Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How does Unix write events into event log? Post 302333635 by mariano_donati on Monday 13th of July 2009 04:42:10 PM
Old 07-13-2009
Thanks for your reply. I'm using Ubuntu 9, when I execute man command it says "No manual entry for syslog".

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to write code for a Logging Event?

How do I know what parts of the application to monitor and what means do I use to get this data? Can I use proc? What interactions are important and how do I view them?I would be more descriptive but I have not a clue. Thanks in... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: theKbStockpiler
18 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Event Prediction - New Sports Events

Hi, Some sports predictions suggestions. Although the Celtics are still playing the Heat. Just being optimistic that they will win. Otherwise, please change to Heat. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ni2
9 Replies
SYSLOG(8)							  System Logging							 SYSLOG(8)

NAME
syslog-ng, syslogd DESCRIPTION
There are different syslog daemon implementations supported as the system's syslog service, currently syslogd, syslog-ng and rsyslogd The first installed daemon activates itself for the syslog service. Starting with openSUSE-11.2, it is rsyslogd, before it was syslog-ng. But this depends on the software selection during the installation. The name of the daemon used as syslog service is specified in the SYSLOG_DAEMON variable in /etc/sysconfig/syslog. The yast2 sysconfig module provides a comfortable way to switch to another installed daemon and restart the service. The /etc/init.d/syslog init script is able to handle all supported daemons. BUGS
Please report bugs at <http://www.suse.de/feedback> AUTHOR
Juergen Weigert <jw@novell.com> Marius Tomaschewski <mt@novell.com> SEE ALSO
sysklogd(8) syslogd(8) syslog.conf(5) syslog-ng(8) syslog-ng.conf(5) rsyslogd(8) rsyslog.conf(5) syslog May 2008 SYSLOG(8)