Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Mountall error at system startup Post 302334972 by Sapfeer on Friday 17th of July 2009 01:48:25 AM
Old 07-17-2009
Thanks for answer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyFullerMalv
If you run:
Code:
# svcs -l system/filesystem/local:default

You will see the name of the log file that the local filesystem SMF service is using, the contents of which may contains useful error messages.
It contains no useful messages - just like that script /lib/svc/method/fs-local exited with non zero state.

Quote:
Is the /global filesystem listed in /etc/vfstab and if so is the filesystem it is in still visible to the operating system?
I can't say that it is definite visible, but if it is not, why only one command, that just clears the state of service (svcadm clear filesystem/local), without any preceding actions makes all things done?

Quote:
Changing one side of a mirror should not break things, all that might happen is that the side that still has a root password set wins the battle when the tow side of the mirror resync, I would have thought?
In that case, I suppose, I should change the root password again to force sync shadow files on both mirror...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I add my own service when system startup?

Hi All, My OS is redhat 7.1. How can I start my own service (e.g. simple scripts) when the system is started? I found something like /etc/rc.d, /etc/rc.init ... But I have no idea on them, have anyone can help me? regards wilson (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilsonchan1000
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

System Startup Time

Hi all, Can anyone tell me how to find the System Startup time. Currently I am using "who -b" to get last reboot time. I wanted to know is there any log file for SCO Openserver 5, in which all this sort of imformations are kept. I have tried searching the forum with words like "WHO... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoeb_syed
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX 5.3: Start Service on System startup

Hi, I'm new to AIX, and have to make some services start at system startup. The IBM-Redbook says I have to edit /etc/inittab. As a long time (Debian)-Linux Admin I'm a bit confused. Is there something like /etc/init.d/$SERVICE in AIX? Greetings, Dennis (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dennis.kuehl
1 Replies

4. Solaris

stop a process to start at system startup

Hi all! I'm running Solaris 10 and have a question about how i can stop a certain program to start at system startup,for example, as it is now sendmail is starting but i don't need sendmail,on the other hand so would i be very glad to get cups up and running at startup, anyone who can explain where... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: larsgk
3 Replies

5. SuSE

Executing set of sh files at system startup

Hi Everybody I am totally new to Linux. We are using Suse Linux version 9. Currently we have 4 to 5 shell scripts which needs to be executed manually by the users.I want these scripts to be run automatically when system starts...something like system startup service. When system is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: appleforme1415
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Understanding System Vish startup scripts

I'm trying to get a clear picture of how startup scripts are executed during bootup. When run-level N is entered, the scripts in /rcN.d are executed. I understand that the S* scripts are executed in numerical order during bootup. What I don't understand is if the K* scripts are executed... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: darkmatter14B
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Startup error

Hi, Greetings to all :), I am using Solaris 5.10 on a HP xw6600 workstation with 2 Intel Xeon processors. System works fine. But during startup the below WARNINGS occur. WARNING:CPU 1 feature mismatch WARNING:There will be no MCA support on chip 0 core 0 strand 2(cmd_hdl_create returned... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sachin.bedraman
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to delete files at booting of system (system startup)

hi all I have a problem how to write a shell script which delete files/folder form directory whenever system boot and copy last updated folder/file in the specified directory.pse help me ASAP. i write a script which copy files in directory.I want when system boot up using script it check whether... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubhig15
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Process dies when launched in system startup script

Good morning! I'm trying to add Maven to the system boot by the moment without success. Testing the operation of the script I realize that the process isn't persistent when the program is launched with the start option. ---- #Startup Script ---- #! /bin/sh # chkconfig: 345 99 1 #... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: carpannav
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Apache tomcat startup script not booting at startup.

I copied the script from an AskUbuntu post - #!/bin/bash ### BEGIN INIT INFO # Provides: tomcat7 # Required-Start: $network # Required-Stop: $network # Default-Start: 2 3 4 5 # Default-Stop: 0 1 6 # Short-Description: Start/Stop Tomcat server ### END INIT INFO ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hijanoqu
14 Replies
automountd(1M)															    automountd(1M)

NAME
automountd - autofs mount/unmount daemon SYNOPSIS
automountd [-Tvn] [-D name=value] automountd is an RPC server that answers file system mount and unmount requests from the autofs file system. It uses local files or name service maps to locate file systems to be mounted. These maps are described with the automount(1M) command. If automount finds any non-trivial entries in either the local or distributed automount maps and if the daemon is not running already, the automountd daemon is automatically invoked by automount(1M). automountd enables the svc:/network/nfs/nlockmgr service (lockd(1M)), and the svc:/network/nfs/status service (statd(1M)), if NFS mounts need to be done. At startup, the automountd daemon is invoked as is invoked as the system/filesystem/autofs:default service. See . The following options are supported: -D name=value Assign value to the indicated automount map substitution variable. These assignments cannot be used to substitute variables in the master map auto_master. -n Turn off browsing for all autofs mount points. This option overrides the -browse autofs map option on the local host. -T Trace. Expand each RPC call and display it on the standard output. -v Verbose. Log status messages to the console. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of automountd when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2**31 bytes). /etc/auto_master Master map for automounter. /etc/default/autofs Supplies default values for parameters for automount and automountd. See autofs(4). See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ svcs(1), automount(1M), svcadm(1M), autofs(4), attributes(5), largefile(5), smf(5) The automountd service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/system/filesystem/autofs Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). The ser- vice's status can be queried using svcs(1). If it is disabled, it is enabled by automount(1M) unless the application/auto_enable property is set to false. 3 Mar 2005 automountd(1M)