Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: RBAC related question.....
Operating Systems Solaris RBAC related question..... Post 302335975 by saagar on Monday 20th of July 2009 10:12:53 PM
Old 07-20-2009
thanks samar,
but sorry to ask you again, if authorisation is predefined, why the need for -A switch in roleadd and why Bill Calkins had mentioned it explicitly? pls dont get irritated with my question..thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A Question related to the net

well, I was suggested to remove the contents of the cache as i get out of the browser netscape from the .netscape folder. is that really necessary? if so what are the rest to be done? can anybody please tell me?:rolleyes: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sskb
8 Replies

2. Programming

signals related question

Hi all, Just a little question relative to signals. I know that if an application is in the sleep state, When a signal is catched, it will be processed by the handler. But what happens if it's processing something? Does the processing stops?? The following code should illustrate this case ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ninjanesto
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

One Question related to alias

Hello, I have created following alias in csh lab 'rlogin -l user23 complab23' but problem is complab23 does not allow automatic login by checking .rhosts file. So after typing lab on command line I have to type complicate password and if wrong password is typed thrice then account gets... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: neerajrathi2
4 Replies

4. AIX

RBAC in 5.3 Question

I would like to use the Role Based access control to granulize some of the administration of AIX systems in our organization. Across the company we will be using aix 5.3. One of these roles will only have the access to make, change and delete users, something similar to ManageAllUsers. The thing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dgaixsysadm
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

RBAC question

hi every one i tried rbac and i made 1- role called GizaRoot 2- group called gizagroup 3- added privlage autherization called "m.k" /usr/sbin/useradd:dflt:(m.k,*):0/0//:dflt:dflt:dflt: i assigned the role to group and add user to that group then su to user and tried to use the command ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

having df command related question

Hi All, When i have run the below command its showing 90% which is critical for production. for this i need the answer of some below question please help me for that. 1) i want to delete some unwanted files. how can i know the unwanted files ?Is it there any way of knowing this?? 2)and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk related question

awk "/^<Mar 31, 2012 : /,0" /app/blah.log can someone please help me figure out why the above command isn't pulling anything out from the log? basically, i want it to pull out all records, from the very first line that starts with the date "Mar 31, 2012" and that also has a time immediately... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question related to 'ps'

If I run a script called 'abc.sh' and then execute the following : ps -ef | grep 'abc.sh' I always get two rows of output, one for the executing script, and the other for the grep command that I have triggered after the pipe. Questions: Why does the second row turn up in the results. My... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jawsnnn
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk related question

awk -F ";" 'FNR==NR{a=$1;next} ($2 in a)' server.list datafile | while read line do echo ${line} done when i run the above, i get this: 1 SERVICE NOTIFICATION: nagiosadmin skysmart-01.sky.net .... instead of: SERVICE NOTIFICATION: nagiosadmin skysmart-01.sky.net .... can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question related to grep

We have huge file with control A as delimiter. Somehow one record is corrupted. This time i figured it out using ETL graph. If future , how to print only bad record. Example Correct record:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth38
2 Replies
ICECREAM(1)							     icecream							       ICECREAM(1)

NAME
icecream - download icecast and shoutcast streams, redirecting all fetched content to stdout and/or to disk at the same time SYNOPSIS
icecream [OPTIONS] URL [URL..] DESCRIPTION
icecream is a lightweight, non-interactive, stream download utility. It connects to icecast and shoutcast servers or direct stream URLs, and redirects all fetched content to stdout and/or to media files on your disk. Listen to the stream piping the output to a stdin-capable media player. Save the stream to a named file or split it into different tracks. It is possible to redirect the stream and save it to disk at the same time. icecream is able to parse pls and m3u playlists, and to download mp3 and ogg direct stream URLs. If the stream is anonymous it will be saved as 'stream-time.mp3', where time is actual timestamp. OPTIONS
-h, --help Print a help message describing all options -q, --quiet Turn off output -v, --verbose Be verbose -t, --tracks Split stream into tracks (if possible) --name=NAME Save the stream to file specified by NAME. Format codes starting with "%" will be replaced. See the date command for valid format codes. --stop=N[units] Stop downloading the stream after N kb/mb/min/songs --user-agent=AGENT Set user-agent header to AGENT --stdout Output stream to stdout (implies -q) --sync Turn syncing on, required for some mpeg players that read from stdin --debug Turn on debugging outputs EXAMPLES
Streaming to mpg123 icecream --stdout http://radio.com/playlist.pls | mpg123 - Split stream into different tracks icecream -t http://metal.org/radio.pls Split stream into tracks and play with vlc at the same time icecream -t --stdout http://streaming.com/playlist.pls | vlc file:/dev/stdin Prepare a 74 minute CD icecream -t --stop 74min http://trace.net/playlist.m3u Use a filename with today's date as output icecream -q --name 'radio_%Y_%m_%d' --stop 60min http://radio.com/playlist.pls BUGS
You are welcome to send bug reports about icecream to our mailing list. Feel free to visit http://icecream.sourceforge.net AUTHOR
Written by Gil Megidish <gil at megidish.net> 1.3 2008-04-28 ICECREAM(1)