Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Learning Solaris
Operating Systems Solaris Learning Solaris Post 302334470 by vbe on Wednesday 15th of July 2009 04:17:04 PM
Old 07-15-2009
Then look for "whats new in SOLARIS 10"... I think sun has a free demo/tutorial for the new functionalities...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

learning on my own

can i do this? i am learning this on my own..and from the book..simple unix i am not sure if the syntax would work if statement then statement do or for or while statement done else statement fi.... I dont know how else to explain that...I hope I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonas27
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris Learning Materials

I'm new to Solaris. Please let me know, where can i find good, explaining and easy learning tutorials in web. Thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moorthy123
2 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Learning UNIX

Alright I am looking to further my knowledge and experiance with computers (Currently a PC technician but not much knowledge with other operating systems like unix/linux). What im trying to do now is get a basic understanding of unix and its commands, unix shells, the unix directory structure, and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rycon
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Learning solaris 10 resources

This is my site and i hope it is useful for unix beginner http://www.learning-solaris.com (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hoanginlove81
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Help on learning Sun Solaris 10

Hi all, Im new to the forum and was just wondering if anyone can help me. Im working in a Unix environment at the moment and have decided to take up learning Sun Solaris 10 however im struggling to find and good learning books / websites, can anyone point me to any good sites that might help me... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjdude
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

learning unix

Hi, i have started to learn unix (on and off for the past few months) and am wishing to move into that area in the administration field of it. I have been working in the help desk area (desktop support - windows based) for about 2.5 years and moved into a team leading role for 1 year in which i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: donnieDarko
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Learning foreach

im newbie at shell scripting. why do the following code #!/bin/tcsh setenv CBC ~/cbc/models/ foreach mix (p00p00 p02p00 p02p04) echo $mix cp $CBC/*$mix*Gyr*fits $mix/ end print(copy) only the first mix? % ./copyfromcbc.sh p00p00 wasn't it supposed to run through all words... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prtc
0 Replies

8. Web Development

Learning HTML

I have tried to create a web page browser window. An example, I copied what the book pretty much wanted but get only the header. What should I change? Also Anyone know any good books for this? Many thanks. <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Translation/EN" ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: N-Training
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 Learning Path

Hello, Im fairly new to the UNIX world. Although I have taken Linux admin classes, it's not enough compared on what you do at your job. I just got a new job and they want me to learn Solaris, I got some good books and I started to read, I run the commands and try to follow some basics examples.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanz.rigo
7 Replies
STK-DEMO(1)						      General Commands Manual						       STK-DEMO(1)

NAME
stk-demo - Sound Synthesis Toolkit demo application SYNOPSIS
stk-demo Instrument [options] STKDemo DESCRIPTION
The stk-demo program demonstrates several of the algorithms that are built into the Sound Synthesis Toolkit (STK). The stk-demo is a com- mand line program, but it has a GUI frontend called STKDemo. Use STKDemo if you want to try out the different synthesis algorithms imple- mented in STK. The stk-demo program can be used to build your own synthesizer/sequencer combination. The program is listening to SKINI commands on stdin. Instrument can be one of the following: Clarinet, BlowHole, Saxofony, Flute, Brass, BlowBotl, Bowed, Plucked, StifKarp, Sitar, Mandolin, Rhodey, Wurley, TubeBell, HevyMetl, Per- cFlut, BeeThree, FMVoices, VoicForm, Moog, Simple, Drummer, BandedWG, Shakers, ModalBar, Mesh2D, Resonate, Whistle Simultaneous multiple output types are supported. Likewise, simultaneous control input types are supported. SKINI formatted scorefiles can be piped or redirected to stk-demo, though realtime control flags should be omitted when doing so. If the optional <file names> are not specified, default names will be indicated. Each flag must include its own '-' sign. OPTIONS
-s RATE to specify a sample rate -n NUMBER specifies the number of voices to allocate -ow <file name> for .wav audio output file -os <file name> for .snd audio output file -om <file name> for .mat audio output file -oa <file name> for .aif audio output file -or for realtime audio output -ip for realtime control input by pipe -is <port> for realtime control input by socket -im for realtime control input by MIDI, SEE ALSO /usr/share/doc/stk-doc in the stk-doc package. AUTHOR
This manual page was written for the Debian project (but may be used by others). august 13, 2004 STK-DEMO(1)