ms); ARGUMENTS
id RDMA identifier. src_addr Source address information. This parameter may be NULL. dst_addr Destination address information. timeout_ms Time to wait for resolution to complete. DESCRIPTION
Resolve destination and optional source addresses from IP addresses to an RDMA address. If successful, the specified rdma_cm_id will be bound to a local device. RETURN VALUE
Returns 0 on success, or -1 on error. If an error occurs, errno will be set to indicate the failure reason. NOTES
This call is used to map a given destination IP address to a usable RDMA address. The IP to RDMA address mapping is done using the local routing tables, or via ARP. If a source address is given, the rdma_cm_id is bound to that address, the same as if rdma_bind_addr were called. If no source address is given, and the rdma_cm_id has not yet been bound to a device, then the rdma_cm_id will be bound to a source address based on the local routing tables. After this call, the rdma_cm_id will be bound to an RDMA device. This call is typically made from the active side of a connection before calling rdma_resolve_route and rdma_connect. INFINIBAND SPECIFIC
This call maps the destination and, if given, source IP addresses to GIDs. In order to perform the mapping, IPoIB must be running on both the local and remote nodes. SEE ALSO
rdma_create_id(3), rdma_resolve_route(3), rdma_connect(3), rdma_create_qp(3), rdma_get_cm_event(3), rdma_bind_addr(3), rdma_get_src_port(3), rdma_get_dst_port(3), rdma_get_local_addr(3), rdma_get_peer_addr(3) librdmacm 2007-10-31 RDMA_RESOLVE_ADDR(3)