Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting command to know files modified morethan 30 min Post 302336473 by radoulov on Wednesday 22nd of July 2009 08:35:17 AM
Old 07-22-2009
If your version of find does not support the mmin option,
you can use Perl:

Code:
find . -type f -exec perl -le'
  (30/1440) > -M and print for @ARGV
  ' {} +

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

chmod command for recently modified files

hello! is there a way for me to use the chmod command to change permissions for several files all at once -based on the fact that these files were all most recently modified TODAY ? I can't use a wildcard on their filenames because the filenames are varied. But I was hoping I could somehow do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: polka_friend
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to delete the files which are the 30 min older...?

Hi all, i have a simple question that i want to find out the 30 minutes older files and delete those files from the particular location(Folder) Generally for this purpose used to retreive the files with "atime" command For example: find and delete the 2 days older log files use this below... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: psiva_arul
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Exit TOP command after 1 min

Hi, I am running following command: top -p <psid> | grep used I want to send o/p of above command to some txt file but it do not break as it keeps going. How can I exit 'top -p <psid> | grep used' after certain time like 1 min or 2 mins? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sach253
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help - Find command with list of files modified descending Order

Hi, I would like to know the command to get the files order in descending order with "FIND" command. Appreciate your help Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TonySolarisAdmi
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run a script if file modified in last 10 min

Hi, I want to check if a file is modified or not in the last 10 mins and run a script if so. Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: krabu
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

command for recently modified files - "find" command not working

I have three files a.txt , b.txt , c.txt in a directory called my_dir1 .These files were created before two or three months . I have a tar file called my_tar1.tar which contains three files a.txt , b.txt , d.txt . Somebody untarred the my_tar1.tar into my_dir1 directory. So existing two files were... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joe.mani
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to modified files using sed command

hi all, i will like to modified some files with the extension .gjf . All this files have in first line this #P PM3 Opt and i want to change that to this : %nproc=2 %chk=filename.chk #p B3LYP /6-31G** opt in order to do that i have try to do a script with the sed command but i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: juanchy
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding the modified timestamp of files from the piped output of du command

Version Info +++++++++++++++ RHEL 5.4 Since ls command lists file sizes in Bytes which can be long I use du command like below. I have run the du command for the below files as shown below. But I want pipe this output to ls command just to see the modified timestamp for these files. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find command to get the modified files past 2 hours

Hello, How to get the modified/created files past 2 hours in Solaris with find command? Thank you. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: balareddy
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files from one drive to another, keeping most recently modified files

Hi all, I am a bit of a beginner with shell scripting.. What I want to do is merge two drives, for example moving all data from X to Y. If a file in X doesn't exist in Y, it will be moved there. If a file in X also exists in Y, the most recently modified file will be moved to (or kept) in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: apocolapse
5 Replies
FIND2PERL(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					      FIND2PERL(1)

NAME
find2perl - translate find command lines to Perl code SYNOPSIS
find2perl [paths] [predicates] | perl DESCRIPTION
find2perl is a little translator to convert find command lines to equivalent Perl code. The resulting code is typically faster than running find itself. "paths" are a set of paths where find2perl will start its searches and "predicates" are taken from the following list. "! PREDICATE" Negate the sense of the following predicate. The "!" must be passed as a distinct argument, so it may need to be surrounded by whitespace and/or quoted from interpretation by the shell using a backslash (just as with using find(1)). "( PREDICATES )" Group the given PREDICATES. The parentheses must be passed as distinct arguments, so they may need to be surrounded by whitespace and/or quoted from interpretation by the shell using a backslash (just as with using find(1)). "PREDICATE1 PREDICATE2" True if _both_ PREDICATE1 and PREDICATE2 are true; PREDICATE2 is not evaluated if PREDICATE1 is false. "PREDICATE1 -o PREDICATE2" True if either one of PREDICATE1 or PREDICATE2 is true; PREDICATE2 is not evaluated if PREDICATE1 is true. "-follow" Follow (dereference) symlinks. The checking of file attributes depends on the position of the "-follow" option. If it precedes the file check option, an "stat" is done which means the file check applies to the file the symbolic link is pointing to. If "-follow" option follows the file check option, this now applies to the symbolic link itself, i.e. an "lstat" is done. "-depth" Change directory traversal algorithm from breadth-first to depth-first. "-prune" Do not descend into the directory currently matched. "-xdev" Do not traverse mount points (prunes search at mount-point directories). "-name GLOB" File name matches specified GLOB wildcard pattern. GLOB may need to be quoted to avoid interpretation by the shell (just as with using find(1)). "-iname GLOB" Like "-name", but the match is case insensitive. "-path GLOB" Path name matches specified GLOB wildcard pattern. "-ipath GLOB" Like "-path", but the match is case insensitive. "-perm PERM" Low-order 9 bits of permission match octal value PERM. "-perm -PERM" The bits specified in PERM are all set in file's permissions. "-type X" The file's type matches perl's "-X" operator. "-fstype TYPE" Filesystem of current path is of type TYPE (only NFS/non-NFS distinction is implemented). "-user USER" True if USER is owner of file. "-group GROUP" True if file's group is GROUP. "-nouser" True if file's owner is not in password database. "-nogroup" True if file's group is not in group database. "-inum INUM" True file's inode number is INUM. "-links N" True if (hard) link count of file matches N (see below). "-size N" True if file's size matches N (see below) N is normally counted in 512-byte blocks, but a suffix of "c" specifies that size should be counted in characters (bytes) and a suffix of "k" specifies that size should be counted in 1024-byte blocks. "-atime N" True if last-access time of file matches N (measured in days) (see below). "-ctime N" True if last-changed time of file's inode matches N (measured in days, see below). "-mtime N" True if last-modified time of file matches N (measured in days, see below). "-newer FILE" True if last-modified time of file matches N. "-print" Print out path of file (always true). If none of "-exec", "-ls", "-print0", or "-ok" is specified, then "-print" will be added implicitly. "-print0" Like -print, but terminates with instead of . "-exec OPTIONS ;" exec() the arguments in OPTIONS in a subprocess; any occurrence of {} in OPTIONS will first be substituted with the path of the current file. Note that the command "rm" has been special-cased to use perl's unlink() function instead (as an optimization). The ";" must be passed as a distinct argument, so it may need to be surrounded by whitespace and/or quoted from interpretation by the shell using a backslash (just as with using find(1)). "-ok OPTIONS ;" Like -exec, but first prompts user; if user's response does not begin with a y, skip the exec. The ";" must be passed as a distinct argument, so it may need to be surrounded by whitespace and/or quoted from interpretation by the shell using a backslash (just as with using find(1)). "-eval EXPR" Has the perl script eval() the EXPR. "-ls" Simulates "-exec ls -dils {} ;" "-tar FILE" Adds current output to tar-format FILE. "-cpio FILE" Adds current output to old-style cpio-format FILE. "-ncpio FILE" Adds current output to "new"-style cpio-format FILE. Predicates which take a numeric argument N can come in three forms: * N is prefixed with a +: match values greater than N * N is prefixed with a -: match values less than N * N is not prefixed with either + or -: match only values equal to N SEE ALSO
find, File::Find. perl v5.14.2 2014-09-30 FIND2PERL(1)