Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem with Xvfb.
Operating Systems Solaris Problem with Xvfb. Post 302333863 by sparcman on Tuesday 14th of July 2009 07:52:04 AM
Old 07-14-2009
Problem with Xvfb.

Hi,

I installed Xvfb on Solaris 10 Smiliebut unfortunately it won't work for me. My install instructions and error messages are below. I really need to get this working so any help would be greatly appreciated.

#mkdir -p /usr/X11R6

#mv X11R6_bin.tar.gz /opt/X11R6/

#gunzip X11R6_bin.tar.gz

#tar xvf X11R6_bin.tar

#/usr/X11R6/bin/Xvfb :1 -screen 0 1152x900x8 &
[1] 22624

DISPLAY=MYPC-IP:1:0; export DISPLAY

I've also tried installing VNC but this doesn't work either. I get a 404 NOT FOUND when conecting to the web server on port 5801.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

user login problem & Files listing problem.

1) when user login to the server the session got colosed. How will resolve? 2) While firing the command ls -l we are not able to see the any files in the director. but over all view the file system using the command df -g it is showing 91% used. what will be the problem? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pernasivam
1 Replies

2. Programming

Tomcat crashes after Xvfb shutdown

Hello, I'm running tomcat on linux and using Xvfb as a X server for creating the pdf's (gui components). I'm running the Xvfb in a different proccess than the tomcat. If the Xvfb is shutdown and no pdf was yet created then everything is ok. but if i create a pdf and then shutdown the Xvfb... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: omerc85
0 Replies

3. IP Networking

Problem with forwarding emails (SPF problem)

Hi, This is rather a question from a "user" than from a sys admin, but I think this forum is apropriate for the question. I have an adress with automatic email forwarding and for some senders (two hietherto), emails are bouncing. This has really created a lot of problems those two time so I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: carwe
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Execution Problems with Xvfb on Solaris 10

Hello : We are in the process of upgrading our Solaris 8 to Solaris 10 We have the following set up on Solaris 8 for starting Xvfb which works very well without any issues $ /usr/openwin/bin/Xvfb :2 -ac -screen 0 6x6x8 -pn -fp /usr/openwin/lib/X11/fonts/misc ON SOLARIS 10 . the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tsbiju
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Execution Problems with Xvfb on Solaris 10

Hello : We are in the process of upgrading our Solaris 8 to Solaris 10 We have the following set up on Solaris 8 for starting Xvfb which works very well without any issues $ /usr/openwin/bin/Xvfb :2 -ac -screen 0 6x6x8 -pn -fp /usr/openwin/lib/X11/fonts/misc ON SOLARIS 10 . the above... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsbiju
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

not able to start xvfb service via rc script

Hi , I am having this start script to start xvfb under rc3.d but it fails during system startup saying unable to open display. also manually if i try to execute the script , it does not work. But if i execute what ever is there in the script line by line on my SHELL , it starts well. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to set DPI as 90x90 for XVFB Display?

when i am connecting to AIX machine from Windows XP through Xmanager am getting dots per inch problem and here we are connecting to AIX machine using X Server virtual frame buffer . Please set 90x90 dots per inch to X Server virtual frame buffer. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: prathap.g
10 Replies

8. AIX

Is XVFB(X window system virtual frame buffer ) open source

I would like to know XVFB is open source or not. (0 Replies)
0 Replies

9. AIX

XVFB Source package for AIX

Please send me link for XVFB Source package for AIX (3 Replies)
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed Or Grep Problem OR Terminal Problem?

I don't know if you guys get this problem sometimes at Terminal but I had been having this problem since yesterday :( Maybe I overdid the Terminal. Even the codes that used to work doesn't work anymore. Here is what 's happening: * I wanted to remove lines containing digits so I used this... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nexeu
25 Replies
dxjim(1X)																 dxjim(1X)

NAME
dxjim - An input server for Japanese DESCRIPTION
In a Motif environment such as CDE, Asian language input methods are supported by independent processes called input servers. The Japanese input server (dxjim) is an X client process that can run on a standard X server, provided that the server system has the required Japanese fonts installed. This means that the Japanese input server can run on any system that can access your X display device, including the device itself. Starting the Input Server If your CDE session language is set to Japanese, the Japanese input server is started automatically, and both the language setting and the Japanese input method is available for applications that you start during that session. If your session language is not set to Japanese, you can switch to Japanese from a terminal emulation window by setting the LANG environment variable to a Japanese locale. From the same terminal emulation window, you must also use the command line to start the Japanese input method server and then other applications in which you want to use Japanese. You can start the input server on your local workstation by using the following command: % /usr/bin/X11/dxjim & If you want to start the input server on a remote system, log on the remote system, and enter the following commands. Substitute the name of your local system for <display_name> in the first command. % setenv DISPLAY <display_name>:0 % /usr/bin/X11/dxjim & After the input server is started, any Motif applications that have been internationalized to support Japanese can communicate with the server to obtain input method services. However, remember that these applications must be started after the server is started. RESTRICTIONS
This input server uses X11R6. It can connect to input-method clients running X11R4, X11R5, or X11R6 under the same locale. However, support for multiple monitors (multi-head systems) is available only to clients also running X11R6. Support for multiple monitors is not available to input-method clients using X11R5 or X11R4. SEE ALSO
Commands: dxhangulim(1X), dxhanziim(1X), dxhanyuim(1X), locale(1) Others: Japanese(5), i18n_intro(5), l10n_intro(5) dxjim(1X)