Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: utf8 strings in Perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting utf8 strings in Perl Post 302333822 by my_Perl on Tuesday 14th of July 2009 06:27:33 AM
Old 07-14-2009
Thankx a lot.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort() array of strings in perl

I have a perl script with an array of clients. @arr = ("The ABC Corp", "AA Corp.", "BB Corp"); If I run @a = sort (@arr); I will get @a = ("AA Corp", "BB Corp", "The ABC Corp"); but I want @a = ("AA Corp, "The ABC Corp", "BB Corp"); How do I sort array without changing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: photon
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Utf8-utf16

Hi All, When we create a flat file using a PLSQL program , the flat file is being created in UTF8 format.This file has lot of german characters.When we use this file to load data into MS SQL Server, the german characters are coming as junk. When we create a flat file in oracle it is being ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Suppandi
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl RegExp to remove last character from strings

I use SAS (a statistical software) and have to remove last character or the last 1/2 numbers that appear after characters from the string using Perl Regular Expression (which is recognized by SAS). Input: f183ii10 f183ii2 f182ii1 f182ii2 f183iim f22ii f22ii11 f22ii12 pmh4 pmhm Desired... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ospreyeagle
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with perl scripting on strings

Hai, I have strings as follows. 0 INDEX MODE: ANALYZED (UNIQUE SCAN) OF 'SYS_C0030166' (INDEX (UNIQUE)) 1 INDEX MODE: ANALYZED (UNIQUE SCAN) OF 'SYS_C0029845' (INDEX (UNIQUE) 9 INDEX MODE: ANALYZED (RANGE SCAN) OF ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagarbsa
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How extract strings (perl)

Sample data: revision001 | some text | some text Comment: some comment Brief: 1) brief 2) brief ------------------------------------------ revision002 | some text | some text Brief: 1) brief 2) brief FIX: some fix ------------------------------------------ revision003 | some... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: inotech
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

UTF8 encoding

Hi experts, I have a gz file from other system(solaris), which is ftped to our system(solaris). After gunzip, the file is a xml file and we are using ORACLE built in xml transformiing tool ORAXSL to transform XML to TXT. Now the issue is we come accross issue regarding UTF8 as below:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: summer_cherry
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl removing strings from a variable value

Dear all, I have a variable called $abc, which the value is something like below, *** *********** : ***** where * can be anything. I need to remove all but the final characters until last whitespace. example grd groupstudy : tutor6/7 becomes tutor6/7 something like if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tententen
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing strings in perl script

HI all, These are examples of the original value from a variable $abc can be FastEthernet1/0 GigabitEthernet3/1 Serial1/0 If $abc is FastEthernet*/* (where * can be any number), replace $abc value to fa*/* (same number as the original value). GigabitEthernet becomes ga*/* and Serial... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tententen
2 Replies

9. Programming

Perl:how to find multiple strings

Hi , i'm trying to find lines in a file that have 2 matches,but i have trouble with regex -it doesn't search for a second string-please help #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use warnings; my $log = "log"; my $log_string = "grep '^8=' $log |"; usage (); chomp (my $TAB_1 = $ARGV); chomp (my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: auto_w
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to delimit size of strings

Hello, I have a huge file of over 2,00,00,00 strings in UTF8 format. I have managed to write a script in Perl which sorts them neatly as per their Unicode ranges. However I am now stuck with a script which will pipe out all strings between 3 and 20 letters/characters. I am not very good at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
2 Replies
pbmreduce(1)						      General Commands Manual						      pbmreduce(1)

NAME
pbmreduce - read a portable bitmap and reduce it N times SYNOPSIS
pbmreduce [-floyd|-fs|-threshold ] [-value val] N [pbmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable bitmap as input. Reduces it by a factor of N, and produces a portable bitmap as output. pbmreduce duplicates a lot of the functionality of pgmtopbm; you could do something like pnmscale | pgmtopbm, but pbmreduce is a lot faster. pbmreduce can be used to "re-halftone" an image. Let's say you have a scanner that only produces black&white, not grayscale, and it does a terrible job of halftoning (most b&w scanners fit this description). One way to fix the halftoning is to scan at the highest possible res- olution, say 300 dpi, and then reduce by a factor of three or so using pbmreduce. You can even correct the brightness of an image, by using the -value flag. OPTIONS
By default, the halftoning after the reduction is done via boustrophedonic Floyd-Steinberg error diffusion; however, the -threshold flag can be used to specify simple thresholding. This gives better results when reducing line drawings. The -value flag alters the thresholding value for all quantizations. It should be a real number between 0 and 1. Above 0.5 means darker images; below 0.5 means lighter. All flags can be abbreviated to their shortest unique prefix. SEE ALSO
pnmenlarge(1), pnmscale(1), pgmtopbm(1), pbm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1988 by Jef Poskanzer. 02 August 1989 pbmreduce(1)