Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Files search in vi editor
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Files search in vi editor Post 302333934 by zaxxon on Tuesday 14th of July 2009 10:34:04 AM
Old 07-14-2009
Please use CODE-tags when posting code, data or logs for better readability. This is not much code but just a good habbit next time Smilie

Code:
vi `find . -name "pattern" -print`

When you are done with one, do a :w to write it and a :n to load the next file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search command on vi editor

Hi all, Here is an example, I would wan to search for all string consists of IMP but not IMP-00015. Values other than 00015 is fine, is there anyone knows how to do that? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: *Jess*
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to open files in VI editor

Hi, I unable to open any file using Vi editor,constantly getting the following error, vi log.log *** glibc detected *** malloc(): memory corruption: 0x081af510 ** uname -a Linux sekac092 2.6.5-7.244-bigsmp #1 SMP Mon Dec 12 18:32:25 UTC 2005 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux Also Note ls... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ennstate
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Syntax coloring for .pc files in VIM editor

Hi, i am using VIM editor through Putty. By the option of Syntax on in .vimrc file i am able to see syntax colors in .c and .cpp files but not in the files with .pc extension. How can this be done? :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RuchK
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Search files with specfic extention and later search content

Hi, I would appriciate if somebody can help me figure out how to search for all the *.xml file under a specific directory and subdirectroies (/home/username) and later search of content "<start>" inside the xml file returned by search. -Lovin.V (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovi_v
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

set EDITOR=vi -> default editor not setting for cron tab

Hi All, I am running a script , working very fine on cmd prompt. The problem is that when I open do crontab -e even after setting editor to vi by set EDITOR=vi it does not open a vi editor , rather it do as below..... ///////////////////////////////////////////////////// $ set... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aarora_98
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check binary files in VI editor?

Hi, i have a file that contain both text and binary inside the file.. i want to see the binary part.. how can i check that ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
2 Replies

7. SuSE

Search all files based on first and in all listed files search the second patterns

Hello Linux Masters, I am not a linux expert therefore i need help from linux gurus. Well i have a requirement where i need to search all files based on first patterns and after seraching all files then serach second pattern in all files which i have extracted based on first pattern.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Black-Linux
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

copying the files in vi editor

Hi, For a particular file i used Vi editor to view the content and i have to copy the same , But in the files if have 1000 lines and i have to copy the file contents from 700th to 900th lines But while copying i'm dragging the mouse from top to bottom but i supposed to copy the lines... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: thelakbe
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search number of occurrences of a particular string in a file through vi editor?

i have one file, i am doing 'vi Filename' now i want to search for particular string and i want to know how many times that string occurs in whole file (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sheelsadan
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Editor for working with large files

Hi, We have file which is about 756 MB of size and vi/vim do not work when we try to edit this file. I'm looking for any editor ( ok if its NOT free ) which has the ability to open/edit a file of 1+GB seamlessly. The OS is SUN Solaris 10 ( Sparc ) Thanks in Advance Maverick (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
13 Replies
Locale::Language(3perl) 				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				   Locale::Language(3perl)

NAME
Locale::Language - standard codes for language identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Language; $lang = code2language('en'); # $lang gets 'English' $code = language2code('French'); # $code gets 'fr' @codes = all_language_codes(); @names = all_language_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Language" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying languages, such as those as defined in ISO 639. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639 two- letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying languages. The ones currently supported are: alpha-2 This is the set of two-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639, such as 'he' for Hebrew. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANG_ALPHA_2". This is the default code set. alpha-3 This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) bibliographic codes from ISO 639, such as 'heb' for Hebrew. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANG_ALPHA_3". term This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) terminologic codes from ISO 639. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANG_TERM". ROUTINES
code2language ( CODE [,CODESET] ) language2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) language_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_language_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_language_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Language::rename_language ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Language::add_language ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Language::delete_language ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Language::add_language_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Language::delete_language_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Language::rename_language_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Language::add_language_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Language::delete_language_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes Locale::Constants http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/ Source of the ISO 639 codes. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2011 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-26 Locale::Language(3perl)