Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mail in bash
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Mail in bash Post 302336807 by nitin on Wednesday 22nd of July 2009 10:56:30 PM
Old 07-22-2009
Apple Mail is mail program like Outlook or Thunderbird, it's GUI based Smilie. Mac OS has mail, and can be used from Terminal and in scripts. Open terminal and type:
Code:
mail

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mail problem (NOT Mail or Mail.app)

When I try to use the CLI mail, I get the following error. What's wrong? Welcome to Darwin! % mail root Subject: test test . EOT % /etc/mail/sendmail.cf: line 81: fileclass: cannot open /etc/mail/local-host-names: Group writable directory Do I just need to change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chenly
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail using bash script

Hi, I am trying to write a script which emails the status of the job to the client. I am using bash script. I tried using mailx and the shell throws an error that 'command not found'. is mailx not supported in bash. Alternatively, is there any command that i can use for sending email in bash? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: borncrazy
5 Replies

3. Solaris

how to forward mail in /var/mail/username to external mail

Dear All, Now I use solaris 10 and I try to forward mail from /var/mail/username to their external mail so what should I do? thank u in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unitipon
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending mail via Bash

Hello , I want to send mail via bash script but i want to add from parameter for example i want to send to test@gmail.com and the sender will be test2@gmail.com Thanks for all (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LinuxCommandos
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i send mail to multiple addresses in same domain in bash?

Suppose i have a txt file that is the list of the addresses,something like: lala0045 john james lala0234 george james and i want to send an email to lala0045@blabla.com and lala0234@blabla.com,the same domain...what is the exact syntax i should use in my script? there is a command... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashuser2
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting Bash to access ISP mail

I'm trying to create a small program to look at my isp and pull down the messages into individual text files. This is just a read only setup. I need to pull down the message and kill it on the server. I'm stuck here. I have experimented with a for string but it always fails. I was trying to use... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mikey
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need to configure mail setting to send mail to outlook mail server

i have sun machines having solaris 9 & 10 OS . Now i need to send mail from the machines to my outlook account . I have the ip adress of OUTLOOK mail server. Now what are the setting i need to do in solaris machines so that i can use mailx or sendmail. actually i am trying to automate the high... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script - Mail Secure.log

I'm putting together a fairly simple script, to check "secure.log" for content and email the results in a cron, nightly. The script runs fine upon manual execution, it's a problem when ran in cron. This is on a Mac server. Any thoughts? #!bin/bash #Email secure.log, nightly. Subject="Secure... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nvizn
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM (in reply to MAIL FROM comm

I am having trouble getting mail to work on a red hat server. At first I was getting this message. Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery temporarily suspended: connect to :25: Connection refused Then added the port to my firewall. Then I temporarily turned off selinux. I then copied this file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bold text in Bash and send mail

I have a sample script here I want to bold the word BOLD in the text and send through email. Tried several ways but not seems to working. BODY="Hello. I want to BOLD this" { echo "From: from@gmail.com" echo "To: to@gmail.com" echo "Subject: Texting" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lpoolfc
1 Replies
Mail::Mbox::MessageParser::Perl(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      Mail::Mbox::MessageParser::Perl(3pm)

NAME
Mail::Mbox::MessageParser::Perl - A Perl-based mbox folder reader SYNOPSIS
#!/usr/bin/perl use Mail::Mbox::MessageParser; my $filename = 'mail/saved-mail'; my $filehandle = new FileHandle($filename); my $folder_reader = new Mail::Mbox::MessageParser( { 'file_name' => $filename, 'file_handle' => $filehandle, } ); die $folder_reader unless ref $folder_reader; # Any newlines or such before the start of the first email my $prologue = $folder_reader->prologue; print $prologue; # This is the main loop. It's executed once for each email while(!$folder_reader->end_of_file()); { my $email = $folder_reader->read_next_email(); print $email; } DESCRIPTION
This module implements a Perl-based mbox folder reader. Users must not instantiate this class directly--use Mail::Mbox::MessageParser instead. The base MessageParser module will automatically manage the use of faster implementations if they can be used. METHODS AND FUNCTIONS The following methods and functions are specific to the Mail::Mbox::MessageParser::Perl package. For additional inherited ones, see the Mail::Mbox::MessageParser documentation. $ref = new( { 'file_name' => <mailbox file name>, 'file_handle' => <mailbox file handle> }); <file_name> - The full filename of the mailbox <file_handle> - An opened file handle for the mailbox The constructor for the class takes two parameters. The optional file_name parameter is the filename of the mailbox. The required file_handle argument is the opened file handle to the mailbox. Returns a reference to a Mail::Mbox::MessageParser object, or a string describing the error. BUGS
No known bugs. Contact david@coppit.org for bug reports and suggestions. AUTHOR
David Coppit <david@coppit.org>. LICENSE
This software is distributed under the terms of the GPL. See the file "LICENSE" for more information. HISTORY
This code was originally part of the grepmail distribution. See http://grepmail.sf.net/ for previous versions of grepmail which included early versions of this code. SEE ALSO
Mail::Mbox::MessageParser perl v5.10.1 2009-08-09 Mail::Mbox::MessageParser::Perl(3pm)